Klay Thompson? Woj: LeBron reached out to Klay at start of FA; Nope… the bonehead chose TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Michael Thompson is Lakers Royalty adjacent. I think Klay would love to experience being part of Lakers royalty in his retirement. Not sure where the money comes from with the Lewis signing though.

Who is Lewis?

Hooked a left on 2-1 and Lewis...
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Michael Thompson is Lakers Royalty adjacent. I think Klay would love to experience being part of Lakers royalty in his retirement. Not sure where the money comes from with the Lewis signing though.

Who is Lewis?

If only today had been a good day.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:37 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
You would think people would have learned after that last fiasco, when the Lakers tried to assemble the over-the-hill NBA version of the Avengers. Melo, Dwight, Ariza, Bradley, DeAndre Jordan, Isiah Thomas, etc etc.... That was an absolute train wreck. I know I learned my lesson. NO, to Klay Thompson.

At this stage in his career, Klay is more name recognition, than game recognition. Yes, he can still shoot. But, that's it. And, when his shot is off...and, it will be off...he is useless. Klay does not address what the Lakers issues were, last season. Defense, rebounding, and intangibles. The Lakers were fine shooting the ball. That's not a problem. So, Klay...just like Trae...is just more chasing after a fancy name. That really needs to stop, if we're serious about winning...

Very well put. Klay wouldn't improve us as much as some people may think for the reasons you mentioned.

Plus, we need an upgrade over DLO if DLO will get traded. LeBron cannot be our only ball-handler/facilitator, and no, Austin Reaves isn't a ball-handler/facilitator.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Who is Lewis?

On the court it’s trouble, and no, not the kind where fricked around and got a triple double either, more like triple strikes as in struck out on Valanciunas/Drummond/Murray/Caruso
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:21 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1807599962810699869?s=46

👀
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:22 pm    Post subject:

I hope the administration has gotten the message win now is a defeatist attitude. We don't need another aging veteran. Bite the damn bullet and rebuild with the youth we have.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Who is Lewis?

On the court it’s trouble, and no, not the kind where fricked around and got a triple double either, more like triple strikes as in struck out on Valanciunas/Drummond/Murray/Caruso

Hooked a left on 2-1 and Lewis, offered Klay Thompson a veterans minimum, he said, hey let’s do this.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I hope the administration has gotten the message win now is a defeatist attitude. We don't need another aging veteran. Bite the damn bullet and rebuild with the youth we have.

HUH ... winning now is a "defeatist attitude".

WTF are you talking about.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Who is Lewis?

Hooked a left on 2-1 and Lewis, offered Klay Thompson a veterans minimum, he said, hey let’s do this.

Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

HUH ... winning now is a "defeatist attitude".

WTF are you talking about.

lol ikr. The rebuild is gonna happen anyway…let’s see what we can do this off-season to at least build a dark horse contender
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Man I want this to happen, not sure what the asking price is in a trade but I'm tempted. Still shoots 39% from 3, taking 9 of them a game. But I like Dallas too, Klay and Luka would be deadly
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:52 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Who is Lewis?

The true day 1 winner of FA! The next stop is the Eastsiiiide Moooteeeeeelll.

Last edited by fansincemagic on Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I still prefer they get Jerami Grant more than they get Klay.

Grant plus a center means an almost sure ring for the lakeshow.

MLE for a center
Trade DLo+Rui+Vando for Grant
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:55 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

Not impossible for both to happen... all starts with LeBron taking paycut and Klay accepting MLE. Then Rui, Gabe, JHS, Swap, 2nds for Grant
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:55 pm    Post subject:

jb2 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Not impossible for both to happen... all starts with LeBron taking paycut and Klay accepting MLE. Then Rui, Gabe, JHS, 2nds for Grant

but still no center? no center means no finals for the lakeshow. sorry

getting a center for MLE than getting klay

they will not beat the Nuggets, Wolves and Mavs without a decent C
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Yawn. Dude's washed. Next!
gibbiesmalls
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Hell to the no. He is done and I don’t want him.

He's done as an All-NBA player and All-Star, but I think he would be tremendous value at a team friendly deal/MLE.

This team isn't getting much better than Klay.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Man I want this to happen, not sure what the asking price is in a trade but I'm tempted. Still shoots 39% from 3, taking 9 of them a game. But I like Dallas too, Klay and Luka would be deadly

On defense? I know they will be deadly on that end, for Dallas. Klay is actually a terrible fit for Dallas, Luka and Kyrie takes turns to play iso ball.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Klay wants a higher salary so he’s waiting for a S&T + Warriors would rather get something in return than lose him.

So chances Klay comes here for the MLE isn’t very high, imho.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:19 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Klay wants a higher salary so he’s waiting for a S&T + Warriors would rather get something in return than lose him.

So chances Klay comes here for the MLE isn’t very high, imho.

I don't see how the Lakers can sign and trade for Klay and have flexibility to able to make other moves that are needed.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:02 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

Knecht shoots 41% from three but our problem last season wasn't with the scoring though. I'd like to say I have faith in Pelinka to know what's going on and prioritize what's important but I'm very doubtful.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:24 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Knecht shoots 41% from three but our problem last season wasn't with the scoring though. I'd like to say I have faith in Pelinka to know what's going on and prioritize what's important but I'm very doubtful.

Connect shoots 0 percent from 3. He has not played an NBA minute.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:29 am    Post subject:

I agree with the masses that on the surface moving DLO for Klay is not a RS upgrade but when you think about playoff matchups it gets much more interesting.

Teams don't scheme to stop DLO off the ball. Not nearly as much as they would with Klay. He has a rep and respected sharpshooter that would be playing off screens and in motion. This gives the Lakers a little bit of a different look. Factor in they have Gabe, Austin, JHS, Max. There's a lot of 2 guard or 3rd guard combos they would be able to play with Klay that would be more effective in a playoff setting than with DLO.

Regular season wise though, DLO > Klay of last year. Playoffs? I take Klay every time. Teams will actually have to scheme or pay with not putting body on Klay. He is not someone that needs the ball to score. He is an extremely good complement to AD/Bron, who are high usage guys.

I would view him as Danny Green 19-20 on steroids. In a 25 mpg role, I think he would give better effort on defense than we saw in GST. That said, I'm neither here or there on this move. I think at best this move helps us in the POs but hurts us in the RS a bit.

Would GST even want DLO for Klay?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:41 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I agree with the masses that on the surface moving DLO for Klay is not a RS upgrade but when you think about playoff matchups it gets much more interesting.

Teams don't scheme to stop DLO off the ball. Not nearly as much as they would with Klay. He has a rep and respected sharpshooter that would be playing off screens and in motion. This gives the Lakers a little bit of a different look. Factor in they have Gabe, Austin, JHS, Max. There's a lot of 2 guard or 3rd guard combos they would be able to play with Klay that would be more effective in a playoff setting than with DLO.

Regular season wise though, DLO > Klay of last year. Playoffs? I take Klay every time. Teams will actually have to scheme or pay with not putting body on Klay. He is not someone that needs the ball to score. He is an extremely good complement to AD/Bron, who are high usage guys.

I would view him as Danny Green 19-20 on steroids. In a 25 mpg role, I think he would give better effort on defense than we saw in GST. That said, I'm neither here or there on this move. I think at best this move helps us in the POs but hurts us in the RS a bit.

Would GST even want DLO for Klay?

gotta make the playoffs first
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:27 am    Post subject:

We need front line help not another defensively challenged guard.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: