Fitness Guru Richard Simmons Dead at 76

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 32945
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:42 pm    Post subject: Fitness Guru Richard Simmons Dead at 76

https://www.tmz.com/2024/07/13/richard-simmons-dead-dies-fintess-guru/?adid=social-tw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17987

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:18 pm    Post subject:

this deserves a wow. Pauly Shore better do him right. The old Howard Stern episodes with him are legendary. he only ever tried to help people. Love that guy. I almost feel like this is a prank but only because how ridiculous he could be. RIP!
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 24763
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject:

He was just posting on Twitter yesterday thanking people for all the birthday wishes. Must have happened fast.

Way back when I was putting myself through UCLA I had a part-time job at an answering service in Beverly Hills and it was right next door to his gym. I'm not sure he was even very famous yet. But the owner of the answering service was a little homophobic. So Richard would come out on the sidewalk in front of our windows and prance and serenade us and just generally be a total goof ball. RIP flamboyant, funny man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 53079
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:58 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
He was just posting on Twitter yesterday thanking people for all the birthday wishes. Must have happened fast.

Way back when I was putting myself through UCLA I had a part-time job at an answering service in Beverly Hills and it was right next door to his gym. I'm not sure he was even very famous yet. But the owner of the answering service was a little homophobic. So Richard would come out on the sidewalk in front of our windows and prance and serenade us and just generally be a total goof ball. RIP flamboyant, funny man.


This is a bummer:

2:46 PM PT -- We're told Simmons fell in the bathroom in his home. LAPD's elite Robbery Homicide Division responded to his house because this is a high-profile death though they still do not suspect foul play.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 24763
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
He was just posting on Twitter yesterday thanking people for all the birthday wishes. Must have happened fast.

Way back when I was putting myself through UCLA I had a part-time job at an answering service in Beverly Hills and it was right next door to his gym. I'm not sure he was even very famous yet. But the owner of the answering service was a little homophobic. So Richard would come out on the sidewalk in front of our windows and prance and serenade us and just generally be a total goof ball. RIP flamboyant, funny man.


This is a bummer:

2:46 PM PT -- We're told Simmons fell in the bathroom in his home. LAPD's elite Robbery Homicide Division responded to his house because this is a high-profile death though they still do not suspect foul play.


Reminds me of when Chick fell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 24887

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:15 pm    Post subject:

He used to be on General Hospital back in the day. Which is how I knew him tbh. Then of course he blew up in to the fitness guru you see now.

A lot of untimely deaths have happened to actors connected to this show the past two years. I've lost count.

RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 53079
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:28 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
He was just posting on Twitter yesterday thanking people for all the birthday wishes. Must have happened fast.

Way back when I was putting myself through UCLA I had a part-time job at an answering service in Beverly Hills and it was right next door to his gym. I'm not sure he was even very famous yet. But the owner of the answering service was a little homophobic. So Richard would come out on the sidewalk in front of our windows and prance and serenade us and just generally be a total goof ball. RIP flamboyant, funny man.


This is a bummer:

2:46 PM PT -- We're told Simmons fell in the bathroom in his home. LAPD's elite Robbery Homicide Division responded to his house because this is a high-profile death though they still do not suspect foul play.


Reminds me of when Chick fell.


Exactly my first thought.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 53079
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject:

This makes it even sadder:

RICHARD SIMMONS
REFUSED MEDICAL ATTENTION AFTER BATHROOM FALL


Richard Simmons' housekeeper tried to get him to a doctor after he fell in his bathroom, but Richard pushed it off, because he just wanted to stay home for his birthday ... TMZ has learned.

As we reported, Richard fell Friday evening at home, in a bathroom ... and according to law enforcement sources, when his housekeeper came to help him up, she implored Richard to seek medical attention that night.

We're told Richard had described feeling dizzy before the fall, but he rejected the housekeeper's suggestion about seeing a doctor ... telling her maybe he'd go Saturday, but particularly didn't want to go that night as it had been his 76th birthday. So, she helped him back to bed, and that was that.

Saturday morning, around 10 AM, the housekeeper found Richard unresponsive on the floor next to his bed.

_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 24763
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject:

Yeah, even sadder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 8015
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Quirky, but he owned it. Mad respect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB