2-Way: COLIN CASTLETON is a Laker
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 10269

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject: 2-Way: COLIN CASTLETON is a Laker

Center!
_________________


Last edited by Jordan-esque on Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 73164

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers are signing Florida C Colin Castleton to a two-way contract, sources tell @latimes.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 11310

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I like this kid's old man game.
The passing ability as a big will be welcome.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23723

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject:


Pretty solid all round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 8208

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Welcome addition. Like what I am reading about him.

Good size, athleticism and all around game.

Biggest issue I am seeing is he is a post scorer that doesn’t shoot 3s. Simple solution, don’t have him shoot 3s!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23723

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Welcome addition. Like what I am reading about him.

Good size, athleticism and all around game.

Biggest issue I am seeing is he is a post scorer that doesn’t shoot 3s. Simple solution, don’t have him shoot 3s!

His FT shooting has been between 70-80%, so the shot mechanism is there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 1965

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Poor man's Kessler or Zu, gonna have to earn Ham's trust if promoted from South Bay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 1028

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:26 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Poor man's Kessler or Zu, gonna have to earn Ham's trust if promoted from South Bay.


Pity Hamster is allergic to playing bigs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Posts: 343

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@Trevor_Lane

I mentioned this on the @LakersNation Pod (releasing soon), but sources tell me a number of teams called Colin Castleton in round 2 hoping he would accept a two-way contract with them. He declined, feeling that the Lakers were his best fit.



Cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 21122
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:07 am    Post subject:

Welcome and good luck Mr. Castleton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 11013

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:02 am    Post subject:

Looks like a Chris Mihm + Mason Plumlee hybrid

(joking)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 8208

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:38 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Poor man's Kessler or Zu, gonna have to earn Ham's trust if promoted from South Bay.


Pity Hamster is allergic to playing bigs.


That is certainly a strategy that has to change.

Davis is not and should not be the primary center. Would love to see Castleton make the team and contribute some mpg this season. Also need a vet in FA. Whether that remains Bamba or another.

Biggest issue that Ham has in converting to this roster change is what do you do with James. He will play big mins as usual and is not ideal in the paint as a 4 or agile enough to consistently play the 3. Not sure there is a “good” solution other than force Davis to play center.

What to do????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Oct 2022
Posts: 1641

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:22 am    Post subject:

Like this addition, he likes to block shots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 5777

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:12 am    Post subject:

The guy repping Reaves, had this to say about the guy we just got on a two-way!

https://twitter.com/AMRAgency/status/1672130063125315584
_________________
Not familiar with the salary cap/CBA rules & how it impacts our Lakers?
#GetFamiliar by CLICKING HERE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2001
Posts: 10015
Location: Los Angeles/ Alhambra, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:28 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Poor man's Kessler or Zu, gonna have to earn Ham's trust if promoted from South Bay.


Pity Hamster is allergic to playing bigs.


That is certainly a strategy that has to change.

Davis is not and should not be the primary center. Would love to see Castleton make the team and contribute some mpg this season. Also need a vet in FA. Whether that remains Bamba or another.

Biggest issue that Ham has in converting to this roster change is what do you do with James. He will play big mins as usual and is not ideal in the paint as a 4 or agile enough to consistently play the 3. Not sure there is a “good” solution other than force Davis to play center.

What to do????


I think the key is to find a quick 3 with size and/or toughness to play alongside him, a la an Aaron Gordon type. I would've loved Jaquez or Murray or Clowney in the draft for that role, but oh well. Ham's insistence on stockpiling guards when you need FORWARDS to compensate for Bron's inevitably declining quickness/ stamina and the need for AD to cover a lot of ground on D which leaves us vulnerable on the glass (just look at all the offensive boards we gave up in the playoffs).

Ironically, Kuzma would be a perfect fit for that, as Bron is basically a combo forward now, and we need a combo forward next to him. Rui is close to that, but we could use another one, for sure - especially someone with a bit more speed/ quickness. Vando has ideal quickness and length, but his O is still very much a work-in-progress.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 50008
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:14 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah?

Welcome Colin.
_________________
#Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 8060

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:39 am    Post subject:

Love the passing and rim protection. Slow release but hopefully he can stretch his jumper out to the arc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 15015
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:01 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
https://youtu.be/N0UjF_ioBS8
Pretty solid all round.



Coaching needs to work on his jump shot but he looks like a decent
passer which a nice have. I think the shot can be worked on.
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23723

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Love the passing and rim protection. Slow release but hopefully he can stretch his jumper out to the arc.

very good post moves too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Oct 2022
Posts: 1641

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:04 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/CuffsTheLegend/status/1672297276549545996?s=20

Cuffs mentioned a good comp for him.

Hartenstein. That would be amazing. Someone active next to AD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 119487

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject:

Holy cow I love this guy.

3 blocks a game. Good rim protector with a 7'4 wingspan.

His passing is amazing and he can even handle the rock.

Also, doesn't look too much of a mismatch on switches. great pickup and I think he can stick on the parent roster.
_________________
From 2-10 to the Western Conference Finals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23723

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
https://twitter.com/CuffsTheLegend/status/1672297276549545996?s=20

Cuffs mentioned a good comp for him.

Hartenstein. That would be amazing. Someone active next to AD.

not as athletic as Hartenstein but with a much more polished post game and passing. he is like the former Tar Heels great Tyler Hansbrough
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 8502

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

Not that good of a player.

Don't have high hopes on him because you will be very disappointed.

I think he'll do well in summer league though.


Last edited by Outspoken on Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Oct 2022
Posts: 1641

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
https://twitter.com/CuffsTheLegend/status/1672297276549545996?s=20

Cuffs mentioned a good comp for him.

Hartenstein. That would be amazing. Someone active next to AD.

not as athletic as Hartenstein but with a much more polished post game and passing. he is like the former Tar Heels great Tyler Hansbrough


Tyler was stiff and garbage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 119487

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Not that good of a player.

Don't have high hopes on him because you will be very disappointed.

I think he'll do well in summer league though.


Good lord. This is a 2 way undrafted player. I think for that range it's a great pickup. Sam Vecenie had him 45th on his big board.
_________________
From 2-10 to the Western Conference Finals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB