*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (05/18/23 @ 5:30 PM PT) Western Conference Finals / Gm#2 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Michael Malone:

“Much is being made of them putting Rui Hachimura on Nikola Jokic like we’ve never seen that before.”

(via @HarrisonWind)

Why is Malone so bothered by this? No one is thinking that this some magic trick lol. 1 of several different looks.

I think because its about that time the Lakers made a run. I think he's trying to suggest that wasnt the reason; or if it played as a reason, they can counter that.

I think Denver is feeling really good for this series. In the bubble, the Lakers were the bigger team and won. Nugs are now bigger.

On top of that... Malone... did the Lakers put Rui on the Joker back in freakin' January when the Lakers LAST played the Nuggets? I don't think so... he is bluffing
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Nuggs are 5.5 favorites fwiw
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
How many of you think that Ham will start the same small-ball lineup as in Game 1?

Ham could not be THAT dumb, could he?

Considering he still threw that out there when outrebounded 36-13 and let them play for like 6 minutes in second half as a unit and they watched nugs extend their lead?

I'd be pissed. But not surprised.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Luis5150 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Michael Malone:

“Much is being made of them putting Rui Hachimura on Nikola Jokic like we’ve never seen that before.”

(via @HarrisonWind)

Why is Malone so bothered by this? No one is thinking that this some magic trick lol. 1 of several different looks.

I think because its about that time the Lakers made a run. I think he's trying to suggest that wasnt the reason; or if it played as a reason, they can counter that.

I think Denver is feeling really good for this series. In the bubble, the Lakers were the bigger team and won. Nugs are now bigger.

On top of that... Malone... did the Lakers put Rui on the Joker back in freakin' January when the Lakers LAST played the Nuggets? I don't think so... he is bluffing

He is and has always been pretty brash in his statements. I think he said some stuff in the bubble and he was taking a victory lap on DLo after G1 last night as well. That is just his thing.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Valdarno wrote:
How many of you think that Ham will start the same small-ball lineup as in Game 1?

Considering he still threw that out there when outrebounded 36-13 and let them play for like 6 minutes in second half as a unit and they watched nugs extend their lead?

On Spectrum... I really should rewind and get a better version of the quote but basically they were saying something to the effect of it wasn't that the lineup was small it was because of this or that. But basically it came down to them having rationalizations for the small lineup. So I was a bit concerned about that. I need to rewind because I don't remember if it was a Trudell saying that or if it was Trudell quoting Ham saying that.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Malone is a solid coach. He fits his team’s personality. They come off feeling disrespected. My concern is that they throw in a new wrinkle that catches us off guard or Rui gets in early foul trouble.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Valdarno wrote:

On Spectrum... I really should rewind and get a better version of the quote but basically they were saying something to the effect of it wasn't that the lineup was small it was because of this or that. But basically it came down to them having rationalizations for the small lineup. So I was a bit concerned about that. I need to rewind because I don't remember if it was a Trudell saying that or if it was Trudell quoting Ham saying that.

It was Ham. He said it was a "mobility" factor. Probably around our transition defense.
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Michael Malone:

(via @HarrisonWind)

He is and has always been pretty brash in his statements. I think he said some stuff in the bubble and he was taking a victory lap on DLo after G1 last night as well. That is just his thing.

Totally agree
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject:

The Nuggets may be the more talented and better team....they can still lose this series even if they win Game 2. We take care of home court and I think Game 5, they will be vulnerable if we can withstand their initial energy push
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject:

They are talking too much led by their coach. Time to show them what's up. Lakers in 6. We are about to get 3 in a row.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
They are talking too much led by their coach. Time to show them what's up. Lakers in 6. We are about to get 3 in a row.

Yea....not impressed by Malone's demeanor as a coach or leader. Seems more likely to be a guy who falls flat on his face than a guy who can live up to bold proclamations. Riley, Phil and Pop had a way to be bold without sounding like a dude just being emotional and without substance.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Yea....not impressed by Malone's demeanor as a coach or leader. Seems more likely to be a guy who falls flat on his face than a guy who can live up to bold proclamations. Riley, Phil and Pop had a way to be bold without sounding like a dude just being emotional and without substance.

I wonder if it is how he builds up his team. They aren't a bunch of dawgs so he talks to hype them up.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Valdarno wrote:

Size is a problem but NOT the main problem that caused the first half avalanche…. it was lack of energy and desire which led to garbage transition and half court defense.

I think the tweak will be minor by starting Vando not Rui
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

I wonder if it is how he builds up his team. They aren't a bunch of dawgs so he talks to hype them up.

Maybe considering Jamal Murray and Bruce Brown are the only dawgs on that team. Its hard to pinpoint but Phil had the confident/carefree smirk, Riley with the focus, and Pop with a little bit of both but all these guys gave off the championship aura and vibe. Even the newer and younger coaches that won like Nurse and Vogel - they dont give off the vibe of a guy who was picked on a lot as a kid that Malone seems to give off.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Valdarno wrote:

Size is a problem but NOT the main problem that caused the first half avalanche…. it was lack of energy and desire which led to garbage transition and half court defense.

I think the tweak will be minor by starting Vando not Rui

I just dont see our 3 guard lineup working vs this squad. Giving up way too much size across the board. Second half the 3 guard lineup came out aggressive and trying to clean up that mess from the first half, hell they even came out outrebounding them 3-0.

Problem was, we otherwise couldnt get consistent stops. They ran at d'lo the way we ran at murray, except murray was scoring more than giving up. And DS is quick, but he is limited with who he can guard.

I prefer DS off the bench preferably, and going with more size. Completely fine trying vando, rui, or hell, even wenyan with starters. Adjusting from there
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Going to be a close game but I think we win this.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Let's win by 20 and get them panicking. I want to hear the magic words. "We got the shots we wanted, we just need to connect."

That's usually code for, "The Lakers made us take bad shots but they feel make-able so let's keep the game plan"
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 3:00 am    Post subject:

Put Murray in the Bron post-up torture chamber starting in the first quarter. Keeps Bron fresh and wears down Murray significantly. Post up Murray with Rui too. Murray can be rattled (cannot control his temper and doesn't play better when angry unlike others). If you break Murray, you take the heart of the Denver team. I know Jokic is the engine, but Murray is the heart. The others (outside of Jokic) will shrink when they don't have Murray going to hype them up. They are followers and front-runners.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:31 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Mo Bamba told me today that his follow-up appointment in LA went well and that the swelling in his ankle following the PRP injection is all the way down. He seemed optimistic.

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1658941620937695236?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Damn, he still has swelling? What the hell kind of twisted ankle was that?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:33 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
I am predicting another high scoring contest with the nuggets pulling away late.

Denver - 119
LAL - 110

Don't see how anyone on our team can stop Murray/Jokic

Same as Bane hitting a buzz beater to beat us in game 6? How did that work out?

Denver couldn’t stop us all 4 quarters but we played better D the second half

What kind of people picks against the Lakers every time in a Lakers fan forum?

those who say "we/us" but who are not actually fans of the Lakers...

Word! I hate em!
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 5:41 am    Post subject:

The Nuggets are starting to chirp like a bunch of Grizzlies.
You've got Malone saying the Lakers have no adjustment they haven't seen, you've got players trashing D-Lo and saying they're going to come out again and smash the Lakers in the mouth.

Ham is an OG though -- so is Lebron.
I like our chances.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:09 am    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
The Nuggets are starting to chirp like a bunch of Grizzlies.
You've got Malone saying the Lakers have no adjustment they haven't seen, you've got players trashing D-Lo and saying they're going to come out again and smash the Lakers in the mouth.

Ham is an OG though -- so is Lebron.
I like our chances.

I get the annoyance from them about the questions, but yeah this is what separates the respect factor between championship teams like GS and Lakers that have been there vs. the Grizzlies, Nuggets types.

At this stage, everyone knows what the other team may do. Scouting is a huge investment in any sport, so it’s not like anything is a surprise it’s just of when it will be used and how the opponent reacts in game vs. next game adjustment.

I don’t know if the Lakers will win, but if I’m the Nuggets I would be a little concerned that after everything basically went their way and they had all the amped up home game 1 start to series energy, the Lakers were 1 shot away from tying the game late.

You never want to give the other team any advantage and imo the Nuggets didn’t end the game well from a mentality standpoint. In G2 and G5, GS made it a point to not let us even get close to stealing the game.

Let’s see what happens tonight with a Lakers team that should be plenty desperate because 4 of 5 against the Nuggets even if you win the 3 home games is not something that sounds doable especially with a 38 year old Lebron.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject:

I'm going to revert to who I was in the past. I'm of a school that teaches, a must win game is the 7th game of a 7 game series. I'm going to say tonights game is a really need to win.

The Lakers saw something in the second half of game 1. I'm sure Malone was taking notes and will design counters. Ham knows this and will tweak what he saw as a Joker stopping scheme.

Who's playing chess and who's playing checkers?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu May 18, 2023 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:29 am    Post subject:

Tony Brothers
David Guthrie (aka Foul Bae)
Brian Forte
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Tony Brothers
David Guthrie (aka Foul Bae)
Brian Forte

Well this isn’t good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 3 of 77
Jump to: