March 14th: Big game tonight, Lakers vs Kings; Kobe self critical.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: March 14th: Big game tonight, Lakers vs Kings; Kobe self critical.

Bryant Criticizes Himself
By Gary Klein, Times Staff Writer
March 14, 2006

Kobe Bryant said Monday he left without speaking to reporters after Sunday's loss to the Seattle SuperSonics because he was frustrated with his performance.

Bryant, who is averaging 35 points a game, made only eight of 29 shots in the 120-113 defeat at Staples Center and finished with 22 points. He missed three three-point attempts in the final minute.

"I was just upset at myself for missing those shots," Bryant said before a late-afternoon workout. "I had a tough time sleeping last night."

Bryant was asked about bumping teammate Sasha Vujacic on the bench.

"Oh, so what," Bryant said. "Give me a break. This is really silly. I mean if people are out there saying negative stuff about me trying to get a player pumped up or whatever…. I don't think they showed on TV the very next time out me putting my arm around him and encouraging him to continue to be aggressive. I don't think they put that on TV."

With center Chris Mihm out indefinitely because of an ankle sprain, Kwame Brown will move back into the starting lineup tonight at Sacramento.

The revitalized Kings have a 32-31 record and have not lost at home since acquiring Ron Artest in late January.
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

Bryant, Artest collide

By KEVIN DING
The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO – For all his fire on the court, Kobe Bryant usually leaves it there. Even the frustration of defeat is usually let go and replaced by Bryant's optimism shortly after the final horn.

Not so Sunday, when the Lakers suffered the sort of loss to Seattle that stuck with Bryant tighter than even Ron Artest will tonight in Sacramento.

"I was upset at myself for missing those shots," Bryant said Monday of his 8-for-29 shooting game. "It's really frustrating. I had a tough time sleeping."

Even though the Lakers' faulty defense, especially in transition, was the major problem Sunday, Bryant expected to rally for a victory on the strength of his offense. But he had 10 second-half points, missing 10 of 13 shots. Coach Phil Jackson called it the most frustrated he has seen Bryant this season.

"I can't miss open shots," Bryant said. "It's not acceptable."
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject:

Kobe: 'Hell' for Mihm
Injured Lakers center has uphill battle, says Bryant
Ross Siler, Staff writer

EL SEGUNDO - More than any player, Kobe Bryant understands the uphill climb Lakers center Chris Mihm is facing after suffering a severe right ankle sprain in the final minute of Sunday's loss to Seattle.

After all, Bryant was sidelined a month with the same injury last season, missing 14 games, and answered a question Monday about what Mihm was going through before it could even be finished.

"It was hell," Bryant said.

The timing could not have been worse for the Lakers, who had avoided a significant injury all season until Sunday. There is no timetable for Mihm's return and no way of knowing how much losing one of their most consistent players will hurt the Lakers.

Mihm was quietly having the best season of his career before the injury, averaging 10.4 points and 6.4 rebounds.

The Lakers will play their first game without Mihm tonight at Sacramento, where the Kings have won their past 12 games at Arco Arena and have climbed to eighth in the Western Conference standings, a half-game behind the Lakers.

"It is going to be a playoff game, a playoff-type atmosphere," forward Lamar Odom said. "We have a team that's right on our tails. They haven't lost a home game since Ron Artest has been there, so they're feeling good about themselves right now. We've got to defend our spot a little bit."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: