More ups - Gerald Green (Boston) or J White?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeroakuma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

^That's what I was aiming for. His skills and intangibles is what scouts also worry about, but the main thing of importance is his body. He only dunks it when it is during a fastbreak where there is a small chance the dude will get clobbered.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

have him workout with Kobe, his coaches says he has a great work ethic, problem solved....
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Eh. He's been in college 5 years. You'd think he'd be a lottery pick with the great work ethic...

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully, the Lakers will get a player, who works on having a complete game and progresses into becoming a contributor.
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling the Lakers are probaly going to pass up on James White and pick a international player.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Maybe if we draft White he can drive ticket sales for the NBDL team. It's not like Phil will be giving him minutes this year anyway.

Seriously though, doesn't White's game translate well into the pros? I can't wait to see him drive on Wade and jump into him drawing the foul.
SterlPearl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject:

I've watched White for years, as I'm from Louisville and Cincy is a bitter rival. He can't handle the ball. He's actually played some point for Cincy, but he always looked shaky doing it. Not sure if fear of taking the hit is what his problem is.

I think he simply lacks the ballhandling ability (or confidence in his handle) to create the momentum necessary to slam on someone or finish in traffic. That's sad because he's a one-foot jumper who can take off from ridiculous distances and still finish above the rim.

That being said, his jumper is improved, he can defend a little and he's a natural wing. If he can develop enough handles to be an effective slasher and he continues to improve his shooting, he could be a good (not great) NBA player. I'm thinking 15 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg at best. A poor man's Eddie Jones (much less skilled, way more athletic).

The thing about skinny, long-armed wing players is if they don't have a natural smoothness to their handle (think Marquis Daniels), their wispy frames make them very susceptible to ballhandling mistakes because they can't use their bodies to effectively shield defenders.
LA-SPORTS-GUY
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

"White will be the first player in history to dunk from the free throw line in an NBA Regulation game. If my life was on the line with the greatest dunkers, DUNKERS in history, Id take White in a heartbeat"

If my memory serves me corectly, Eddie Jones dunk in a game from the free throw line,,,, Not sure if it was a season or pre season game..

Does anyone remember that? Chick had a great call of it

"JOOOOONES, FROM THE FREE THROW LINE!!!!!!!!!"
LA-SPORTS-GUY
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

just found the clip, Not quite free throw line, but still pretty good...

last one of 3 clips,....first 2 are pretty good too
Chrome Hearts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

LA-SPORTS-GUY wrote:
just found the clip, Not quite free throw line, but still pretty good...

last one of 3 clips,....first 2 are pretty good too

MY GOD!!! SAM BOWIE SIGHTING!!!
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
he has all the superstar tools, but mentally they say he's never thought like a superstar which is what had the college analyst so frustrated, they say he could have been a superstar, but with PJax and Kobe I think it could help him mentally, they say potential wise, athleticism-wise, and skillset wise James White is a top 3 pick in this draft...

^^now see thats a lie. skill set? High jumper, very good rebounder(but still not 10+ per in college with shorter/smaller guys), good defense (but not a great AK47/ Ben wallace type of shot blocker, doesnt have the timing even with all those Hops, cant dribble well enough to make a move from the perimeter to the basket on a decent defender, couldn't shoot that well from the 3pt line in college. can't expect better in the nba for a good 2 to 3 years. granted we do have hodges, so anything is possible. He's not a great passer, just average at best.

So what skillset/ Dunking and.........................? Even if he thought like a superstar but didn't work on his game to become one. he would still be All Hops. all hops turns into Back problems/knee problems.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Skill set:

Spot up shooting.
Fundamental passing.
Above average rebounding from a SG position.
Ability to defend 1-3 match lateral quickness and length.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Skill set:

Spot up shooting.
Fundamental passing.

Miiiiike. Come on now. lets be realistic. spot up shooting??????????? his shot is probably as reliable as a college big man with a decent jumper..... FOR A BIGMAN. that isn't anything to talk about. they say Andre Iggie has a spot up shot. sometimes he does, and other times he doesn't. but okay, let this slide.

fundamental passing? now thats a joke. what is that supposed to mean? if you dont have fundamental passing after more then 2 years in college. Shame on you, and more shame on some fool trying to draft u.

Seriously mike, is that a skillset, or should that not even been something you discuss, unless the guy can't make a fundamentally sound pass?

so can defend all perimeter spots. and good rebounder for his so called position. when in college he could actually be a SF or PF. depending on the team needs. now do you think he will still be getting these same boards, against guys his size or taller. Prince has 2 inches on em, so does AK47, Rashard Lewis has 3 on em. T-back has 2 inches on em as well. just asking.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Skill set:

Spot up shooting.
Fundamental passing.

Miiiiike. Come on now. lets be realistic. spot up shooting??????????? his shot is probably as reliable as a college big man with a decent jumper..... FOR A BIGMAN. that isn't anything to talk about. they say Andre Iggie has a spot up shot. sometimes he does, and other times he doesn't. but okay, let this slide.

fundamental passing? now thats a joke. what is that supposed to mean? if you dont have fundamental passing after more then 2 years in college. Shame on you, and more shame on some fool trying to draft u.

Seriously mike, is that a skillset, or should that not even been something you discuss, unless the guy can't make a fundamentally sound pass?

so can defend all perimeter spots. and good rebounder for his so called position. when in college he could actually be a SF or PF. depending on the team needs. now do you think he will still be getting these same boards, against guys his size or taller. Prince has 2 inches on em, so does AK47, Rashard Lewis has 3 on em. T-back has 2 inches on em as well. just asking.

A lot of college players can't pass for crap.

Yet again, just like Banks, you don't like White so your trying to take away the good things he brings and make them into negatives.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: