BREAKING NEWS Doc Rivers fired.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHO WAS MOST TO BLAME FOR THE LOSS?
DOC RIVERS
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
JOEL EMBIID
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
JAMES HARDEN
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
GAME PLANS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TEAM HEALTH
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OTHER (explain)
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject: BREAKING NEWS Doc Rivers fired.

Someone has to take the blame. It's the nature of the business. I understand Docs's game 7 record. I know he's only won 1 championship. How many NBA coaches have won none? I don't think the loss should be blamed on Doc. He did make a big mistake in not getting the ball to Joel for 4 minutes in the loss. If No D'Antoni is hired I'll be looking sideways at Harden.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject:

Other: Boston was just a better team.

If Tatum had made that pass to Smart a tenth of a second earlier in Game 4, the series would have been over. The Celtics might have closed out the Sixers in five. Instead, the Sixers had a chance and made a fight of it. After a loss, people are always going to point fingers. But really, the Celtics were just the better team.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject:

This is not BREAKING NEWS - this was to be expected. James Harden and Joel Embiids failure get blamed on the coach...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:02 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
This is not <b>BREAKING NEWS</b> - this was to be expected. James Harden and Joel Embiids failure get blamed on the coach...

EXPECTED YES, BREAKING NEWS YES

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
This is not <b>BREAKING NEWS</b> - this was to be expected. James Harden and Joel Embiids failure get blamed on the coach...

Agreed. Budenholzer getting fired was more surprising to me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
This is not <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b> - this was to be expected. James Harden and Joel Embiids failure get blamed on the coach...

Agreed. Budenholzer getting fired was more surprising to me.

More surprising to me was Monty Williams.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 16, 2023 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject:

Doc is an ok head coach, not brilliant and not horrible. I think that management has made some questionable personnel decisions but I agree that the Celtics are just better.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Doc is an ok head coach, not brilliant and not horrible. I think that management has made some questionable personnel decisions but I agree that the Celtics are just better.

Doc Rivers is 10th on the all-time coaching regular season wins list. That's more than an OK head coach. That's good coaching.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: