WHICH SPORTS TALK SHOWS DO YOU WATCH
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sports Talk Shows
FirstTake
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Peyton's Places
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Around the Horn
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Get Up
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
SportsCenter
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
The Herd
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OTHER (Specify)
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:39 am    Post subject:

As expected Shannon dressed to impress. Not expected he caused SAS to be low key. He was more in agreement than I've seen him in some time. Sharpe boo-booed and said, "Hey Skip." He has Bayless in his head. So far the show has been more informative than usual.

Undisputed commercial time is more than showtime.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Palin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 1885

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject:

Undisputed is a mess. I like Keyshawn but its not working. Only good thing about it is Rachel Nichols is back on tv.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Undisputed is a mess. I like Keyshawn but its not working. Only good thing about it is Rachel Nichols is back on tv.


ESPN replaced Rachel with Maria Taylor. She said that Taylor, who is Black, had been chosen to host 2020 N.B.A. finals coverage instead of her because ESPN executives were “feeling pressure” on diversity. I think that's why they let her go. Undisputed is terrible without Shannon.

Maria Taylor is pregnant. She's in the NFL opener crew.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29966
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I like First Things First on FS1. Well I watch the youtube clips of the show.

Years back I hated Nick Wright. Nowadays I find him funny and entertaining.
Kevin Wildes is solid as well.
Broussard is alright.
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:32 am    Post subject:

Pat McAfee is on ESPN in the 9:00am PST slot after FirstTake. Anyone watching? I'm not impressed.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 18032

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:36 am    Post subject:

funny to hear that Sharpe was pushed out of FOX vs him leaving on his own. SAS has always had an ego but its ridiculous now. Crazy to think this guy who sympathized with a wife-beater live on air has flourished for a family brand.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:16 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
funny to hear that Sharpe was pushed out of FOX vs him leaving on his own. SAS has always had an ego but its ridiculous now. Crazy to think this guy who sympathized with a wife-beater live on air has flourished for a family brand.


Not attempting to defend, attempting to understand. I don't see any sympathizing. I hear, though it's not acceptable to hit a woman a man may be provoked. That provocation is not an excuse to lay hands on a female. A real man would walk away. Unless attacked there is no excuse to hit a woman. Even then I think restraining is the way to go. JMHO.

SAS statement


“There’s never an excuse to put your hands on a woman,”
the often polarizing analyst said at one point in his nearly 2 1/2-minute monologue (watch it below). But later he added: “We also have to make sure that we learn as much as we can about elements of provocation. Not that there’s real provocation, but the elements of provocation, you got to make sure that you address them, because we’ve got to do is do what we can to try to prevent the situation from happening in any way. And I don’t think that’s broached enough, is all I’m saying. No point of blame.


_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 18032

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
funny to hear that Sharpe was pushed out of FOX vs him leaving on his own. SAS has always had an ego but its ridiculous now. Crazy to think this guy who sympathized with a wife-beater live on air has flourished for a family brand.


Not attempting to defend, attempting to understand. I don't see any sympathizing. I hear, though it's not acceptable to hit a woman a man may be provoked. That provocation is not an excuse to lay hands on a female. A real man would walk away. Unless attacked there is no excuse to hit a woman. Even then I think restraining is the way to go. JMHO.

SAS statement


“There’s never an excuse to put your hands on a woman,”
the often polarizing analyst said at one point in his nearly 2 1/2-minute monologue (watch it below). But later he added: “We also have to make sure that we learn as much as we can about elements of provocation. Not that there’s real provocation, but the elements of provocation, you got to make sure that you address them, because we’ve got to do is do what we can to try to prevent the situation from happening in any way. And I don’t think that’s broached enough, is all I’m saying. No point of blame.


watching it live at the time was gross. Michele beadle was the only one who actually said something which is what got him a slap on the wrist and ultimately the demise of her time at the B. She will tell you bron got her fired but this was the start.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:27 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
funny to hear that Sharpe was pushed out of FOX vs him leaving on his own. SAS has always had an ego but its ridiculous now. Crazy to think this guy who sympathized with a wife-beater live on air has flourished for a family brand.


Not attempting to defend, attempting to understand. I don't see any sympathizing. I hear, though it's not acceptable to hit a woman a man may be provoked. That provocation is not an excuse to lay hands on a female. A real man would walk away. Unless attacked there is no excuse to hit a woman. Even then I think restraining is the way to go. JMHO.

SAS statement


“There’s never an excuse to put your hands on a woman,”
the often polarizing analyst said at one point in his nearly 2 1/2-minute monologue (watch it below). But later he added: “We also have to make sure that we learn as much as we can about elements of provocation. Not that there’s real provocation, but the elements of provocation, you got to make sure that you address them, because we’ve got to do is do what we can to try to prevent the situation from happening in any way. And I don’t think that’s broached enough, is all I’m saying. No point of blame.


watching it live at the time was gross. Michele beadle was the only one who actually said something which is what got him a slap on the wrist and ultimately the demise of her time at the B. She will tell you bron got her fired but this was the start.


Your honest opinion. Do you think he sympathized with Rice? I don't. I also think his apology was forced by public opinion.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 18032

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
funny to hear that Sharpe was pushed out of FOX vs him leaving on his own. SAS has always had an ego but its ridiculous now. Crazy to think this guy who sympathized with a wife-beater live on air has flourished for a family brand.


Not attempting to defend, attempting to understand. I don't see any sympathizing. I hear, though it's not acceptable to hit a woman a man may be provoked. That provocation is not an excuse to lay hands on a female. A real man would walk away. Unless attacked there is no excuse to hit a woman. Even then I think restraining is the way to go. JMHO.

SAS statement


“There’s never an excuse to put your hands on a woman,”
the often polarizing analyst said at one point in his nearly 2 1/2-minute monologue (watch it below). But later he added: “We also have to make sure that we learn as much as we can about elements of provocation. Not that there’s real provocation, but the elements of provocation, you got to make sure that you address them, because we’ve got to do is do what we can to try to prevent the situation from happening in any way. And I don’t think that’s broached enough, is all I’m saying. No point of blame.


watching it live at the time was gross. Michele beadle was the only one who actually said something which is what got him a slap on the wrist and ultimately the demise of her time at the B. She will tell you bron got her fired but this was the start.


Your honest opinion. Do you think he sympathized with Rice? I don't. I also think his apology was forced by public opinion.

I think if you can rationalize any man let alone a specimen like Rice hitting a woman I 100% believe he knew what he was saying.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 22145

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject:

SAS has a long track record of telling victims they should not have provoked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:33 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
funny to hear that Sharpe was pushed out of FOX vs him leaving on his own. SAS has always had an ego but its ridiculous now. Crazy to think this guy who sympathized with a wife-beater live on air has flourished for a family brand.


Not attempting to defend, attempting to understand. I don't see any sympathizing. I hear, though it's not acceptable to hit a woman a man may be provoked. That provocation is not an excuse to lay hands on a female. A real man would walk away. Unless attacked there is no excuse to hit a woman. Even then I think restraining is the way to go. JMHO.

SAS statement


“There’s never an excuse to put your hands on a woman,”
the often polarizing analyst said at one point in his nearly 2 1/2-minute monologue (watch it below). But later he added: “We also have to make sure that we learn as much as we can about elements of provocation. Not that there’s real provocation, but the elements of provocation, you got to make sure that you address them, because we’ve got to do is do what we can to try to prevent the situation from happening in any way. And I don’t think that’s broached enough, is all I’m saying. No point of blame.


watching it live at the time was gross. Michele beadle was the only one who actually said something which is what got him a slap on the wrist and ultimately the demise of her time at the B. She will tell you bron got her fired but this was the start.


Your honest opinion. Do you think he sympathized with Rice? I don't. I also think his apology was forced by public opinion.

I think if you can rationalize any man let alone a specimen like Rice hitting a woman I 100% believe he knew what he was saying.


OK. I also think he knew what he was saying. Are you saying he was sympathizing with Rice?

I think just discussing one side of an argument isn't fair. SAS spoke on both sides. I'm for including the good the bad and the ugly. SAS saying“There’s never an excuse to put your hands on a woman” seems to be being glossed over.

Let me be clear. I'm not defending Rice or SAS, I'm offering my opinion and interpretation of SAS's statement.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 18032

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
funny to hear that Sharpe was pushed out of FOX vs him leaving on his own. SAS has always had an ego but its ridiculous now. Crazy to think this guy who sympathized with a wife-beater live on air has flourished for a family brand.


Not attempting to defend, attempting to understand. I don't see any sympathizing. I hear, though it's not acceptable to hit a woman a man may be provoked. That provocation is not an excuse to lay hands on a female. A real man would walk away. Unless attacked there is no excuse to hit a woman. Even then I think restraining is the way to go. JMHO.

SAS statement


“There’s never an excuse to put your hands on a woman,”
the often polarizing analyst said at one point in his nearly 2 1/2-minute monologue (watch it below). But later he added: “We also have to make sure that we learn as much as we can about elements of provocation. Not that there’s real provocation, but the elements of provocation, you got to make sure that you address them, because we’ve got to do is do what we can to try to prevent the situation from happening in any way. And I don’t think that’s broached enough, is all I’m saying. No point of blame.


watching it live at the time was gross. Michele beadle was the only one who actually said something which is what got him a slap on the wrist and ultimately the demise of her time at the B. She will tell you bron got her fired but this was the start.


Your honest opinion. Do you think he sympathized with Rice? I don't. I also think his apology was forced by public opinion.

I think if you can rationalize any man let alone a specimen like Rice hitting a woman I 100% believe he knew what he was saying.


OK. I also think he knew what he was saying. Are you saying he was sympathizing with Rice?

I think just discussing one side of an argument isn't fair. I'm for including the good the bad and the ugly. SAS saying“There’s never an excuse to put your hands on a woman” seems to be being glossed over.

Let me be clear. I'm not defending Rice or SAS, I'm offering my opinion and interpretation of SAS's statement.


I’m all for the other side. “There’s never an excuse” line is always a way out for everyone though. I get your perspective. Pointing out the other side gets me into trouble most times so I appreciate your view. Take this approach in another thread and all hell breaks loose.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29966
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject:

This is why first take is my favorite NFL sports talk show.
First segment is Nick kissing the Chiefs butt. But watch the whole video. The other segments are legit good fun.


_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
This is why first take is my favorite NFL sports talk show.
First segment is Nick kissing the Chiefs butt. But watch the whole video. The other segments are legit good fun.



Do you mean First Things First?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29966
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:09 pm    Post subject:

DMR check this out.

Stephen A Smith called out Jason Whitlock for being an Uncle Tom.

Stephen A: "He's the one who puts himself in front of white folks. Not all white folks. Not most white folks. But the white folks, that dare we say may have a problem with black folks. He says. I'm your man."



I'm pretty neutral on Stephen A. But I give him credit for this.
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25811

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:01 am    Post subject:

Club Shay Shay
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Club Shay Shay


Shannon has some interesting guests. Cedric The Entertainer, Katt Williams to mention a few. I wonder if that's real Cognac they're drinking?

SAS and Shannon have a cordial relationship. He has genuine respect for Sharpe. The show is no longer a shouting match. Shannon is well informed on multiple subjects. Wednesday is shouting day when Mad Dog is on the show.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Palin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 1885

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Club Shay Shay


Nightcap. I love both Arenas and Ocho along with UNC ofc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB