2006 NBA Draft Thread - Workouts/Prospects/Scouting Reports. With the 26th pick of the NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: 2006 NBA Draft Thread - Workouts/Prospects/Scouting Reports. With the 26th pick of the NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select...

Which player you wanna see in Los Angeles? But name a realistic one, not Adam Morrison, Rudy Gay or LaMarcus Aldridge...

I like Randy Foye, a combo-guard (can play the point in the triangle) from Villanova. 6'4, 205lbs, good attitude, fighter, good defense.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Draft 2006: Which player you wanna see in PnG? Be realistic...

Afro wrote:
Which player you wanna see in Los Angeles? But name a realistic one, not Adam Morrison, Rudy Gay or LaMarcus Aldridge...

I like Randy Foye, a combo-guard (can play the point in the triangle) from Villanova. 6'4, 205lbs, good attitude, fighter, good defense.

Josh Boone
Dee Brown
Maurice Ager
Hassan Adams
James White
Terrell Everett
Leon Powe

I want a real athletic wing that can play man D and spot up.

Or

A real backup PG with real PG triple threat PG skills who can face backup PGs without problems defensively.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

^ I don't watch a lot of college basketball (actually I rarely do), but I happened to stumble across a game Hassan Adams was playing in. That guy has freakish athletic ability. I saw him grabbing rebounds away from guys who had 4 or 5 inches on him. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Lakers jersey at all.
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

So far I like:

Allan Ray
Bobby Jones
Chris Quinn
James Augustine
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

I have no idea where he's projected, but I really like Taquan Dean from Louisville.

6-5, GREAT shooter, smart and tough, strong defender, good leader. Would fit nicely in the T.
yellowledbetter
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

an athletic wing player: Hassan Adams (though he can't shoot), Maurice Ager or Shannon Brown are guys that i'd have my eye on this early on.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

^Biased against Dean. I've seen him dissappear more than enough times. Small injury problems during a 30+ game season doesn't bode well.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject:

yellowledbetter wrote:
an athletic wing player: Hassan Adams (though he can't shoot), Maurice Ager or Shannon Brown are guys that i'd have my eye on this early on.

Here's my thing. I think Ager is the most complete 2/3 wing of the guys listed. Jumpshot, basic fundamentals both ends of the court, good size, very good athleticism. Shannon Brown is a notch below him all-around.

Adams on the other hand is like having Desmond Mason all over again. I don't see a problem with that either.

James White is just pure athletic clay.

Usually in a draft this weak, it really doesn't hurt to pick the best athlete available. Technically it still falls under the philosophy of "best player available," considering the athletic players will have more upside than those who have considerable more skill; Morrison, Redick, etc.

I forgot to mention Paul Millsap. Malik Rose II.

fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

Though the draft won't be dictated by Jackson alone (I doubt Bynum was his first choice), I do think they'll lean toward someone that has a better chance to contribute now. That doesn't mean a Madsen or Walton, I just mean they'll lean toward a guy that isn't a total project. You should take the best available player, but they could replace someone in the rotation if traded (Cook?) or lost (George?)

I know this isn't popular, but I personally still like Tiago Splitter. His stock was high a year ago, and nbadraft.net has him around 18 now. If he were to slip through the cracks he still has talent. He isn't big enough to play PF, but he has the body to match with most SFs. If he can rebound here and there it would be a nice pairing with Odom when he moves to PF for a few, and would be in the rotation if they can't resign George.

If he isn't there, Hassan Adams makes sense. Kobe could have a running mate, and if he can fill in a few minutes behind him at SG defensively they'll be okay. A guy like Paul Davis doesn't look like he has much upside, but they may take him as an extra big. If someone wants Cook as part of a deal, a good replacement would be Kevin Pittsnogle.

Maurice Ager and Rudy Fernandez would likely be gone before the Lakers pick, and I know it is early but again I wouldn't sleep on Splitter. If he was there I'd look at him. I just know that I'd hate to be the guy making the pick this year.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

I still like Tiago Splitter a lot. Unfortunately, he won't be around by the Laker pick. I can count on him for strong man defense, team defense, catching the basketball, and making the right play, even if he is a little raw.

jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

I like Josh Boone's nbadraft.net profile. Sounds like he'd be a good fit.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

If he can get a clean bill of health then I'd give a long hard look at Cedric Bozeman. He's great PG ball handling skills and is Phil big @ 6'6". Big with good handles and is a pass first guard that can also create his own shot when necessary. I think he'd be a great fit in the Tri and could play right away. And he'll definitely be available at the end of the first round.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
I have no idea where he's projected, but I really like Taquan Dean from Louisville.

6-5, GREAT shooter, smart and tough, strong defender, good leader. Would fit nicely in the T.

Not really sure where you got 6'5" from. Every other source lists him at 6'3".
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

Farmar!
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:

This is my draft board as of right now. We have the 26th and 46th pick. Things can and will change after the tourny.

1) Adam Morrison
2) LeMarcus Aldridge
3) Rudy Gay
4) Rodney Carney
5) Tyrus Thomas
6) Andrea Bargnani
7) Sheldon Williams
8) Shawn Williams
9) Rajon Rando
10) Ronnie Brewer
11) Tiago Splitter
12) Randy Foye
13) J.J. Redick
14) Hilton Armstrong
15) Mardy Collins
16) Josh Boone
17) Taj Gray
18) Guillermo Diaz
19) Darius Washington
20) Daniel Gibson
21) Marko Tomas
22) Jordan Farmar
23) Maurice Ager
24) Richard Roby
25) Taquan Dean
26) Marcus Williams
27) Paul Davis
28) Marcus Vinicus
29) Paul Millsap
30) Hassan Adams

At least one of those guys will be available for the first round and maybe another for the second round. If not my break in case of emergency second round list is ......

31) James White
32) Allan Ray
33) Brandon Roy
34) Bobby Brown
35) Quincy Douby
36) Matt Haryasz
37) Marco Killingsworth
38) Mike Gansey
39) Pops Mensah-Bonsu
40) Ivan Chiriaev
41) Terrell Everett
42) Curtis Stinson
43) Gerry McNamara
44) Rudy Fernandez
45) Dee Brown
46) Nick Fazekas
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yellowledbetter wrote:

Here's my thing. I think Ager is the most complete 2/3 wing of the guys listed. Jumpshot, basic fundamentals both ends of the court, good size, very good athleticism. Shannon Brown is a notch below him all-around.

Adams on the other hand is like having Desmond Mason all over again. I don't see a problem with that either.

Mike - Adams certainly has the athleticism, but do you think think he has the guard skills to make it as a 2 in this league. The last time the Lakers tried to make a college 3 into an NBA 2 (well, actually they tried to make him into a 1½) he ended up in Charlotte for a second round pick. Now there's no comparison between Adams's and Rush's athleticism, but still, at 6'4" (generously), he can't play SF in the NBA.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Draft 2006: Which player you wanna see in PnG? Be realistic...

I didn't realize dropping all the way down to the lottery was unrealistic. The way this season is going, Would you really be surprised if we got Morrison, Gay, or Aldridge?

Mike, where is Splitter projected to be drafted, anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject:

Splitter will be interesting, he has a contract until 2008 that he may honor and has a big buyout. He may slide in the draft.
LakerLove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I like Guillermo Diaz I heard he has a near 50" vertical.
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft 2006: Which player you wanna see in PnG? Be realistic...

Mike@LG wrote:
Afro wrote:

Josh Boone
Dee Brown
Maurice Ager
Hassan Adams
James White
Terrell Everett
Leon Powe

I want a real athletic wing that can play man D and spot up.

Or

A real backup PG with real PG triple threat PG skills who can face backup PGs without problems defensively.

yo mike what about that one cat from miami...Guillermo Diaz...supposedly he's got a 45 inch vert and from elitedraft he's got good range on his jumper...but some of the problems he has is his body control and that he's only 6'2" 190 lbs about...i haven't seen him play much so i was wondering if you had any input on him...
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft 2006: Which player you wanna see in PnG? Be realistic...

pokoy wrote:
I didn't realize dropping all the way down to the lottery was unrealistic. The way this season is going, Would you really be surprised if we got Morrison, Gay, or Aldridge?

As you know, we can drop lottery, but it needs to be top 10 to keep the pick. Would require a tremendous fall.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft 2006: Which player you wanna see in PnG? Be realistic...

TG711 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

As you know, we can drop lottery, but it needs to be top 10 to keep the pick. Would require a tremendous fall.

Well, we could also get in the top 3 with a bit of luck. But yes, it would require a tremendous fall to keep the lottery pick, and I think the guys are ready to do it. They've been working toward it all season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft 2006: Which player you wanna see in PnG? Be realistic...

pokoy wrote:
TG711 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Well, we could also get in the top 3 with a bit of luck. But yes, it would require a tremendous fall to keep the lottery pick, and I think the guys are ready to do it. They've been working toward it all season.

Word

If we have pick 10, do we keep it? Or would we only keep 1-9?

I want a lotto pick. No way I want to see LAL thrashed by the Spurs with nothing to show for it for next year.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
If he can get a clean bill of health then I'd give a long hard look at Cedric Bozeman. He's great PG ball handling skills and is Phil big @ 6'6". Big with good handles and is a pass first guard that can also create his own shot when necessary. I think he'd be a great fit in the Tri and could play right away. And he'll definitely be available at the end of the first round.

Bozeman is overrated. He's declined since he got out of HS.

Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Bozeman is overrated. He's declined since he got out of HS.

Like most players recruited by Lavin. Not all, but most.

His pg skills at his height were GREAT for HS. Marginal for college. Then injuries. Won't hack it in NBA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131  Next
Page 1 of 131
Jump to: