Klay Thompson? Woj: LeBron reached out to Klay at start of FA; Nope… the bonehead chose TX
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 7254

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject: Klay Thompson? Woj: LeBron reached out to Klay at start of FA; Nope… the bonehead chose TX

Woj: https://x.com/esidery/status/1807425450102096222?s=46

Klay’s dad wants him to take the Lakers MLE too: https://x.com/lashowbr/status/1807480625454088370?s=46


Last edited by Nash Vegas on Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25747

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

What does Sham says?
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 2571

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject:

Are we gonna have anyone who can defend besides AD?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 40040

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:04 am    Post subject:

Michael Thompson approves. Get can too.

Reaves
Klay
Cam
Legramps
Davis

Could be worse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 15253
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject:

Another version of old farts squad...
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 2571

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Michael Thompson approves. Get can too.

Reaves
Klay
Cam
Legramps
Davis

Could be worse


Who is Cam?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 5283

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:14 am    Post subject:

if we're gonna put Reaves AND Klay in the starting lineup, we need Vando to start OR someone like Marcus Smart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 13295

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:18 am    Post subject:

I am not interested in Klay.

I think Dalton is gonna come in and right away be an impact player.

Why not get a center who can play defense?
_________________
"I bought the Lakers so I could beat the Celtics" - Dr. Jerry Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 5328

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
I am not interested in Klay.

I think Dalton is gonna come in and right away be an impact player.

Why not get a center who can play defense?


I can say one thing, I've never thought to myself "Oh, no Valanciunas is in the game, Jonas is coming"

While even when Klay was stinking it up shooting 0 for 10, I always thought he might suddenly get hot.

We need a center, I get that. I wanted us to draft Edey.

But I feel like we can find a center but a Klay or Harden, you don't pass up for the MLE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jul 2018
Posts: 571

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
I am not interested in Klay.

I think Dalton is gonna come in and right away be an impact player.

Why not get a center who can play defense?


I can say one thing, I've never thought to myself "Oh, no Valanciunas is in the game, Jonas is coming"

While even when Klay was stinking it up shooting 0 for 10, I always thought he might suddenly get hot.

We need a center, I get that. I wanted us to draft Edey.

But I feel like we can find a center but a Klay or Harden, you don't pass up for the MLE.

Exactly!
The "we need a center" thought process is the same kind of thinking that led us to pass on Cam Whitmore when he was on the board last year.

If the basketball gods part the skies and give you a shot at Klay Thompson for the MLE you take that and run. We'll find a Center. Can still explore a S&T for one. But you don't pass up a knockdown high volume shooter like Klay if he'd be willing to take the MLE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 5328

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
I am not interested in Klay.

I think Dalton is gonna come in and right away be an impact player.

Why not get a center who can play defense?


I can say one thing, I've never thought to myself "Oh, no Valanciunas is in the game, Jonas is coming"

While even when Klay was stinking it up shooting 0 for 10, I always thought he might suddenly get hot.

We need a center, I get that. I wanted us to draft Edey.

But I feel like we can find a center but a Klay or Harden, you don't pass up for the MLE.

Exactly!
The "we need a center" thought process is the same kind of thinking that led us to pass on Cam Whitmore when he was on the board last year.

If the basketball gods part the skies and give you a shot at Klay Thompson for the MLE you take that and run. We'll find a Center. Can still explore a S&T for one. But you don't pass up a knockdown high volume shooter like Klay if he'd be willing to take the MLE


I still remember the excitement we all felt when Andre Drummond came.

That didn't last long.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 5256

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
I am not interested in Klay.

I think Dalton is gonna come in and right away be an impact player.

Why not get a center who can play defense?


I can say one thing, I've never thought to myself "Oh, no Valanciunas is in the game, Jonas is coming"

While even when Klay was stinking it up shooting 0 for 10, I always thought he might suddenly get hot.

We need a center, I get that. I wanted us to draft Edey.

But I feel like we can find a center but a Klay or Harden, you don't pass up for the MLE.

Exactly!
The "we need a center" thought process is the same kind of thinking that led us to pass on Cam Whitmore when he was on the board last year.

If the basketball gods part the skies and give you a shot at Klay Thompson for the MLE you take that and run. We'll find a Center. Can still explore a S&T for one. But you don't pass up a knockdown high volume shooter like Klay if he'd be willing to take the MLE


I still remember the excitement we all felt when Andre Drummond came.

That didn't last long.


100%. I want a center as much as the next guy and Klay isn't in his prime anymore but if we can get Klay, you say thank you and sign him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 3475

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Are we gonna have anyone who can defend besides AD?


Lakers finished the season with a top 5 offense and bottom 10 defense post All-Star. Klay, Jonas etc don't move the needle.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 10277

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/nbastreamig/status/1807498842775933241?s=46

Klay willing to take a discount to join the Lakers or Clippers… why the hell would he pick the Clippers of it’s the same money?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 5328

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
https://x.com/nbastreamig/status/1807498842775933241?s=46

Klay willing to take a discount to join the Lakers or Clippers… why the hell would he pick the Clippers of it’s the same money?


His dad hates the Clippers.

He's said that he'd rather the Celtics win the title than the Clippers.

Unless Klay is of a totally different mindset, that's not happening.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VanderBlue'sJersey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Posts: 239

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
https://x.com/nbastreamig/status/1807498842775933241?s=46

Klay willing to take a discount to join the Lakers or Clippers… why the hell would he pick the Clippers of it’s the same money?


His dad hates the Clippers.

He's said that he'd rather the Celtics win the title than the Clippers.

Unless Klay is of a totally different mindset, that's not happening.


Totally incorrect. Mychal, and all long time Laker fans, would root for the Clippers vs the Celtics if that finals matchup ever occured.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 36432
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject:

This would be the ultimate Jeannie/Pelinka move.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 1078

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

34 is not old in real life or not that old in the nba. He would be the perfect counter to a Murray offensively. Perhaps a change of scenery will boost his play a bit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17977

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
34 is not old in real life or not that old in the nba. He would be the perfect counter to a Murray offensively. Perhaps a change of scenery will boost his play a bit

NBA isn't real life. And it may not be old in the NBA, but injuries can make it old. Especially when steph isn't next to him.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 10277

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Windhorst on NBA Today saying Lakers need to make a trade first to free some space before they can even go after Klay.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 6310

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Hell to the no. He is done and I don’t want him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 8532

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Mavs will regret signing Klay when he goes 0-10 in a another closeout game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 1078

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Robblake wrote:
34 is not old in real life or not that old in the nba. He would be the perfect counter to a Murray offensively. Perhaps a change of scenery will boost his play a bit

NBA isn't real life. And it may not be old in the NBA, but injuries can make it old. Especially when steph isn't next to him.

Klay is still capable of being a solid contributor - he is easily a great sign if he wants to take a pay cut. He’s clearly disgruntled and his play reflected that not just his injuries.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 22132

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Windhorst on NBA Today saying Lakers need to make a trade first to free some space before they can even go after Klay.


So maybe LeBrin isn’t willing to take much of a pay cut after all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 7254

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Woj

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1807535956947341630?s=46

Klay meeting with Lakers, Clippers, Mavs, Sixers
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB