*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (05/18/23 @ 5:30 PM PT) Western Conference Finals / Gm#2 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
these dudes celebrating like they're going to the Finals

They are.

Then I hope either Boston or Miami beat those (bleep)

How could you root for Boston to win a ship…that’s a fake arse Laker fan if I ever saw one. You gotta be kidding me with that take. Take it back! Right now…take it back or banned for life from being a Laker fan. Frfr
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Last comment. Guards other than Reaves were 6-20. AD 4-15. Rui 1-3 in the 2nd half. Lebron 0-6 from three. We don’t have enough offense to match up with the best scoring teams in the league, as is, but it’s extremely hard to win games when we’re getting this kind of shooting. We made up the difference with free throws and defense against Memphis and Golden State. Denver is just in another tier offensively, though, and there’s nothing wrong with that. There are clear holes in this roster than can be addressed in the offseason, so at the end of the day, I’m more than happy with the run they were able to make…especially with the season being dead in the water just three months ago.

Denver had 108 pts.

They weren't really on another tier tonight..

Testament to our defensive effort. But eventually the dam broke. And they’re absolutely on another tier because they can put five guys on the floor who are scoring threats. No one to cheat off of is a huge challenge for the defense. And unlike the two previous opponents, they have two dudes who can pull shots out of their ass when things break down (Klay isn’t that guy anymore). I just think the amount of effort it’s taking us to even slow down their offense is gonna eventually affect our own offense late in games, as we’ve seen twice now.

We’ll see if we can get some home cooking to even the series, but winning in Denver is gonna take an insane effort. Not enough people realize that Denver has been pretty much invincible at home the last few months.

I felt as good Darvin has been thus far these playoffs, in these two games versus Denver he's been doing too much.

He needs to shrink the rotation a bit. Really only 8-9 players should be getting burn.

Hated the three guard lineup again with DLO playing small forward.
I saw one play he had Lonnie in for like 1 minute then subbed him out after he finally hit a floater.

I get it everyone's tired but it's now or never
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
these dudes celebrating like they're going to the Finals

They are.

Then I hope either Boston or Miami beat those (bleep)

No way I’d hope Boston to win 18

No Laker fan would, must be a troll.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Wedtbrick in playoffs outplayed Dlo vander and beasly combined

And lost.

That had nothing to do with WB. That team lost their 2 main players.

Excuses. And Westbrook is The King of Diminishing Returns. You're lucky he only played one series and didn't get a chance to show you who he really is in the playoffs.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject:

We got the JaVale McGee version of AD. I think we're done because of the limited time off between games given Lebron's age.

On the other hand, Im hoping they take the home games more serious now since I could see them losing one of those 2 if they won a game in Denver. This team tends to relax.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject:

F&ck man. It’s over.

I was stuck at a dinner and couldn’t even watch it but was glancing at the scoreboard when I could.

Damn it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
F&ck man. It’s over.

I was stuck at a dinner and couldn’t even watch it but was glancing at the scoreboard when I could.

Damn it.

they only protected HC.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
F&ck man. It’s over.

Damn it.

they only protected HC.

Lakers need to win both at home or it is indeed over.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Meathead needs to pull Bron aside when it comes to jacking up these threes.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
F&ck man. It’s over.

Damn it.

they only protected HC.

Of course and the Lakers can certainly do that -- Denver has never struck me as a juggxrnaught dynastic team --- they are very beatable -- Lebron minutes need to be limited so he can be effective in the 4th if needed.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Disappointing loss. Lakers having the same issues as they have had all season though. Unfortunately they are who they are.

Just can’t do it against a good team like the Nuggets.

Inconsistency. Settling on offense. Poor transition defense.

On to game 3.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Feels like it could be 2-0 Lakers, but didn't do enough in the final mins of both games to steal a win. Sucks...

Last edited by rybee on Thu May 18, 2023 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject:

When someone going to tell LBJ to STOP SHOOTING 3s?

THIS IS WHY HAM is garbage..he cant stand up to LBJ and say "STOP!"

He Also dont want to sit a guy like DLO who is not offering nothing. Every player has bad nights and bad matchups. ITS UP TO THE IDIOT COACH to recognize when thats happening. Dont care if he is a rookie..THATS A LAMMMME EXCUSE!

Rui cooking and Shro is not shooting right but atleast playing D...Why not keep Rui/Shro and AR in..STIOP USING THAT IDIOT SMALL BALL CRAP!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Feels like it could be 2-0 Lakers, but didn't do enough in the final mins of both games to steal a win.

That’s how playoff goes. We were a Lonnie walker game and a Lebron layup away from losing both game 4s. Sometimes you have to win ugly
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Feels like it could be 2-0 Lakers, but didn't do enough in the final mins of both games to steal a win. Sucks...

we're just not good as Denver as of now. If we were, we'd be at least 1-1...We took it to Denver end of game 1 and they responded. Younger Lebron and we win easy.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
rybee wrote:

we're just not good as Denver as of now. If we were, we'd be at least 1-1...We took it to Denver end of game 1 and they responded. Younger Lebron and we win easy.

Yeah, even the lebron from January would do it. Unfortunate, but they are better than us at the moment .
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
F&ck man. It’s over.

Damn it.

they only protected HC.

Of course and the Lakers can certainly do that -- Denver has never struck me as a juggxrnaught dynastic team --- they are very beatable -- Lebron minutes need to be limited so he can be effective in the 4th if needed.

They aren’t dynastic but they are following a pretty common path to winning. A lot of heartbreaks. Steadily improve each year and they have a pretty gnarly superstar. Us on the other hand have a beaten down all time great, an inconsistent all star, some nice pieces and some cast offs who haven’t really been through it. Ever.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject:

nights like these, you look at the team and you need AD to show up. He vanished once again. It was Reaves or a old Lebron to save us. We just couldn't match Murray's explosive 4th.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Last comment. Guards other than Reaves were 6-20. AD 4-15. Rui 1-3 in the 2nd half. Lebron 0-6 from three. We don’t have enough offense to match up with the best scoring teams in the league, as is, but it’s extremely hard to win games when we’re getting this kind of shooting. We made up the difference with free throws and defense against Memphis and Golden State. Denver is just in another tier offensively, though, and there’s nothing wrong with that. There are clear holes in this roster than can be addressed in the offseason, so at the end of the day, I’m more than happy with the run they were able to make…especially with the season being dead in the water just three months ago.

Denver had 108 pts.

Testament to our defensive effort. But eventually the dam broke. And they’re absolutely on another tier because they can put five guys on the floor who are scoring threats. No one to cheat off of is a huge challenge for the defense. And unlike the two previous opponents, they have two dudes who can pull shots out of their ass when things break down (Klay isn’t that guy anymore). I just think the amount of effort it’s taking us to even slow down their offense is gonna eventually affect our own offense late in games, as we’ve seen twice now.

We’ll see if we can get some home cooking to even the series, but winning in Denver is gonna take an insane effort. Not enough people realize that Denver has been pretty much invincible at home the last few months.

I felt as good Darvin has been thus far these playoffs, in these two games versus Denver he's been doing too much.

He needs to shrink the rotation a bit. Really only 8-9 players should be getting burn.

I saw one play he had Lonnie in for like 1 minute then subbed him out after he finally hit a floater.

He has shrunk the line up…only 8 guys played more than 1 minute with TT. Sing the 9th having played 1 minute.

AD/LBJ/Rui/Vandi/AR/LW4/Schro/Dlo that’s 8 that got all the minutes except 1 minutes…can’t shrink it anymore…need another player that we can’t get until the off season unless Mo comes back and contributes.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
rybee wrote:
Feels like it could be 2-0 Lakers, but didn't do enough in the final mins of both games to steal a win.

That’s how playoff goes. We were a Lonnie walker game and a Lebron layup away from losing both game 4s. Sometimes you have to win ugly

This games has been closer than what it seems. Lakers are just not making enough plays to win these games like we did first 2 rounds..

Both games has literally come down to a couple of possessions and couple haymaker shots by Denver.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
rybee wrote:

Nooo we have been up and led late in game..like in the 4th. Its the stupid small ball line ups and the stupid 3s somebody cant realize that they NOT CURRY. This coach just dumb..RUI is cooking...and he sits him. Its crazy.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Denver had 108 pts.

He has shrunk the line up…only 8 guys played more than 1 minute with TT. Sing the 9th having played 1 minute.

AD/LBJ/Rui/Vandi/AR/LW4/Schro/Dlo that’s 8 that got all the minutes except 1 minutes…can’t shrink it anymore…need another player that we can’t get until the off season unless Mo comes back and contributes.

Well then I should of said only 7-8 players should be getting burn.
We need to have better rotations that's for sure.

As great Lonnie has been in the warriors series he's not putting up a fight against KCP, Brown, and Jamal.
Too many instances I seen Lonnie forced to guard 6'10 MPJ. Hell even KCP makes him look small.

I get it Troy Brown hasn't been great in these playoffs but maybe he's the right guy to limit Bruce Brown and KCP from having their way?

Not Sure what Wenyen can give us but his high energy might be useful.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
rybee wrote:

This games has been closer than what it seems. Lakers are just not making enough plays to win these games like we did first 2 rounds..

Both games has literally come down to a couple of possessions and couple haymaker shots by Denver.

Yeah. Sometimes that’s how close games are. I hope we can get some lucky bounces our way
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject:

deleted

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Thu May 18, 2023 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 9:00 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
rybee wrote:

Yeah, even the lebron from January would do it. Unfortunate, but they are better than us at the moment .

only way is AD going off in game 3 or 4 (need role players to step up in the other) and AD showing up in game 6 and one of the Denver home games. I'm talking at least 30 pts and not missing chippies like he's JaVele McGee
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 75 of 77
Jump to: