*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (05/22/23 @ 5:30 PM PT) Western Conference Finals / Gm #4 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
No one is gonna talk about that bs out of bounds call they gave to Denver after initially calling it Lakers ball. It was clearly out off murray, tha game was tied and this allowed jokic to drive in and make the layup with 31 seconds left crucial call. Refs let us down and ham didn’t challenge

Why not use your challenge there? Did we end the game with it still in our pocket? WTF is going on here?

Idk what happened Ham was arguing with the ref and the ref said something to him and Ham just said ok and was normal I was furious and then jokic bulldozes his way through AD and Schroeder and makes the shot.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerLanny wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
No one is gonna talk about that bs out of bounds call they gave to Denver after initially calling it Lakers ball. It was clearly out off murray, tha game was tied and this allowed jokic to drive in and make the layup with 31 seconds left crucial call. Refs let us down and ham didn’t challenge

Why not use your challenge there? Did we end the game with it still in our pocket? WTF is going on here?

Officiating is terrible + challenge system sucks = you can't challenge calls unless an official makes a call. You can't challenge a play that wasn't called one way or another.

Would have liked to see some of the foul calls earlier in the game challenged. Can't save your challenge under the assumption that a bad CALL will be the difference down the stretch. A non call can't be challenged so you just have to eat it.

Hopefully challenges get expanded in some way that makes the game more objectively accurate.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

eddiejonze wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:

The NBA is trolling us hard. Both the Lakers and Celtics getting sweep. I am just afraid is with the Clippers moving to their new home next year, the NBA will do everything to hand them a championship. Hope I am wrong.

You aint wrong...Too bad the NBA is the only rigged league cause I wish the NFL would do some NBA crap and gift the Bills the super bowl lol.

Wait what the clippers won’t be at the crypto arena next season? I thought they were still paying rent to our Lakers still?

Either way LOL at the thought of the Winning a chip EVER

Paul George about to retire and become the Joe Rogan of the NBA LOL
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

See you on the Free agent/ Trade thread...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

deal wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers fall 113-111 - Season Over.

They had a shot at the end to tie or take the lead. I think many posters were hoping for an AR 3. Instead LBJ drove to the hoop and was met by Murray and Gordon, he couldnt get off a good shot.

The game was in many was there for the Lakers taking. They outscored the Nugs in the first, second, and fourth quarters. LBJ first half was epic.

Unfortunately the third quarter was epicly bad. The one trait of this Laker team throughout the season was their ability to play really high, and then really low...the lows are when teams went on epic runs. That's what happened in the third. Denver ran the Lakers off the floor - Lakers couldnt get stops, couldnt score, couldnt execute on offense. Outscored Lakers 36-16 in that quarter. Took a 7 point lead after being down 15.

In the fourth the Lakers eventually tied it, but boneheaded plays still curse this team. Two fouls of 3 point plays giving Denver 6 points off FT's. Ontop of that Jokic just kept hitting these crazy falling backward, contested, shot clock running out 3s (at least 2).

In the end, a combination of the Lakers not being able to consistently play good basketball for 48 minutes, combined with Nugs just hitting those momentum shots (that had no business going in)...spelled doom.

AD: Ouch, played pretty up and down. Some good defensive moments at times, some bad ones. Offensively struggled although he did have some nice FT's and a bucket down the stretch.

AR: Another solid game.

LBJ: Gave everything he had

Rui: Tough game offensively.

In the end, my observation about this Laker squad is I think accurate. They can play A to A+ basketball at times, but then drop to C- or D level. Nuggest are basically a team mainly humming around B+ level basketball, they hit the A- level, and do not seem to drop below B-. That's your third quarter right there...Lakers played D level, Nuggets around a B or B+...and they oustcored Lakers by 20.

Also, I had predicted the lack of a reliable big that could play with AD would likely bite them in the rear (TT did well in a handful minutes but I wouldnt call him an answer atm). And there it was.

I mean look, team started 2-10, looked like utter garbage. Somehow, some way, they got us to believe in them as the Lakers made it to the WCF.

Not sure what the offseason will look like, but I will say this:

I am pissed the Lakers lost tonight on our home floor.

I am frustrated at how they played at times and some of the boneheaded mistakes.

But this team, like how they even got into the playoffs, showed some damn grit. Flawed as hell in many ways, but they put up a fight tonight and had Denver having to dig deep.

Tip of the hat to the Nuggets. They are likely going to win a ring.

Denver was the better team all year. Just like you, I’m glad we got into it this season. To get here we had a team and a bench, we need some tweaks not an overhaul.

IF Denver gets their 1st I’m be okay with it, I just want this FO to make smart moves this off season and not something they’ll need to fix mid-season. A good start would be keeping some of the valuable pieces and pass on a 3rd star.

Denver’s weakness is rim protection and high PNR, we have no one to run high PNR(DLO is not it) to just punish them for going under and besides LBJ, we have no one attacking them at the rim either. We settled for mid range shots way too much.
It is not a coincidence we beat the Nuggets twice with westbrook and he was +18 and +25 in those 2 games(missed the first game, the other game didn’t have LBJ and Ad)- don’t take this the wrong way, I am not defending Russ, just wanted to point out the weakness of Denver
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject:

MagicMamba88 wrote:
Reaves this off season needs to work on his conditioning

LeBron needs to get healthy and maybe surgery for that foot.

AD needs to shed weight and get back to what he used to be on the pelicans when he used to beat all the bigs up and down the floor.

AD was a lumbering stiff every other game
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Were any of these games actually ever as close as the scores suggested, or were the Nuggets just coasting the whole time?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Problem is we don't have a consistent 1 A player we have two 1 B players..who can dominate, but inconsistently, the only way to overcome a team with two 2 A players, is if for our depth to beat their depth, but their role players also played much better than ours...our whole team basically losing their outside shot this series was also a killer.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject:

MagicMamba88 wrote:

AD needs to shed weight and get back to what he used to be on the pelicans when he used to beat all the bigs up and down the floor.

Austin will be better and stronger next season but any player even at superior health would be gassed with the type of minutes and two way production he distributed every game this season.

Lebron will be great again and all the haters will be extra pissed he’s still kicking ass in year 21 I’d bet my pinky finger on it.

AD at this weight and size is the reason he was able to stay healthy this entire postseason. I just hope he continues with his program and maintains this physique for next season.

What AD really needs is for Rob to sign and steal a few bigs to help him like Brook Lopez via free agency or a sign and trade for Clint Capela like others have mentioned in the free agency thread
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Were any of these games actually ever as close as the scores suggested, or were the Nuggets just coasting the whole time?

games were all competitive save game 3. Ham just didn’t have enough bullets in the chamber as DLO and AD gaffed
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mad55557777 wrote:
deal wrote:
DrDent wrote:

They had a shot at the end to tie or take the lead. I think many posters were hoping for an AR 3. Instead LBJ drove to the hoop and was met by Murray and Gordon, he couldnt get off a good shot.

The game was in many was there for the Lakers taking. They outscored the Nugs in the first, second, and fourth quarters. LBJ first half was epic.

Unfortunately the third quarter was epicly bad. The one trait of this Laker team throughout the season was their ability to play really high, and then really low...the lows are when teams went on epic runs. That's what happened in the third. Denver ran the Lakers off the floor - Lakers couldnt get stops, couldnt score, couldnt execute on offense. Outscored Lakers 36-16 in that quarter. Took a 7 point lead after being down 15.

In the fourth the Lakers eventually tied it, but boneheaded plays still curse this team. Two fouls of 3 point plays giving Denver 6 points off FT's. Ontop of that Jokic just kept hitting these crazy falling backward, contested, shot clock running out 3s (at least 2).

In the end, a combination of the Lakers not being able to consistently play good basketball for 48 minutes, combined with Nugs just hitting those momentum shots (that had no business going in)...spelled doom.

AD: Ouch, played pretty up and down. Some good defensive moments at times, some bad ones. Offensively struggled although he did have some nice FT's and a bucket down the stretch.

In the end, my observation about this Laker squad is I think accurate. They can play A to A+ basketball at times, but then drop to C- or D level. Nuggest are basically a team mainly humming around B+ level basketball, they hit the A- level, and do not seem to drop below B-. That's your third quarter right there...Lakers played D level, Nuggets around a B or B+...and they oustcored Lakers by 20.

Also, I had predicted the lack of a reliable big that could play with AD would likely bite them in the rear (TT did well in a handful minutes but I wouldnt call him an answer atm). And there it was.

I mean look, team started 2-10, looked like utter garbage. Somehow, some way, they got us to believe in them as the Lakers made it to the WCF.

I am frustrated at how they played at times and some of the boneheaded mistakes.

But this team, like how they even got into the playoffs, showed some damn grit. Flawed as hell in many ways, but they put up a fight tonight and had Denver having to dig deep.

Denver was the better team all year. Just like you, I’m glad we got into it this season. To get here we had a team and a bench, we need some tweaks not an overhaul.

IF Denver gets their 1st I’m be okay with it, I just want this FO to make smart moves this off season and not something they’ll need to fix mid-season. A good start would be keeping some of the valuable pieces and pass on a 3rd star.

Denver’s weakness is rim protection and high PNR, we have no one to run high PNR(DLO is not it) to just punish them for going under and besides LBJ, we have no one attacking them at the rim either. We settled for mid range shots way too much.
It is not a coincidence we beat the Nuggets twice with westbrook and he was +18 and +25 in those 2 games(missed the first game, the other game didn’t have LBJ and Ad)- don’t take this the wrong way, I am not defending Russ, just wanted to point out the weakness of Denver

Its a fair observation; honestly, one could convince me this Denver team is likely the only team having Westbrook would have helped (and I cannot stand Westbrook). However, Grizz and/or Dubs woulda smoked the team with him instead of D'lo. Those 2 series D'lo did help quite a bit even when shooting was off.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CandyCanes wrote:

Of course they were.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

When our system was run to get good shots...we played well...once lebron became our og in the 2nd half.... everything grinded to a hault. He needs to be a system player now...and not the lebron system.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Problem is we don't have a consistent 1 A player we have two 1 B players..who can dominate, but inconsistently, the only way to overcome a team with two 2 A players, is if for our depth to beat their depth, but their role players also played much better than ours...our whole team basically losing their outside shot this series was also a killer.

Let’s keep in mind that the Nuggets have been playing together for a long time

The Lakers put this team together at the trade deadline team before it was unbalanced, and had no shot of even making the playoffs

The lack of playing time together, caught up with us
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did AD make it challenging in the 4th?
His job was to contain two guys: Jokic and Murray and protect the rim as much as he could.
I really hate it when people pointing fingers without context.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

DLo with a team high +6
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

KingKobe20 wrote:
MagicMamba88 wrote:

Austin will be better and stronger next season but any player even at superior health would be gassed with the type of minutes and two way production he distributed every game this season.

Lebron will be great again and all the haters will be extra pissed he’s still kicking ass in year 21 I’d bet my pinky finger on it.

AD at this weight and size is the reason he was able to stay healthy this entire postseason. I just hope he continues with his program and maintains this physique for next season.

What AD really needs is for Rob to sign and steal a few bigs to help him like Brook Lopez via free agency or a sign and trade for Clint Capela like others have mentioned in the free agency thread

They absolutely need to help AD this way, I predicted the team would likely get stopped due to no reliable big with AD or backing him up. Thing is, they seem really stuck on AD at center and LBJ at the 4.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
His job was to contain two guys: Jokic and Murray and protect the rim as much as he could.

and to score as many as he could.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
deal wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Its a fair observation; honestly, one could convince me this Denver team is likely the only team having Westbrook would have helped (and I cannot stand Westbrook). However, Grizz and/or Dubs woulda smoked the team with him instead of D'lo. Those 2 series D'lo did help quite a bit even when shooting was off.

Of course, I am not saying Russ would helped, but simply what we missing in order to get past Denver. Even someone like Bruce brown, Norman Powell, JC could’ve helped. Rim protection is not their strength, they give AR/DLo/DS/LBJ/AD any mid range jumper they want.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:

With the exception of that Jokic score at the end, I thought his 4th quarter stint was really good on both ends.

In the end, we just made some dumb mistakes. Denver more disciplined.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
DLo with a team high +6

Today will be the day that that stat doesn't matter. I'm told it won't matter again until he's at the other end of it.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
deal wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Of course, I am not saying Russ would helped, but simply what we missing in order to get past Denver. Even someone like Bruce brown, Norman Powell, JC could’ve helped. Rim protection is not their strength, they give AR/DLo/DS/LBJ/AD any mid range jumper they want.

Do we keep D'lo?

I think team has to, even if its to trade him later.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject:

^really depends on how much he wants vs how much Jeanie is willing to pay. If there is a good sign and trade out there, they might look at that too
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Not really. I never felt Nuggs were coasting but their two are much better than ours. We struggled to get everything, imho they never did. The end game was a microcosm of the series.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Well. At least it was a quick death LOL. But it’s so frustrating that lakers could have won all 4 games. At this point I kind of wish all 4 games were blowout nugget wins.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Mon May 22, 2023 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 69 of 71
Jump to: