Coaching Staff: (Woj) Nate McMillan + Scott Brooks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 15253
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

Can't complain about these two coaching decisions. The team, that's
another story.
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 11465
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:35 am    Post subject:

Not bad for a start. Let’s see who they bring in next.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 8888

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject:

Nate had the Hawks playing great intil the Eastern Conference finals in 2021 against the Bucks.
_________________
Previously CamReddish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 21153
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Again, no one happy around here.
Who do you guys want as "assistant" coaches?
I would love Cassell or Dudley but I don't think they are leaving their gigs.
Who else are you high on?

I am happy with Brooks and Nate. I am sure there are more coming.

Yeah this is kind of a miserable cesspool. I skew pretty negative on this team but jeez. People are writing odes to how much they hate LeBron. Someone's going to get their post animated by Glen Keane and scored by John Williams.




At least it's not Gahan Wilson and someone singing Cohen's Hallelujah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 21153
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
These seem fine an they ought to complement each other: JJ brings the creativity and outside-the-box thinking, the assistants bring meat-and-potatoes experience and do the grunt work.


Yup. Exactly how I see it. I was not happy with the JJ hire, but I underestimated the odds of pulling in assistants with this kind of experience, and I think they're an excellent match to where he could use the help.

I'm also curious if Nate can help instill more defensive discipline throughout most of the roster. At least beyond LBJ's age limitations and AD, who already plays defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 17323

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject:

ESPN: Lakers hire Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine as head trainer.

LG: That guy sucks! He only cured lung cancer and didn't do (bleep) about Leukemia. Jeanie hired him because he was cheap!
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 40040

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ESPN: Lakers hire Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine as head trainer.

LG: That guy sucks! He only cured lung cancer and didn't do (bleep) about Leukemia. Jeanie hired him because he was cheap!


He also did nothing for my LG addiction, so yea... he sucks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 26004

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ESPN: Lakers hire Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine as head trainer.

LG: That guy sucks! He only cured lung cancer and didn't do (bleep) about Leukemia. Jeanie hired him because he was cheap!


Lungs are great and all, but what did he do to help prevent leg injuries/back?

Nothing but trash I say.
_________________
Lakers Offseason Goal:
- Draft Edey or Ware (Another guard)
- Sign Jonas or Claxton (NOBODY)
- sign and trade DLO (nobody wants him LMAO!)
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot (JJ: LeBron Bestie/might be a racist)

Call it an offseason (ROFL)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7636

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Phil Handy is gone right and dont want to come back?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nutella
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 605

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject:

wait, then who was Dwight blabbering about that was joining the Lakers instead of him in Taiwan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 8531

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Phil Handy is gone right and dont want to come back?


Is it true that he doesn't want to come back because he didn't like that he wasn't given consideration for head job these last two times?


Last edited by ducasse on Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nutella
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 605

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ESPN: Lakers hire Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine as head trainer.

LG: That guy sucks! He only cured lung cancer and didn't do (bleep) about Leukemia. Jeanie hired him because he was cheap!


So true, what does s/he know about ankle sprains and sports science?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7636

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Phil Handy is gone right and dont want to come back?


Is it true that he doesn't want to come back because he didn't like that he wasn't given consideration for head job these last two times?


That is what I’m hearing. He was not happy on how they handled the last 2 coaching hires. maybe he felt that, he should have been at least interviewed for the position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2286

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
JJ said he was close to hiring his head of player development or something. Mentioned it yesterday at the press conference for the rookies


Rondo, perhaps?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 1078

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:48 pm    Post subject:

In Instagram comments Matt Barnes said players don’t eff with Nate when he was in the league and he thinks they still don’t . Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
In Instagram comments Matt Barnes said players don’t eff with Nate when he was in the league and he thinks they still don’t . Lol

thats why he was fired from hawks. he couldnt relate even though IIRC they went to playoffs (or maybe not)
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 8536

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ESPN: Lakers hire Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine as head trainer.

LG: That guy sucks! He only cured lung cancer and didn't do (bleep) about Leukemia. Jeanie hired him because he was cheap!


Sounds about right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 17323

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
In Instagram comments Matt Barnes said players don’t eff with Nate when he was in the league and he thinks they still don’t . Lol


Matt Barnes is an ass hole. That is completely unrelated to his knowledge of the NBA or his ability to evaluate coaches, but he is an ass hole.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 13154

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:45 pm    Post subject:

You know with Nate around, there will be no Trae.
_________________
Los Angeles Lakers Leadership: Jeanie Buss, Robert Pelinka, Kurt Rambis, LeBron James, Rich Paul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1743
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ESPN: Lakers hire Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine as head trainer.

LG: That guy sucks! He only cured lung cancer and didn't do (bleep) about Leukemia. Jeanie hired him because he was cheap!


Lungs are great and all, but what did he do to help prevent leg injuries/back?

Nothing but trash I say.



I disagree. Not trash. Washed. But not trash.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 15253
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ESPN: Lakers hire Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine as head trainer.

LG: That guy sucks! He only cured lung cancer and didn't do (bleep) about Leukemia. Jeanie hired him because he was cheap!


Lungs are great and all, but what did he do to help prevent leg injuries/back?

Nothing but trash I say.



I disagree. Not trash. Washed. But not trash.



it's not the same thing...
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 22505
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I can't see a reason to complain about this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 29637

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I can't see a reason to complain about this


I can

Scott Brooks
>Relative success with a team that had 3 future MVPs, but rightly criticized for his unimaginative offense that ended up being very ISO/Free-lance heavy
>Went to washington where the offense was thoroughly mediocre
>Assistant for the blazers brought in to help with the offensive scheme
>Demoted to development assistant in season because offense was so bad
>Was fired by one of the worst teams in the league

Nate McMillan
Defensive-minded head coach for Atlanta. His last 3 seasons there:
-15th
-26th
-23rd

tbh, i'm less bearish on the McMillan hiring. But the Brooks hiring is awful. His offense was considered outdated and clueless a decade ago. There's no proof he's evolved since then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 3950

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
danzag wrote:
I can't see a reason to complain about this


I can

Scott Brooks
>Relative success with a team that had 3 future MVPs, but rightly criticized for his unimaginative offense that ended up being very ISO/Free-lance heavy
>Went to washington where the offense was thoroughly mediocre
>Assistant for the blazers brought in to help with the offensive scheme
>Demoted to development assistant in season because offense was so bad
>Was fired by one of the worst teams in the league

Nate McMillan
Defensive-minded head coach for Atlanta. His last 3 seasons there:
-15th
-26th
-23rd

tbh, i'm less bearish on the McMillan hiring. But the Brooks hiring is awful. His offense was considered outdated and clueless a decade ago. There's no proof he's evolved since then.


Good thing JJ's running the offense then huh?
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe

#BannersOverBillboards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 29637

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:57 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
danzag wrote:
I can't see a reason to complain about this


I can

Scott Brooks
>Relative success with a team that had 3 future MVPs, but rightly criticized for his unimaginative offense that ended up being very ISO/Free-lance heavy
>Went to washington where the offense was thoroughly mediocre
>Assistant for the blazers brought in to help with the offensive scheme
>Demoted to development assistant in season because offense was so bad
>Was fired by one of the worst teams in the league

Nate McMillan
Defensive-minded head coach for Atlanta. His last 3 seasons there:
-15th
-26th
-23rd

tbh, i'm less bearish on the McMillan hiring. But the Brooks hiring is awful. His offense was considered outdated and clueless a decade ago. There's no proof he's evolved since then.


Good thing JJ's running the offense then huh?


Smarmy comment implying head coaches, even ones with way more experience than JJ, don’t have offensive coordinators = huge win
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB