Foston Celtics Up for Sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Oct 2022
Posts: 1796

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject: Foston Celtics Up for Sale

What does that tell you

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1807823591125254247

BREAKING: The Boston Celtics majority ownership group — led by Wyc Grousbeck — is planning to make the franchise available for sale, sources tell ESPN. The investment group purchased the team in 2002. Massive development for one of sports’ most valuable properties.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Oct 2022
Posts: 1796

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject:

Jeanie, there is no shame in selling the team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23876

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:19 am    Post subject:

Well they will be selling high
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 15253
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Well they will be selling high



exactly
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25742

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:58 am    Post subject:

Which billionaire group wants it?
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 22127

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Which billionaire group wants it?


Is the PIF allowed to buy it with the new rules?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25742

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Well they will be selling high



exactly


Def buying high but this would be the ultimate billionaire hobby purchase, a league champ
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Posts: 985

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject:

Marc Lasry sold his stake right after the Bucks won. My guess is Lasry saw where the league was headed with the new CBA and didn't think there would be a way to create a sustainable edge. I wonder if the Boston owners feel the same way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 54938

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

Do it Jeanie. Everyone is doing it.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 47779

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:12 am    Post subject:

Buy them and move the team to Siberia...
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 368
Location: Boston, MA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

The official memo on this says that selling the Boston Celtics will take a few years to transition over to the new owners and Wyc will remain governor of the team until 2028. By that time, the window for this particular team will be over anyways and it will be up to the new owners to build the next Celtics team. We'll see.

I think many Celtics fans are hoping that Robert Kraft and his group will take over the team as he definitely has the funds and he's willing to do whatever it takes to keep a team successful.
_________________
Boston Celtics are the 2024 NBA Champions!!!


Last edited by BirdMagicLegend on Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
crazylakerfan001
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 1014

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

buy the team trade Jaylen and Jayson for Gab Vincent, DLO, Rui etc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 1139
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject:

I don't blame them. That's an expensive bill for whoever is writing those checks
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 32804

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

The official reason for the placing "for sale" sign on the Celtics was due to "estate and family planning considerations" by the group’s controlling members. I wonder if the slow-motion car wreck by the Buss family trust has something to do with it. I doubt the valuation of the Lakers franchise, for example, has increased by much (relatively speaking) during the current ownership structure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 8535

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:33 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Jeanie, there is no shame in selling the team


Because emotional fans don't care about lineage?

I would rather the buss family keep what their father worked hard for in the family.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 32804

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject:

Streaming revenues will change the valuation and business model of sports franchises; it won't happen tomorrow but it is coming. Perhaps the Grousbecks are nervous about the potential scenario outcomes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 36428
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Current ownership selling high.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Oct 2022
Posts: 1796

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Jeanie, there is no shame in selling the team


Because emotional fans don't care about lineage?

I would rather the buss family keep what their father worked hard for in the family.


You realize they can't stay competitive, if it weren't for the salary cap I doubt they would even spend what is required.

Look at the stories that are told of the facilities and resources and skimping that goes on behind the scenes. This isn't the WORLD CLASS organization that Dr. Buss built in the 80s and 90s. Even the good Dr. was cutting corners at the end and getting cheap on players.

This is a big corporate game now and a big boy billionaires game, heck even Mark Cuban can't hang anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 26004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Please sell Jeanie. For your own freaking good sell the team and let a real owner take over.
_________________
Lakers Offseason Goal:
- Draft Edey or Ware (Another guard)
- Sign Jonas or Claxton (NOBODY)
- sign and trade DLO (nobody wants him LMAO!)
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot (JJ: LeBron Bestie/might be a racist)

Call it an offseason (ROFL)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 24885

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject:

It tells me one of two things:

1. They don't see the NBA having much of a future where they can make massive profits so they're cashing out now.
2. A scandal is about to break and they are selling assets etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 8535

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Jeanie, there is no shame in selling the team


Because emotional fans don't care about lineage?

I would rather the buss family keep what their father worked hard for in the family.


You realize they can't stay competitive, if it weren't for the salary cap I doubt they would even spend what is required.

Look at the stories that are told of the facilities and resources and skimping that goes on behind the scenes. This isn't the WORLD CLASS organization that Dr. Buss built in the 80s and 90s. Even the good Dr. was cutting corners at the end and getting cheap on players.

This is a big corporate game now and a big boy billionaires game, heck even Mark Cuban can't hang anymore.


This is just entertainment, i'm not the owner of the team.

Complainers should need a life outside of this and touch grass.

People could either choose to be a fan or root for a teams franchise that better suits their entertainment value.

I personally don't understand why people willing to watch a product they don't appreciate..

Ask Buss's to sale because those fans are emotional.

Jerry Buss left it to them. It is their lineage. They could do with it what they want.

If anyone continues to watch some thing that they don't like, it is up to them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Oct 2022
Posts: 1796

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Jeanie, there is no shame in selling the team


Because emotional fans don't care about lineage?

I would rather the buss family keep what their father worked hard for in the family.


You realize they can't stay competitive, if it weren't for the salary cap I doubt they would even spend what is required.

Look at the stories that are told of the facilities and resources and skimping that goes on behind the scenes. This isn't the WORLD CLASS organization that Dr. Buss built in the 80s and 90s. Even the good Dr. was cutting corners at the end and getting cheap on players.

This is a big corporate game now and a big boy billionaires game, heck even Mark Cuban can't hang anymore.


This is just entertainment, i'm not the owner of the team.

Complainers should need a life outside of this and touch grass.

People could either choose to be a fan or root for a teams franchise that better suits their entertainment value.

I personally don't understand why people willing to watch a product they don't appreciate..

Ask Buss's to sale because those fans are emotional.

Jerry Buss left it to them. It is their lineage. They could do with it what they want.

If anyone continues to watch some thing that they don't like, it is up to them.


Don't appreciate? WTF you talking about? Get off your soapbox.

I've been watching for almost 40 yrs. If anything I care about the team too much.

The economics of the NBA is changing faster than ever. Your "ENTERTAINMENT" value for this team will suffer greatly with the direction they are heading post LeBron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 3950

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should buy them.

Move them to Siberia

Then leave them there to freeze...alone
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe

#BannersOverBillboards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25742

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Be crazy if Bron retire and buy this team
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Posts: 13911
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Do it Jeanie. Everyone is doing it.

_________________
akola wrote:
KILL BILL Artest.
R.I.P. wheelchair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB