OT - Mystery Black Box To Be Opened By Stern on Draft Night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
its either a new ball design or new logo....

No new logo! No, no , no! Unless it is Kobe, then maybe just maybe. You can't diss Mr Clutch like that. Maybe it will be a world ball, since the NBA is drafting players from all over the world!
#8kobe#24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
its a basetball, they haved used it in some camps already, has lesser grip and reduces shooting percentages, suggests players to shoot more mid range jumpers and more drives to the hole- basically stuff that play to the strengths of Dwayne Wade's game...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/news/uploads/newball.jpg

if this is true and the refs keep making the calls they did in the finals, wade is gonna beat chamberlain's record only with points from the line
theGR8est
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Black box

I hope its not a stupid looking wnba ball that he wants the nba to use, or something really dumb like a ball with a camera inside
Choson1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

that would be cool if they coated the ball next season with slime so no one can get a good grip on it! STERN DO IT!!
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

This better not be something stupid like a new ball with less grip. That is really going to mess up nba players, college players, and not to mention every kid in the world who dreams of becoming an nba player. Everyone is going to have to buy new balls and i think this will really ruin the game if its true.
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:

At least we don't have to worry about the Suns next year.

Amen to that!
BygDaddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

It's going to be Wade's jock that he can sniff or a Go to the line free card for Wade.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

It is a new way of drafting. "Now do you want the draft pick or what's in the mystery box?"
tdnet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

hmmm this is not good , ANYONE remember in the allstar kobe was missing all those jumpers? I especially remember that wide open 3 he had where he hit nothing but backboard..... he shot a horrible percentage... i dont know about this new ball thing , kobes percentage is already low enough.
Yarryl
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't matter, you take some time to practice with the new ball and you'll probably get near your shooting % in time. About 1000 jumpers each day should do the trick.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Top 10 Things that may be Revealed From Inside Stern's Mystery Black Box:

10. David Blaine. He has been inside the box for more than a week now. Incredible.

9. There is a hole on the backside of the box and Stern is going to cover his finger with a little ketchup and stick it in the hole. When the camera zooms in, he will wiggle his finger to try to freak you out.

8. The new 6-second shot clock. Stern will do anything to increase the pace of the game. Guys nicknamed "Speedy" will see their value shoot way up this off season.

7. Magic. No not the ex-Laker. Stern loves magic tricks. He will try to pull a rabbit out of the box, cut it in half and make it whole again. It's been years of long, horrifically violent practice, but apparently he finally got it down. (Who knew you didn't really cut the rabbit in half?)

6. The New NBA Handpuppet.

5. The mask of Spiderman. Haven't you heard? Spiderman is finally revealing his true identity to the public. For years, Stern has dressed up as Spiderman while conducting work in his NBA office. Employees were too scared to say anything to him about it. Now, he's made these elaborate plans to reveal his "secret identity" in order to coincide with the comic book.

4. The new NBA offseason mascot ... Cracky --->

3. One word... "Kobenium". Secretly taken from the sweaty socks after Kobe dropped 81 points on Toronto and later bought on eBay, this new element will soon be added to the Period Table of the Elements.

2. A new NBA publication called the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Dummies. Stern printed off Larry Coon's FAQ and added some illustrations (basically pictures of lawyers and agents trying to explain the finer points with the use of laser pointers. Not very helpful.) It will be passed out to fans at games prior to the February trade deadline.

1. Mark Cuban's freshly harvested nads. Stern will announce that they were removed from Cuban shortly after the Finals. It was a unanimous vote, 1-0, in favor of removal. This is part of Stern's new Anti-Ref Complaining/Who's the Byatch Now policy.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject:

I now present to you... THE NEW NBA LOGO!!!!!

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/51/7f/Official_Referee_Whistle_Hockey_In_line_Skating-resized200.gif
KB0024
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject:

If in that box is the stupid new ball I might stop watching NBA from now on.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

I need a explanation. How does a ball reduce shooting percentage? Is the ball bigger so theres less of a chance for the ball to go in the basket.

Thanks.
ALbino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:

It has more bounce so it's less forgiving when hitting the rim or backboard.

AL.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:

Judging by how they say it will change how we watch the game, my guess is a fiber-optic camera setup for players to wear during games. That stuff's so small now, they could probably wear them on headbands
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:

There is a camera inside the game ball now......
PhunkyPhil
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

It's a clear ball.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

1. Mark Cuban's freshly harvested nads. Stern will announce that they were removed from Cuban shortly after the Finals. It was a unanimous vote, 1-0, in favor of removal. This is part of Stern's new Anti-Ref Complaining/Who's the Byatch Now policy.

That's funny .
ValisJason
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

mbloves L.A. wrote:
It is a new way of drafting. "Now do you want the draft pick or what's in the mystery box?"

DEAL OR NO DEAL?

Howie: I'll give you Marcus Banks right now for that Box ... the Box may contain LeBron James ... or it may contain Sasha Vujacic as your starting guard. Deal or no Deal!?

Mitch: I'll take the Box! Come on LeBron!

Howie: Oh, Im sorry, its Sasha!

Congratulations, and thanks for playing, Deal or No Deal!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
This better not be something stupid like a new ball with less grip. That is really going to mess up nba players, college players, and not to mention every kid in the world who dreams of becoming an nba player. Everyone is going to have to buy new balls and i think this will really ruin the game if its true.
I refuse, I'm keeping what I have!
ACGreen'svcard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

craziness i noticed the poor outside shooting and the mishandling of the ball during the all star game. its like the old wilson ball they played w in the 70s. forces guys to play faster paced takin mid range jumpers, less dribbling and more ball movement. one thing is tho wade will have even more trouble dribbling the ball, only thing is will the ref actually call a carry?
Get tough players. Attack the rim. Get an atheltic physical big. Get highly intuitive players. Get players that understand help defense. Draft Lonzo Ball. Move Dangelo to the two or trade him or have him come off the bench like ginoboli or harden '11.
ValisJason
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

I have heard that the new ball is causing guys to shoot worse. I assume its because of less grip on the ball, as some have said. I can see that the league is trying to cut down on the one on one play and three point shooting. (Rant: Not that this will do it. And the league had a team in the Mavs that was the perfect example of the new style of play the league wants, and then the refs went and gave it away to the lone slasher carrying his team, Wade.)

If thats true, how will it affect the Lakers? We are not a team built on outside shooting anyway. And, the triangle is designed to facilitate good ball movement.

I dont think it will adversely affect the Suns as they are about making the pass ... pass ... pass ... pass shoot. Their game is designed around penetration and passing.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

the ball is good for us, because we want to shoot midrange jumpers and our offense is about movement and you have to move this ball, but the ball will help fastbreaks accept it would be harder for one guy to dominate the ball (like Wade) because of the lesser grip
ACGreen'svcard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

no this ball will help w the triangle, but not w kwame hands. man he is goin to have some trouble w this ball
Get tough players. Attack the rim. Get an atheltic physical big. Get highly intuitive players. Get players that understand help defense. Draft Lonzo Ball. Move Dangelo to the two or trade him or have him come off the bench like ginoboli or harden '11.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: