Welcome DALTON KNECHT - 17th Pick to Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:05 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
I don’t care much about FG% in summer league. It’s the ability to get to your spots comfortably against higher level athletes. Same with when Reaves was in summer league he shot like 30% from the field but you could tell he had high level feel and could get to his spots.

I thought Knecht looked pretty comfortable getting good looks in game 1 but I didn’t get a chance to watch all of game 2 yet. How’d he do in that sense?

I thought he did well getting what he wanted. Just missed some easy shots. Mostly off the dribble
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
I don’t care much about FG% in summer league. It’s the ability to get to your spots comfortably against higher level athletes. Same with when Reaves was in summer league he shot like 30% from the field but you could tell he had high level feel and could get to his spots.

I thought Knecht looked pretty comfortable getting good looks in game 1 but I didn’t get a chance to watch all of game 2 yet. How’d he do in that sense?

I thought he did well getting what he wanted. Just missed some easy shots. Mostly off the dribble

I generally agree with his jumpers but he doesn't look very comfortable finishing on the drive. I think he lacks the deceleration and braking that Reaves is a master of. He's more like Kuzma but without the flip finishes.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:11 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:

I thought he actually used a pick really well to get himself the advantage. I would say most shots he took were jumpers he looked comfortable taking. He also got to the rim a bunch but seemed to just miss. He actually drives hard and absorbs contact really nicely. You can really see his wingspan out there. He extends nicely on his finishes. The Lakers summer league squad much like last years squad under Ham looks like poop. They are so unorganized and look like they are outclassed by their competition. This might also be a reason to hate Ham. These guys look horrible and they looked to Dalton to initiate the offense a ton as if he was a PG.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:17 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

I generally agree with his jumpers but he doesn't look very comfortable finishing on the drive. I think he lacks the deceleration and braking that Reaves is a master of. He's more like Kuzma but without the flip finishes.

I think some of his easy misses had to do with his timing and speed of the game. He needs to adjust to that. Also it is kind of a new role for him to handle up top and take it off the dribble to the hoop.

That one dunk where he got fouled and it didn't count was really impressive. Once it slows down, I think he will be really good. That jump is usually year 2 after a season in the NBA and offseason to improve. I still think he will be a good player year 1, but has a lot of tools to improve
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I'm happy he's getting to his spots with relative ease for shots he'll make once he's up to NBA speed.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject:

The only thing organized we are running are some of Ham’s offense from last season. Nothing new out there. I think they started to realize their guard playmaking isn’t happening much, so they started to lean into some stuff that helps with that. But overall, offensively, we’re are a mess.

Knecht didn’t touch the ball the first 4-5 minutes of the game. Virtually nothing setup in the catch and shoot game. He has a lot of gravity if used right because he can read the D and is versatile, but we’re pretty clueless as a group.

Defensively, I thought he was awful in the first half. Then had a horrible close out early in the second half and after a conversation with the coaches finally looked serviceable and had a couple of steals and moved better than I’ve seen. Need more of that. First half was deer in the headlights.

The comment above about finishing like Kuz was something I’ve thought, too. He cuts and slashed to the rim like Kuz. He has a really strong layup package, but it hasn’t really shown yet. That And-1 off his pick six and that cut for the dunk, showed some of his finishing. But he has some great footwork, hip use and length that he can combine with his athleticism to finish really well.

I’d like to see them run something to open him up for a catch and shoot or two early on. Get him in the flow early.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:55 am    Post subject:

Expectations are way too high. I would be shocked if he got any time this season.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:05 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Expectations are way too high. I would be shocked if he got any time this season.

check a few pages back where someone's asking if he can be like luka, lmao
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
The only thing organized we are running are some of Ham’s offense from last season. Nothing new out there. I think they started to realize their guard playmaking isn’t happening much, so they started to lean into some stuff that helps with that. But overall, offensively, we’re are a mess.

Knecht didn’t touch the ball the first 4-5 minutes of the game. Virtually nothing setup in the catch and shoot game. He has a lot of gravity if used right because he can read the D and is versatile, but we’re pretty clueless as a group.

Defensively, I thought he was awful in the first half. Then had a horrible close out early in the second half and after a conversation with the coaches finally looked serviceable and had a couple of steals and moved better than I’ve seen. Need more of that. First half was deer in the headlights.

The comment above about finishing like Kuz was something I’ve thought, too. He cuts and slashed to the rim like Kuz. He has a really strong layup package, but it hasn’t really shown yet. That And-1 off his pick six and that cut for the dunk, showed some of his finishing. But he has some great footwork, hip use and length that he can combine with his athleticism to finish really well.

I’d like to see them run something to open him up for a catch and shoot or two early on. Get him in the flow early.

Was his awful defense a lack of effort? Being indecisive/ tentative with decisions?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject:

He’ll be like Jaime Vasquez, contributing right away but don’t expect a DLo/AR level contribution, somewhere up to MaxC
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't he supposed to be putting up stats against easy competition? I mean if he couldn't score over SL guys, how is he gonna score over NBA players?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Three 6'5" guys;

1- This Knecht kid has some energy behind him. Much like many rookies, he's still a project at this stage. I do expect a turn around later this season, but,
I'm not really worried in his case.

2- Meanwhile my eyes will be set on another 6'5" player -- Christie, he got a contract now he needs earn that money.

3- Finally, I still don't see JHS contributing; but, I'd love for him to PROVE me wrong.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Three 6'5" guys;

1- This Knecht kid has some energy behind him. Much like many rookies, he's still a project at this stage. I do expect a turn around later this season, but,

He is 23, not 18.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:51 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
deal wrote:
Three 6'5" guys;

He is 23, not 18.

It's the NBA not collage, still, I trust he'll come around soon enough. Nerves
could be a part of it but again he'll be fine; IMO.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Wasn't he supposed to be putting up stats against easy competition? I mean if he couldn't score over SL guys, how is he gonna score over NBA players?

When it comes to summer league you're looking for flashes, not necessarily numbers. Think dalton has shown us a lot in these two games. For 1 he is a much better passer than i thought he was. He has also demonstrated the ability to play make for himself and others as well. As for the shots, he is getting clean looks, only a matter of time before they fall.

In college he was an elite movement shooter, and tennessee ran a lot of action for him. Summer league is the complete opposite of that as its pretty much a pick up game. Knecht is a system player and will look much better in a structured offense with legit NBA talent around him. He also will have some level of gravity that will open the court for others. He'll be big for our rotation this year
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:50 am    Post subject:

This group is really a SL bunch. Last Night Utah vs Memphis game Wessler & KGeorge played. 2 starters of the NBA team! Pippen Jr. did the same for Memphis. Then we got Maxwell Lewis and Castelton as our 2nd year guys and you just go for a shot of whisky.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:25 am    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
deal wrote:
Three 6'5" guys;

He is 23, not 18.

primes are 27-30. he has time. Fortunately roty award isnt reliant on team wins. he will be top 2 this year.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:21 pm    Post subject:

uh oh, bad news

https://www.espn.com/espn/betting/story/_/id/40532860/grizzlies-zach-edey-consensus-rookie-year-betting-favorite

Edey betting favorite for ROY after splashy debut
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
uh oh, bad news

https://www.espn.com/espn/betting/story/_/id/40532860/grizzlies-zach-edey-consensus-rookie-year-betting-favorite

Edey betting favorite for ROY after splashy debut

What about our boy? Bobby Sura 2.0?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Dalton Knecht tonight:

20 Points
9 Rebounds
1 Assist
7/18 FGM
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Needs to start
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:56 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Dalton Knecht tonight:

20 Points
9 Rebounds
1 Assist
7/18 FGM

Missed a few bunnies.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject:

A lot of his shots looked really good he just got tapped on them. His shots are all there and is going to thrive in JJ's motion offense
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
A lot of his shots looked really good he just got tapped on them. His shots are all there and is going to thrive in JJ's motion offense

Dude is struggling right now... But not surprised at all. He's trying to be that guy and forcing a lot of shots.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Was he on the move coming off screens and shooting today? Didn't get to watch
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 19 of 23
Jump to: