With the 26th pick....%*)$#!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: With the 26th pick....%*)$#!

You ever notice whenever they hold the draft in NY, doesn't matter who they pick, the crowd will boo regardless. By tomorrow, assuming no deal was made to trade up, which players at 26 will make you moan and cuss at the television and cursed out Mitch Kupchak? Jordan Farmer is my choice. He's a local product and a fellow Bruin, but I've seen enough of UCLA games to know his shortcomings. Very suspect jumper, turnover prone, despite the vertical measured in camp, lacks elite athleticism. If he falls and become available, I have a bad feeling Mitch will snap him up because of his "intangibles" and the fact that he's a local product.
buphead
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: With the 26th pick....%*)$#!

DocK36 wrote:
You ever notice whenever they hold the draft in NY, doesn't matter who they pick, the crowd will boo regardless. By tomorrow, assuming no deal was made to trade up, which players at 26 will make you moan and cuss at the television and cursed out Mitch Kupchak? Jordan Farmer is my choice. He's a local product and a fellow Bruin, but I've seen enough of UCLA games to know his shortcomings. Very suspect jumper, turnover prone, despite the vertical measured in camp, lacks elite athleticism. If he falls and become available, I have a bad feeling Mitch will snap him up because of his "intangibles" and the fact that he's a local product.

Definitely agreed.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Farmar, James Augustine, and Kevin Pittsnogle
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject:

Have the New York fans cheered anyone after Ewing? I think Lampe got cheered, but that was because he was projected lottery, but fell due to buyout issues. The fans felt they had a steal.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject:

As I've maintained for some time, I could definitely see the Lakers drafting Farmar. Teams in general prefer local collegiate product, with the belief that it will help convert the college's alum into fans. But most of all his NCAA Championship game placed him in the category of players who actually show up for big games. Most of our roster was MIA during game 7 of the Phoenix series, with the exception of Kobe and Turiaf. To change that dynamic, they'll need guys willing to exert themselves like Sasha (Mitch's stated example).
Snappern
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject:

isn't the draft always in NY?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: