Legit Center
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
Still think a 3-way trade with Cavs and Mavs make sense IF Cavs want contracts and lots of picks.

CAVS Get:
DLO-If he comes back
Rui
Gabe
Tim Hardaway jr
All of Lakers 1st round picks
All of MAVS 1st round picks
MAVS 2nds if need be

MAVS Get:
Mitchell
Jarrett Allen

Lakers Get:
Kyrie
Dereck Lively

Cavs go contracts/Picks route. Mavs upgrade both spots and gain cap. Lakers would rather have Mitchell+Allen but can't send out that much and still keep AR. Getting Kyrie helps at PG and Lively gives you the big we need to pair with AD.....Plus we keep AR

Love it...I think Lakers get LUKA too while we at it for LBJ.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
Still think a 3-way trade with Cavs and Mavs make sense IF Cavs want contracts and lots of picks.

CAVS Get:
DLO-If he comes back
Rui
Gabe
Tim Hardaway jr
All of Lakers 1st round picks
All of MAVS 1st round picks
MAVS 2nds if need be

MAVS Get:
Mitchell
Jarrett Allen

Lakers Get:
Kyrie
Dereck Lively

Cavs go contracts/Picks route. Mavs upgrade both spots and gain cap. Lakers would rather have Mitchell+Allen but can't send out that much and still keep AR. Getting Kyrie helps at PG and Lively gives you the big we need to pair with AD.....Plus we keep AR

Mavs just went to the finals. There's no way they are giving up two of their key players that got them there.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject:

How many of you would take a flyer on Wiseman? He's going to be released by Detroit. We had luck with Monk turning around his career. I don't see any other minimum guys that are realistic and would make a difference. Unless we can get a big via a trade with DLO or Vincent....but Rob has already said trades are too difficult now.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:46 am    Post subject:

Btw, Castleton reach Jay Huff level yet?
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
How many of you would take a flyer on Wiseman? He's going to be released by Detroit. We had luck with Monk turning around his career. I don't see any other minimum guys that are realistic and would make a difference. Unless we can get a big via a trade with DLO or Vincent....but Rob has already said trades are too difficult now.

I would. When are they releasing him?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:12 am    Post subject:

I think the lakers should give castleton a shot. I love the way he plays defense and his passing can help. If he got stronger over the last year and has a decent jumper we gotta give him a shot.

FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:40 am    Post subject:

There’s only 2 guys that are possible to get that have played Jokic well:

Nikola Vuecevic
Jonas Valunucias
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Use the MLE on Jonas Valunucias
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Use the MLE on Jonas Valunucias

Sure if he accepts it.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

Wiseman sucks.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Jonas Valančiūnas is a real center who can hit threes, play the low post and score down low, plus play defense. He can be signed for under 20 million.

Anthony Day to Davis is due 43 Million this year, then 60M next year, then 65 million, etc.

I'd rather have Jonas and an extra 20-45 Million yearly in cap to spend on another quality players.

Davis is too expensive for a fragile star who has problems with Jokic.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:34 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I think the lakers should give castleton a shot. I love the way he plays defense and his passing can help. If he got stronger over the last year and has a decent jumper we gotta give him a shot.

Castleton is a good young player. I'm glad we signed him on a two way.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:09 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Jonas Valančiūnas is a real center who can hit threes, play the low post and score down low, plus play defense. He can be signed for under 20 million.

Anthony Day to Davis is due 43 Million this year, then 60M next year, then 65 million, etc.

I'd rather have Jonas and an extra 20-45 Million yearly in cap to spend on another quality players.

wtf lmao
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:39 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

A former No.2 pick already released by two teams? And only 23? I saw where one poster answered your question with a "Wiseman sucks" response.

I don't know what's so bad about the kid that two teams have already let him go. Maybe it's the Mo Bamba issue: no drive? Because there surely has to be talent to be drafted No. 2 and No.6 overall, respectively.

All that said, I'd sure like to see what he could do for us on a minimum or reasonable contract. We sure could use a 7fter with some kind of talent.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing Hartenstein will be out of our price range. And will either return to the Knicks or go to OKC.

What about a Mo Wagner reunion? Statistically, at least, he appears to be much improved from his rookie season with us. He's a UFA now (most likely will re-sign with ORL, but still).
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:02 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
I'm guessing Hartenstein will be out of our price range. And will either return to the Knicks or go to OKC.

What about a Mo Wagner reunion? Statistically, at least, he appears to be much improved from his rookie season with us. He's a UFA now (most likely will re-sign with ORL, but still).

Mo is tiny for a center, iirc. We wanted a big body like JV to make it harder for Jokic to back a man down in the post. Mo Wagner is not that guy.
crazylakerfan001
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:45 am    Post subject:

Did we even reach out to JV. If not Pelinka should be fires immediately. Literally the only real weakness we had the past two years and it’s been clear as day. Jokic just abuses our players and it’s been right in front of our faces for the past two years. If pelinka ignores this he should be let go cause it shows he doesnt address the basic needs but rather just trying to get the big name draw
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:

wtf lmao

He went to Washington, 3 year contract for 30 million.

Valanciunas was one of the guys Lebron was willing to take a pay cut for.
Not sure why we are sitting on our hands, unless we are about to get Brook Lopez.

Valanciunas was one of the very few who matched up on Jokic well.
Naf_srekaL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:36 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
tox wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:

wtf lmao

Not sure why we are sitting on our hands, unless we are about to get Brook Lopez.

I'm all for trading for Brook Lopez, but why is everyone assuming the Bucks want to trade him? It's not like they are done trying to contend, especially after that Lillard trade.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject:

Honest question -- how much of a priority should a big bodied C actually be now?

Denver has lost Bruce Brown AND KCP. We might not even play the Nuggets in the playoffs. If we improve other parts of the roster, maybe we can beat the Nuggets even with Jokic being the best player on the planet.

How many other teams make us really want that big bodied C? The Grizzlies are the obvious one for me.

Meanwhile I think a lot of those guys will be unplayable in many matchups as they'll be targeted by opposing perimeter stars, so I wonder if it's worth investing $$$ into this position
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:56 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
tox wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:

wtf lmao

Wanting Val is fine (don't really agree but reasonable minds can disagree) -- it's wanting him over AD that's baffling
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Honest question -- how much of a priority should a big bodied C actually be now?

Denver has lost Bruce Brown AND KCP. We might not even play the Nuggets in the playoffs. If we improve other parts of the roster, maybe we can beat the Nuggets even with Jokic being the best player on the planet.

How many other teams make us really want that big bodied C? The Grizzlies are the obvious one for me.

Meanwhile I think a lot of those guys will be unplayable in many matchups as they'll be targeted by opposing perimeter stars, so I wonder if it's worth investing $$$ into this position

A Plumee (too late) or Goga off the bench would be fine at the vet min.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
tox wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:

wtf lmao

Wanting Val is fine (don't really agree but reasonable minds can disagree) -- it's wanting him over AD that's baffling

Thinking Anthony Day to Davis is a reliable, healthy center is baffling.
He is consistently injured and load managing.

We need someone who can bang, control the paint, set picks and screens, rebound, and step out to pop shots when Day to Davis is hurt or doesn't want to get hurt.

Day to Davis is also - reportedly - most comfortable as a 4.

The move would be to have Valanciunas and the high priced Day to Davis.
By the way, check out the salary of Day to Davis in upcoming years.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:

Don't be too disappointed about losing Jonas for the Jokic matchup. Jonas does not match up at all. Jokic owns Jonas.

Jokic's averages against Pelicans this past season: 32/14/14
Jokic's season averages: 26/12/9
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:

Don't be too disappointed about losing Jonas for the Jokic matchup. Jonas does not match up at all. Jokic owns Jonas.

Jokic's averages against Pelicans this past season: 32/14/14
Jokic's season averages: 26/12/9

I have no idea where people come up with this stuff.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: