** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm5: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/29/24) **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I saw Murray grabbing that calf, assumed it was cramping but if he strained it - that is a big deal. With them being up 2 games I think they sit him, you force it and he hurts that achilles....

You hate to see that but this is why defending title runs is so hard, the grind takes it wear and tear.

The 1 game turnaround also makes me think they play it safe, he will have a long time off before game 6.

Non-Murray Denver is formidable but beatable. GSW did it in 2022 and we can do it here, though it's still going to be very very difficult.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I saw Murray grabbing that calf, assumed it was cramping but if he strained it - that is a big deal. With them being up 2 games I think they sit him, you force it and he hurts that achilles....

You hate to see that but this is why defending title runs is so hard, the grind takes it wear and tear.

The 1 game turnaround also makes me think they play it safe, he will have a long time off before game 6.

Non-Murray Denver is formidable but beatable. GSW did it in 2022 and we can do it here, though it's still going to be very very difficult.

Want to also mention that Reggie Jackson isn't completely healthy either as we saw in this series when he stepped on AD's foot. With the momentum we have and with Murray not 100% for sure, we can definitely take this to at least Game 7. No Murray makes a world of difference as you can then especially key in on other guys....especially MPJ. I was all about no Vando and play Rui but with how passive Rui is, Im all for giving the energy man Vando some minutes especially on MPJ
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:03 am    Post subject:

If we can somehow win this game, Malone will be (bleep) bricks.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:09 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
If we can somehow win this game, Malone will be (bleep) bricks.

Gotta say, it would be the funniest thing ever to see Malone be the first and probably ever (at least in our and his lifetimes anyway) be the coach to blow a 3-0 lead in the NBA after that 11 game Lakers winning streak and the Lakers daddy talk. Winning the chip from this situation will forever the highlight of our Lakers lives. No Lakers achievement past or future will surpass it.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 am    Post subject:

Obviously the odds are super long at this point but I can't stop feeling it would be so appropriate for the Lakers to do something memorable in these '24 playoffs for Kobe.

Losing 8 straight games in Denver is not the Kobe tribute I am hoping for though..
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:48 am    Post subject:

Don’t let us get another one!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:42 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Injury updates:

- Jarred Vanderbilt has been upgraded to questionable for Monday's Game 5.
- Christian Wood is not on the injury report after being cleared to play in Game 4, though he was a DNP-CD.
- LeBron and AD are both probable.

https://x.com/lakersreporter/status/1784730533211017496?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Is he on the injury report? Haven’t heard anything about it. Maybe it was just a Charlie Horse.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Adonis000
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:54 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Is he on the injury report? Haven’t heard anything about it. Maybe it was just a Charlie Horse.

Definitely not a Charlie Horse. I could see it from my seat right when it happened on Saturday and he immediately grabbed his upper calf right below the back of his knee. Grimaced visibly most of the second half onward just running up and down the court. He could possibly make a miraculous recovery by tonight, but it didn't look good on Saturday at all.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

he is on official injury report
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:47 am    Post subject:

If we win this game, we win game 7 and make HISTORY. Calling it!! Go Lakeshow!!

Even though I predicted Denver in 5 so Denver would win this game but I could be very wrong.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject:

(Video)

The scene at Lakers shootaround ahead of Game 5

https://x.com/jovanbuha/status/1785006139542733084?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject:

Could you imagine if we got a game where the Refs blatantly favored the Lakers.. I would love it lol
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:16 am    Post subject:

Denver has been shxt from 3 besides Michael porter and I fully expect them to shoot lights out tonight
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

(Video)

Anthony Davis at shootaround discussing Game 5, film from Game 4, Jarred Vanderbilt’s potential return and more

https://x.com/jovanbuha/status/1785025247554437577?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:31 am    Post subject:

All the pain I have endured throughout the season will go away if we win tonight. Come on baybay!

MUST WIN
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakers in 7. Believe
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Murray out yet?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject:

I've been about as doom and gloom as it gets but after finally getting a Win against them just to kill that losing streak and let everyone on the Roster fully realize that we can beat them along with Murray hurting? If he has a legitimate calf strain, that would be kind of crazy to play him in at least Game 5 imo especially with the Achilles shadow fully lurking and ready to destroy there entire Playoff run at any moment he's on the court.

Without Murray or even a hobbled version of him with Vando back to throw on MPJ for stretches if he's playing really well are both huge for us. I'd really love Rui to finally come back alive and put the pressure on Denver that much more.. I could see Denver start completely unraveling mentally starting with there Coach if we force at least a Game 6.

How awesome would it be to have a Game 7 where DLo is the clear player of the game and just slaughters Denver all night long while they start losing there composure and we run away with the Win clearing our bench with a few minutes left in the 4th and DLo stares at Malone with a big smile and says "Daddy's Home". I want something like that to happen and it would be hands down one of my favorite moments as a Lakers fan period.

Unlikely? Extremelyyyy I can see at least a tiny glimmer of hope again though so i'll ride it as a fan and hope for the best.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject:

borrow something from Stu Lantz, the longer Lakers keep this game close (believe me, there won't be any big lead for Lakers tonight, as Denver will play this like game 7), the more nervous Nuggets will be. so just keep in striking distance heading into the 4th is all i'm asking. last thing i want to see is down by 20 by half time.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
(Video)

The scene at Lakers shootaround ahead of Game 5

https://x.com/jovanbuha/status/1785006139542733084?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

no one in slides. Great sign.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Murray out yet?

Nothing yet for either team as of 2:30p
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:37 pm    Post subject:

This is the game where you pay the price for not getting one of the two in Denver. Still holding out hope they can force a game 6, but Denver is going to throw everything they have at us tonight.

We will need special performances from AD, Bron and two other players to take this one.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:02 pm    Post subject:

MUST WIN!!

,,,,,,,, LET'S GO LAKESHOW!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
If we win this game, we win game 7 and make HISTORY. Calling it!! Go Lakeshow!!

Even though I predicted Denver in 5 so Denver would win this game but I could be very wrong.

Co-Sign!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 2 of 57
Jump to: