** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm5: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/29/24) **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2286

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:49 pm    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
We should have had a time out at the end the refs screwed this one up


Lakers shouldn’t have even won that challenge. AD was wrapping Jokic up on the drive. There was def a foul on the drive but since they didn’t call it they let the Lakers have the ball on the block which was probably correct


They didnt call the foul on the initial contact, and the last contact was made with Jokic barreling into AD and still no whistle. The foul was on the all-ball AD had when Jokic lost control of it...

My guess is Ham did the challenge not knowing he would lose his timeout if unsuccessful because most of the series he has been keeping them in his pocket all series


It all makes sense now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 12495
Location: Deep Space 9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
TDRock wrote:
He literally just said that's a hell of a team…



Who


I'm guessing Ham. Sounds like the type of thing he would say.


Mike Malone said “Darvin Ham is a hell of a coach.” Almost have to wonder if he’s mocking him.


He's gaslighting Jeanie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 3611

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I ain't mad at the challenge. Your screwed either way, needed a stop at that point in the game as it was in the balance. We get some boards on their misses and make our FT's, it's a non issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2008
Posts: 1422

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
I never wanna see Dinwiddie's raptor looking a#s again


Amen brother I’m not sure why ham was in love with his play….
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 36434
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
I never wanna see Dinwiddie's raptor looking a#s again


Amen brother I’m not sure why ham was in love with his play….


He is the Head of the Snake.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 18742
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
MPJ. 5/7 for 3

Thank you Rui


I don’t blame RUI hell I don’t even blame Darvin.
I blame our roster construction. We too damn small

Watch Jaden Mcdaniels shut MpJ down next round. Why it’s easier for Jaden?? He got Gobert and KAT backing him up for rebounds and rim protection.

We need to sign another big! I’d love to see AD go back to help side defense at power forward and Lebron running point forward

Rui is not that small man, he just lacks defensive awareness


Rui helping AD wrestle with Nikola, Gordon, and MPJ.
Not Lebron’s fault he’s too gassed to do some dirty work , Rui’s normally the one cleaning up that mess.

recap of Rui’s assignments this series:

-Guarding Nikola Jokic 50% of the game to give AD a break.
- chasing Mountain Time Kuzma aka MPJ around the three point line.
-Help AD on the boards because Lebron,DLO, and AR too small and gassed orchestrating the offense.


We too damn small for Denver plain and simple
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23894

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
MPJ. 5/7 for 3

Thank you Rui


I don’t blame RUI hell I don’t even blame Darvin.
I blame our roster construction. We too damn small



Roster construction includes Vando and Wood.

both were injured and would have been size and/or defense and rebounding needed.

It's less roster construction and more who was left.

People can also stop talking about vando able to play. If he had any real shot of playing, ham would’ve subbed him in last possession to guard murray


Um, no....he was deemed available for the first time tonight....so why say he is available and not play him???

Because it could be a gamesmanship?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Nov 2020
Posts: 449

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I ain't mad at the challenge. Your screwed either way, needed a stop at that point in the game as it was in the balance. We get some boards on their misses and make our FT's, it's a non issue.


I disagree, you almost always end up needing a timeout in the closing minutes of the game, especially on the road..

And yes, he (and AD) would have gladly taken it back for a chance at a lost shot with 3.6 seconds left down two...

It was dumb to challenge there. Would not surprise me in the least that Ham thought he would get to keep his challenge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23894

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:54 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
MPJ. 5/7 for 3

Thank you Rui


I don’t blame RUI hell I don’t even blame Darvin.
I blame our roster construction. We too damn small

Watch Jaden Mcdaniels shut MpJ down next round. Why it’s easier for Jaden?? He got Gobert and KAT backing him up for rebounds and rim protection.

We need to sign another big! I’d love to see AD go back to help side defense at power forward and Lebron running point forward

Rui is not that small man, he just lacks defensive awareness


Rui helping AD wrestle with Nikola, Gordon, and MPJ.
Not Lebron’s fault he’s too gassed to do some dirty work , Rui’s normally the one cleaning up that mess.

recap of Rui’s assignments this series:

-Guarding Nikola Jokic 50% of the game to give AD a break.
- chasing Mountain Time Kuzma aka MPJ around the three point line.
-Help AD on the boards because Lebron,DLO, and AR too small and gassed orchestrating the offense.


We too damn small for Denver plain and simple

He is not small for MPJ, if his assignment was to stay with shooters then he needs to work on that. He lost Murray on that Gordon rebound too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 50209
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
MPJ. 5/7 for 3

Thank you Rui


I don’t blame RUI hell I don’t even blame Darvin.
I blame our roster construction. We too damn small



Roster construction includes Vando and Wood.

both were injured and would have been size and/or defense and rebounding needed.

It's less roster construction and more who was left.

People can also stop talking about vando able to play. If he had any real shot of playing, ham would’ve subbed him in last possession to guard murray


Um, no....he was deemed available for the first time tonight....so why say he is available and not play him???

Because it could be a gamesmanship?


I told folks Vando might not play. He didn't play Christian his first game back or tonight but I'm just saying he didn't play Christian even though they called him available. I literally don't even know why he bothered with Vando.
_________________
#Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2008
Posts: 1422

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I ain't mad at the challenge. Your screwed either way, needed a stop at that point in the game as it was in the balance. We get some boards on their misses and make our FT's, it's a non issue.


I disagree, you almost always end up needing a timeout in the closing minutes of the game, especially on the road..

And yes, he (and AD) would have gladly taken it back for a chance at a lost shot with 3.6 seconds left down two...

It was dumb to challenge there. Would not surprise me in the least that Ham thought he would get to keep his challenge


That why you are on your couch and not a coach. Of course you take the position and challenge with three minutes left are you kidding..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 13166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject:

The last play was Denver's go-to, clearing a side for Jokic and Murray with Gordon in the dunker's spot, one shooter opposite corner and one above the break. Davis was shading Jokic and giving up the midrange and a partial lane. The rotation is supposed to be one guy zones the two shooters and you bring an extra defender to the action and recover if they make the pass. Instead we routinely stayed home, repeatedly.

It was pretty obvious that was the play they were going to run.
_________________
Los Angeles Lakers Leadership: Jeanie Buss, Robert Pelinka, Kurt Rambis, LeBron James, Rich Paul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 16497

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
And yes, he (and AD) would have gladly taken it back for a chance at a lost shot with 3.6 seconds left down two...

It was dumb to challenge there. Would not surprise me in the least that Ham thought he would get to keep his challenge


If they don't challenge, Jokic shoots 2 FTs there and probably makes both, so they'd be down by 4 with 3.6 sec left?

Do they still gladly take the challenge back to be down 4 with 3.6 sec left?


Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 18742
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
MPJ. 5/7 for 3

Thank you Rui


I don’t blame RUI hell I don’t even blame Darvin.
I blame our roster construction. We too damn small

Watch Jaden Mcdaniels shut MpJ down next round. Why it’s easier for Jaden?? He got Gobert and KAT backing him up for rebounds and rim protection.

We need to sign another big! I’d love to see AD go back to help side defense at power forward and Lebron running point forward

Rui is not that small man, he just lacks defensive awareness


Rui helping AD wrestle with Nikola, Gordon, and MPJ.
Not Lebron’s fault he’s too gassed to do some dirty work , Rui’s normally the one cleaning up that mess.

recap of Rui’s assignments this series:

-Guarding Nikola Jokic 50% of the game to give AD a break.
- chasing Mountain Time Kuzma aka MPJ around the three point line.
-Help AD on the boards because Lebron,DLO, and AR too small and gassed orchestrating the offense.


We too damn small for Denver plain and simple

He is not small for MPJ, if his assignment was to stay with shooters then he needs to work on that. He lost Murray on that Gordon rebound too.



So RUI has to play big guarding the Joker and still spry and fast enough chasing mpj and Murray around the three? I guess he’s supposed to be Superman during these playoffs then LOL

I really can’t blame him if he’s gassed.
I think even Miami Lebron would be tired asf with that type of defensive responsibility


Last edited by KingKobe20 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Feb 2022
Posts: 1367

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
MJST wrote:
Robblake wrote:
Rui cost us the game.


Getting lost all night on defense vs Porter didn't help at all.

He's been terrible on both ends the whole series tbh.


I can handle porter getting his, he’s an elite support player. He was recruited highly.

What I don’t forgive is blatant miss layups and dunks and missing open shots. He’s dead to me as a laker.


Porter reminds me of a supercharged version of Danny Green. He gets so high on his jumpshot that it’s impossible to block. He doesn’t do much else on the court but he is an absolute elite shot maker at his size. He has some prime Klay Thompson qualities though Klay was far more versatile off the bounce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 3611

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I almost would have swarmed Murray and made him give the damn ball up.

Tired of him hitting all these shots against us late, guy is limping around grabbing his calf then suddenly in the last 30 secs he is dunking on Lebron. I'm not giving him the chance, if I'm Ham double his ass - KCP beats you on a jumper or Gordon, whatever so be it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 2232

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 pm    Post subject:

LeBron froze on a rebound....and Gordon got it to Murray for 3...that was the game. LeBron played hard...all the Lakers left it out on the court...so I'm mad we lost....but I think we did the best we could with what we had! Excited for next season!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23894

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
MPJ. 5/7 for 3

Thank you Rui


I don’t blame RUI hell I don’t even blame Darvin.
I blame our roster construction. We too damn small

Watch Jaden Mcdaniels shut MpJ down next round. Why it’s easier for Jaden?? He got Gobert and KAT backing him up for rebounds and rim protection.

We need to sign another big! I’d love to see AD go back to help side defense at power forward and Lebron running point forward

Rui is not that small man, he just lacks defensive awareness


Rui helping AD wrestle with Nikola, Gordon, and MPJ.
Not Lebron’s fault he’s too gassed to do some dirty work , Rui’s normally the one cleaning up that mess.

recap of Rui’s assignments this series:

-Guarding Nikola Jokic 50% of the game to give AD a break.
- chasing Mountain Time Kuzma aka MPJ around the three point line.
-Help AD on the boards because Lebron,DLO, and AR too small and gassed orchestrating the offense.


We too damn small for Denver plain and simple

He is not small for MPJ, if his assignment was to stay with shooters then he needs to work on that. He lost Murray on that Gordon rebound too.



So RUI has to play big guarding the Joker and still spry and fast enough chasing mpj and Murray around the three? I guess he’s supposed to be Superman during these playoffs then LOL

I really can’t blame him if he’s gassed.
I think even Miami Lebron would be tired asf with that type of defensive responsibility

When he was guarding Jokic, then whoever was on MPJ needed to stay with them, and when he was guarding MPJ, he needed to stay with him.

Rui has issues staying with shooters, it even showed in the warriors series last year. It is defensive awareness.
By the way, going big against Denver doesn’t work, Gordon guards AD much better than Jokic and we are going to voluntarily give Jokic rest on defense. Back up big? Yes, starting next to AD? Won’t work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 149

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
Halflife wrote:
This is an embarrassing season.


Most Laker fans aren't ready for that realization.


Embarrassing was 2013-2019 and 2022. We had a very hard fought series against a team that imo will go B2B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 149

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
MPJ. 5/7 for 3

Thank you Rui


I don’t blame RUI hell I don’t even blame Darvin.
I blame our roster construction. We too damn small

Watch Jaden Mcdaniels shut MpJ down next round. Why it’s easier for Jaden?? He got Gobert and KAT backing him up for rebounds and rim protection.

We need to sign another big! I’d love to see AD go back to help side defense at power forward and Lebron running point forward

Rui is not that small man, he just lacks defensive awareness


Rui helping AD wrestle with Nikola, Gordon, and MPJ.
Not Lebron’s fault he’s too gassed to do some dirty work , Rui’s normally the one cleaning up that mess.

recap of Rui’s assignments this series:

-Guarding Nikola Jokic 50% of the game to give AD a break.
- chasing Mountain Time Kuzma aka MPJ around the three point line.
-Help AD on the boards because Lebron,DLO, and AR too small and gassed orchestrating the offense.


We too damn small for Denver plain and simple

He is not small for MPJ, if his assignment was to stay with shooters then he needs to work on that. He lost Murray on that Gordon rebound too.



So RUI has to play big guarding the Joker and still spry and fast enough chasing mpj and Murray around the three? I guess he’s supposed to be Superman during these playoffs then LOL

I really can’t blame him if he’s gassed.
I think even Miami Lebron would be tired asf with that type of defensive responsibility

When he was guarding Jokic, then whoever was on MPJ needed to stay with them, and when he was guarding MPJ, he needed to stay with him.

Rui has issues staying with shooters, it even showed in the warriors series last year. It is defensive awareness.
By the way, going big against Denver doesn’t work, Gordon guards AD much better than Jokic and we are going to voluntarily give Jokic rest on defense. Back up big? Yes, starting next to AD? Won’t work


My problem with Rui is not just the missed layups but he's atrocious at rebounding. If he rebounded with Vando's energy at least he'd provide us with something when his jumper isnt going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Posts: 4770
Location: Next door to 24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:05 pm    Post subject:

The NBA Board of Governors approved expanded use of the coach’s challenge this season. The new rule will award a team a second coach’s challenge if its first challenge is successful. A team will still retain the timeout used to initiate the first coach’s challenge if the challenge is successful.
However, the team will not retain the timeout used to initiate the second challenge whether it is successful or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23894

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:06 pm    Post subject:

^i can even live with that, but he has to stay with shooters better and it is much easier to learn that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17987

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 pm    Post subject:

KareemRushForThree wrote:
Sojo wrote:
Halflife wrote:
This is an embarrassing season.


Most Laker fans aren't ready for that realization.


Embarrassing was 2013-2019 and 2022. We had a very hard fought series against a team that imo will go B2B.

We won 1 game and were in the playin with our two stars healthy. 2019 was brons 1st year. 2013-1018 there was no delusion. Let’s be grateful for the bubble otherwise

Lottery
Bubble
1st round fodder
Lottery
Swept wcf
1st round fodder

Pelinka better sack up.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Nov 2020
Posts: 449

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Rui isn't too small, he is too slow.

We needed Vandy in the absolute worse way this series and I would argue we needed to play Prince (another unexplainable Ham decision) more in the series..

And obviously the smartest decision would have been to develop Christie more during the season instead of using Dinwiddie and later Vincent instead.

Size AND speed killed us on the perimeter.

Also, we shot like (bleep) from distance again today 29%- with Russell (2-10), Reaves, Vincent and Prince going a combined 3 for 19.

We got outscored 48-30 on 3's, big reason we lost

But much like game 3, AD was a non-factor in the second half.

In those 2 games- BOTH TWO POINT LOSSES MIND YOU- Anthony Davis scored .....


ONE SINGLE POINT in the FOURTH QUARTER


Note: And only 5 points combined in both second halves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 4073

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Lebron AD and Reaves…the rest can gtfo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 55 of 57
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB