My New Vid "NBA Ref Laker-Agenda Ad"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBigRuski
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

par excellance!!!

(can you do a Kobe/Shaq Brokeback Mountain thing? If you don't know what I am talking about, see examples at youtube.com)
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

I knew that fould was BS to begin with, and now watching it again, it's obscene.

Nice vid.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVTIYTSCG90&search=lakers%20refs

shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

DJ Qube wrote:
It is not a travel. It is a foul. It sucks because everything happened at the same time, and Kobe got all ball. If the incidental leg / foot contact didn't happen, it would have been a clean steal.

To those that disagree, watch the feet on the original unedited video and you will see what Shansen and I are talking about.

http://rapidshare.de/files/15940778/03-19-2006_-_Lakers_vs._Cavaliers_-_Bad_Calls.avi.html

I almost wish i had not downloaded that video.....the officiating was disgusting, but thats besides the point. It was proof positive that Kobe definitely fouled Murray on that play. He got all ball, but he definitley tripped him up. Seeing that video and watching BronBron get all those touch fouls called in his favor then watching Kobe get completely mugged with no call was just pathetic. If i were in that same situation i would have been ejected, props to Kobe for keeping a relatively level head.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVTIYTSCG90&search=lakers%20refs

WTF. I challenge anyone to watch that and tell me there is no agenda by these refs.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
DJ Qube wrote:
..I like how the camera pans off of the tripping foul just before it happens.

I know this is going against the grain on this board, but Kobe fouled Flip guys. Just before Kobe strips the ball, take a look at his knee bumping Flips leg. Flips leg obviously moves very unnaturally and then falls to the ground. This was directly caused by Kobe who did not have good defensive position when making the play.....and that by the rulebook is the definition of a foul.

I Bleed purple and gold, but i dont believe for a second that that was a blown call.

The overall message of the video i can agree with, i think the referees definitley have an agenda...these games are not being unbiasly officiated, but you should have picked a different play to use for the video because that ladies and gents, was a foul.

You know, maybe Kobe did commit a touch foul or perhaps Flip slipped in sweat (which is what it looked like to me), but it was NOTHING compared to the body slam Lamar received from big Z on the other end. No foul was called on Big Z because supposedly the NBA doesn't want refs deciding games. So they call a touch foul on Kobe so the Cavs can win it at the line? What, they don't want Big Z fouling out, since he had 5 at that time? Fine, but don't turn around and hand then the game on a freakin TOUCH FOUL. Not when Kobe's been hacked, wacked, mugged and assaulted all game and you haven't blown the freakin whistle.

Honestly, it's not a question of Kobe never committing fouls. Of course he does. It's a question of if it's a foul on one end of the court, then it's a foul on the other end, as well. If the refs allow contact, great, but allow it for both teams. They're constantly blowing fouls for a hand check against a Laker, but then allow Kobe to be ridding like a dam horse and that's okay? How many times did Kobe get abused by his defenders against the Cavs and the Celtics? I mean, Hubie Brown NEVER makes bad ref. comments, yet even he couldn't help but say that Kobe had every reason to be upset. How about when Kobe was attacking and you hear Hubie or his co-hort, and they're saying, "oh, there's a foul, oh, and another foul..."

That's pretty sad and I know you agree, but that's the point. It isn't about Kobe never committing fouls, it's about calling the game evenly and fairly. Can't refuse to blow the whistle on a body shot because the game is on the line, and then blow a touch foul to give the other team the win.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

You know what type of video I'd like someone to create (hint hint LD2k)? I'd like a video that puts the fouls in context with the game. By this, I mean the following:

Start the video showing Kobe getting fouled and no whistle blowing.

Then ask, "Was that not a foul?"

The next shot should then be a foul called against the Lakers for doing the exact same thing in the same game (important because different refs call different things).

You then ask, "If it wasn't a foul for kobe, why is it a foul on this end?"

Then show Kobe fouled again - no whistle. Same comment. A foul called for the opponent for the same thing, whistle blown. Ask the same question.

Over and over and over and over again. In that context, it really starts to look BAAAD. I mean, there's no reason for there to be no consistency within the same game like that. There really isn't.

That's the best way to put it in context, because if you're showing the refs making certain calls for one team, but refusing to make those same calls for the opposing team (or Kobe, more specifically), then we've got a serious problem. Makes it more likely that Stern at least looks into it, because you can't have a video with all that in there, created by fans with legitimate concerns, and then just blow it off. You just can't be having that type of inconsistency within the same game.

I'd love to have someone create that video and send a copy to league offices.
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
DJ Qube wrote:
..I like how the camera pans off of the tripping foul just before it happens.

I know this is going against the grain on this board, but Kobe fouled Flip guys. Just before Kobe strips the ball, take a look at his knee bumping Flips leg. Flips leg obviously moves very unnaturally and then falls to the ground. This was directly caused by Kobe who did not have good defensive position when making the play.....and that by the rulebook is the definition of a foul.

I Bleed purple and gold, but i dont believe for a second that that was a blown call.

The overall message of the video i can agree with, i think the referees definitley have an agenda...these games are not being unbiasly officiated, but you should have picked a different play to use for the video because that ladies and gents, was a foul.

You know, maybe Kobe did commit a touch foul or perhaps Flip slipped in sweat (which is what it looked like to me), but it was NOTHING compared to the body slam Lamar received from big Z on the other end. No foul was called on Big Z because supposedly the NBA doesn't want refs deciding games. So they call a touch foul on Kobe so the Cavs can win it at the line? What, they don't want Big Z fouling out, since he had 5 at that time? Fine, but don't turn around and hand then the game on a freakin TOUCH FOUL. Not when Kobe's been hacked, wacked, mugged and assaulted all game and you haven't blown the freakin whistle.

Honestly, it's not a question of Kobe never committing fouls. Of course he does. It's a question of if it's a foul on one end of the court, then it's a foul on the other end, as well. If the refs allow contact, great, but allow it for both teams. They're constantly blowing fouls for a hand check against a Laker, but then allow Kobe to be ridding like a dam horse and that's okay? How many times did Kobe get abused by his defenders against the Cavs and the Celtics? I mean, Hubie Brown NEVER makes bad ref. comments, yet even he couldn't help but say that Kobe had every reason to be upset. How about when Kobe was attacking and you hear Hubie or his co-hort, and they're saying, "oh, there's a foul, oh, and another foul..."

That's pretty sad and I know you agree, but that's the point. It isn't about Kobe never committing fouls, it's about calling the game evenly and fairly. Can't refuse to blow the whistle on a body shot because the game is on the line, and then blow a touch foul to give the other team the win.

I think the officiating is horrendous, i think it was definitley lopsided, but Kobe really forced the officials to blow the whistle ON THAT PLAY. Ill say it again..ON THAT PLAY. Download the extended version that shows the play in full frame. Kobe is overplaying the inbounds pass thinking its gonna be passed in to Lebron, in other words he is cheating. His assignment was to defend Murray. As soon as Murray inbounded the ball, he streaked to the hoop. Kobe saw this and rushed in from the side, he had bad defensive position. In fact you can see by Kobe's reaction right as Flip inbounded the ball that he had majorly screwed up. You have got to be on shrooms if you think Murray slipped in sweat or any other substance out there, Kobe CLEARLY knocked his leg out from under him sending him crashing to the hardwood, all ball or not.

Lets just hope they win tonight, because NO won last night.

I hate the officials right now, but even i understand they had to make that call.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
This team needs to learn how to finish off teams so they don't have to worry about being screwed over by the refs all the time, it's the only way.

Amen. I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Everytime I check out LG these days, it takes me a moment to realize that I'm not on a Queens Forum, because that's what a lot of folks here sound like complaining about the refs all the time.

If there was some grand master scheme from the NBA to screw the Lakers over, don't you think that it would be most evident against a team like the Sacramento Kings, whom we are in direct competition with for one of the last remaining playoff spots? All these conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

I'm not sure what about the original post warrants a sticky. Not only does it perpetuate the whining, but I can think of 10-15 calls (or no calls) that were WAY more aggregious than that in the last five games. At least post something that was obviously a bad call, like when Delonte West bodied Kobe into the base of the basket on the layup at the end of the Celtics game. That was far more of a bad call than the Flip Murray play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: