Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 159, 160, 161  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Very nice game by Buehler.

As an aside Michael Grove looks to be hitting his stride in relief. Only pitching him one inning at a time seems to be the ticket. Hopefully he can be one of those rubber arm guys that can come in a lot of games.

Yeah came here to praise Grove too.

I’ve been hard on him but he’s been useful in relief.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Shohei Ohtani Dodgers Bobbleheads Selling for Up to $1,500 After Stadium Giveaway

According to TMZ Sports, the first 40,000 fans in attendance at Dodger Stadium on Thursday received Ohtani's first bobblehead in a Dodgers uniform, but 1,700 lucky fans received a rare "chase" version of the bobblehead.

While most of the bobbleheads featured Ohtani in a home uniform, only 1,700 of them were in the road grays, making them significantly more valuable.

Per TMZ, the road Ohtani bobbleheads are going for big money on eBay with some selling for as much as $1,500. Even the more common home versions are selling for hundreds of dollars as well.

I’m guessing that Japanese fans (based in Japan or out of state) are the ones buying these items.

I think it's collectors. The standard bobbleheads are closing around the "cheap" price of $300 or so. There was a grey uniform bobblehead that was limited. Those are the ones that are selling over a grand. In 10 years, it'll be a bargain. Vin Scully's 2002 bobblehead is worth $20 grand.

https://dodgersnation.com/top-10-most-expensive-dodgers-bobbleheads-right-now/2024/01/27/

What’s the rate for non Ohtani bobbleheads?

I’m thinking only Ohtani bobbleheads are getting this type of pricing.

Pure speculation though as I’m really out of the collectors market loop.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

^ Not sure to be honest. Growing up I was comic book guy. Having said that, there's a collectible shop next to my barber and I poke around every time I'm there. Apparently there was a HUGE spike in the prices of collectibles across the board (comics, sports cards, Pokemon etc). I'm sure for bobbleheads, it'd have to be some one off of someone transcendent like the Vin Scully one (and Shohei's first limited bobblehead as a Dodger). Totally speculating as I never even knew bobbleheads were traded like that.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject:

Teoscar Hernandez is tied in the NL for second in RBI'S with 37.

Last edited by 32 on Sun May 19, 2024 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 10:28 am    Post subject:

Great to see Buehler with a solid performance, I am rooting hard for him to get back to what he was which was an absolute ace.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Local boy Hunter Greene is throwing smoke for the Reds. He has hit 100 several times.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Here we go. Bottom guys don’t get on and Mookie comes up with nobody on, 2 outs and gets a hit. I wonder how many RBI’s Betts and Ohtani would get if they hit 3rd and 4th. Or even if the 7, 8 and 9 guys got on base more. Unfortunately the team doesn’t really have other good options to hit first and second.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 12:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Teoscar Hernandez is tied in the NL for second in RBI'S with 37.

Ohtani is first in home runs in the NL and Hernandez is 3rd.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately this lineup looks pretty weak after the top 4 spots again because Barnes is in there for Smith. Lux is hitting 6th.

Heyward being in for Outman helps significantly though. And Kike at least has a chance to contribute unlike Taylor.

Edit: Pages just homered and obviously he can contribute. I just don’t like him hitting 5th (except for today when he homers).
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I don’t hate the move but that’s pretty quick to pull Knack out of the game there. 64 pitches thrown. He was getting hit this inning though.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I don’t hate the move but that’s pretty quick to pull Knack out of the game there. 64 pitches thrown. He was getting hit this inning though.

His effectiveness was waning so the move by Roberts was sound.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 1:33 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

His effectiveness was waning so the move by Roberts was sound.

Yeah makes sense. Pretty low scoring game so far so it was important to get out of the inning without giving up another run.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Wow.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Shohei. Money.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Clutch
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 8:33 am    Post subject:

Shoei keeps on putting on a show for the fans. He is truly amazing. I can't wait til he starts pitching. I bet the tickets for his first pitching game is going to skyrocket.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Dodgers acquired right-handed reliever Yohan Ramírez in a trade with the New York Mets, the team announced on Monday.

The Mets received cash considerations in return.

Ramírez will suit up for his third team in 2024 after appearing in 10 combined games for New York as well as the Baltimore Orioles. The 29-year-old has struggled in that relatively small sample size, allowing 11 earned runs in 14.1 innings of work.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Shoei keeps on putting on a show for the fans. He is truly amazing. I can't wait til he starts pitching. I bet the tickets for his first pitching game is going to skyrocket.

Let’s hope he can produce in the playoffs, especially that first 5 game Divisional series where we haven’t gotten over the hump in 2 years.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 5:48 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Let’s hope he can produce in the playoffs, especially that first 5 game Divisional series where we haven’t gotten over the hump in 2 years.

Hopefully he gets more than 3 games to show what he can do. Still hate that it’s only a best of 5.

Mike Trout has only played in one playoff series and because his team got swept he only played in 3 postseason games.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Hopefully he gets more than 3 games to show what he can do. Still hate that it’s only a best of 5.

Mike Trout has only played in one playoff series and because his team got swept he only played in 3 postseason games.

Crazy to me that the league doesn't push for 7 games. That's money on the table that they're leaving. Especially considering how greedy these billionaire owners are.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Freddie with a GS. It was nice to hear the fans cheer his name for a curtain call.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 8:27 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Crazy to me that the league doesn't push for 7 games. That's money on the table that they're leaving. Especially considering how greedy these billionaire owners are.

I found these explanations on reddit and quora:

Quote:
The World Series has to start on a Tuesday because of TV contract shenanigans. Because of this, adding 2 games to the Division Series leads to problems elsewhere in the league calendar.

Quote:
Due to Fox's other commitments, we're stuck on either a Tuesday or Friday start or adding random off days in the middle of the WS.

Quote:
I am guessing that this was done to add an extra round of postseason without extending the season too long. MLB and its players do not want to be playing in November.

At the same time, they don’t want to start the regular season earlier due to cold rainy weather in most of the US in late March/Early April. The owners sure don’t want to have a shorter regular season and lose the revenue from those games.

Therefore, having a best of five series gave MLB more playoff games without extending the season too far into November.

Quote:
I feel like it’s mostly a concession to the calendar. The post-season starts at the beginning of October, and runs until late October or sometimes even the beginning of November. If you made the first-round series a best of seven, that adds almost another whole week to the calendar (2 more games plus rest/travel days between) when it’s already starting to reach the outskirts of “too cold to play” in northern cities.

Quote:
They need to finish the season before it starts snowing in november in the northern cities
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Hudson is now sporting a 22/1 K/BB ratio. Not too shabby.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Someone explain this to me. I really can't figure it out:

Player A (DH):

Quote:
47 games

.353 avg
.423 obp
.658 slg
1.080 ops

13 HR
33 RBI

3.0 bWAR

Player B (DH):

Quote:
44 games

.327 avg
.405 obp
.642 slg
1.047 ops

14 HR
43 RBI

1.6 bWAR

What makes Player A twice as valuable as Player B in bWAR?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Hudson is now sporting a 22/1 K/BB ratio. Not too shabby.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Page 129 of 161
Jump to: