Have no faith in the lakers after the draft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Have no faith in the lakers after the draft

Picking farmar and passing on Alexander Johnson, Ager, and White is so stupid. I can't believe good prospects like Gansey, Gray, and Washington didn't get drafted. The lakers better go after one or two of those guys if they want to make up for the stupid pick of Farmar.

This draft has killed all my faith in what was once a slight possibility they have a good offseason. Instead I'm brought back to reality to face the grim truth that it's going to be the same old crap. BLAH!!!
ErMonnezza
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm very disappointed with our picks

I'm from Italy and I passed all the night in front of my tv for this draft.
when stern said that name I was so upset!!!!!!!

a lazy draft choice....I mean , kupchak didn't try to look for an eddie jones or an AC green at #26 , and passed guys like Ager(!) m. vinicius white....

my only joy tonight was to see my mate bargnani being 1st pick , an unbelievable reach for italian basketball...and next year there will be Belinelli in the top 10 picks.....
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject:

It's funny, but every draft expert had Farmar going ahead of those guys... but you two experts think they are all wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject:

Yea and they also had daniel gibson going ahead of the lakers pick at one time, does that mean he's better than Ager, white, and johnson? It's a mock draft not a ranking. Renaldo Balkman was drafted 20th, he must be better than Rondo, Williams, lowry, ager, and so on. I guess since I don't have a web site my opinion is meaningless, sorry for having one.
Flatlyner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

Yes, I HATED this draft. We blew it big time.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
It's funny, but every draft expert had Farmar going ahead of those guys... but you two experts think they are all wrong.

Yeah but TEAMS that actually saw him up close passed on him. Those so-called "draft experts" are nothing more than speculators who receive information second-handed. If these guys had any scouting talent, they'd be working for teams, not websites.

I hate how Mitch ALWAYS gets suckered into going after the guys who drop. Once in a while, you find a diamond in the rough, but for the most part these guys drop for a reason. The one consolation I have is that they actually worked out Farmar twice.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Bandwagoneers, (bleep) you.
lakerfanatic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I have faith in Phil and the team! What I don't have faith in is our brainless GM!!!!
Mad Professor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Really disappointed in all the negativity around here since the draft.

All of the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately "Laker fans" think they know more about prospective NBA players than the Lakers talent evaluators do... If you hate the owner and management of our team so bad, there are 29 other NBA teams to root for. Jeez.
themaster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

i think Farmar was a great pick hes a pure point guard he has poise and he led his team to the national championship game
props to Mitch!
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Mad Professor wrote:
Really disappointed in all the negativity around here since the draft.

All of the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately "Laker fans" think they know more about prospective NBA players than the Lakers talent evaluators do... If you hate the owner and management of our team so bad, there are 29 other NBA teams to root for. Jeez.

I don't "hate" anyone!!!! Look, I'm sorry for having an opinion, I'm sure it's much easier to be a homer fan that agrees with everything the FO does and not think for yourself, but I prefer to form my own opinions and think for myself.
Mad Professor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I prefer to form my own opinions and think for myself.

Yeah, I can tell. :roll:
ryuvienco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

Wow... did you guys go to the predraft camp in orlando and were you there at the private workouts that the Lakers held? Most likely not... For you guys to complain and whine about the draft is ridiculous. I believe that they picked the best available player at that spot. I was not disappointed at all at this draft. The knicks fan should be the only one complaining... Mitch is not J. West, get over it. :roll:
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

I'm backing down on the Farmar negativity, I would like to change my stance. Even though there were other picks I liked a lot more, doesn't make him a bad pick. Liking 2-3 players more is not that big of a deal and is no reason for me to get so upset, it's only the 26th pick after all (even though I believe there is always 1-3 quality players available late in the draft as history shows).

I think Farmar has decent size with good passing, handling, and intangibles but, lacks the quickness and strength to keep up with the guards of the nba. I fear both on the offensive and defensive end he's going to have trouble keeping up witht he speed and strength of these guys, just an example against washington when he was being defended by brandon roy he gave up 7 turnovers. When he couldn't get past some of these guys he was forcing wild passes. So that is a concern as to whether he can improve on his turnovers or not, but that's where I think the triangle is going to help. There will be less of a need for him to drive and create, but if he's going to succeed in other areas than just passing he has to improve his shot and shot selection. I don't know if it's going to be possible for him to improve his defense, but he's going to have to find a way because right now it's just simply not enough for what the lakers need. I think the most accurate comparison I've heard is Luke Ridnour except without LR's shot coming our of college. Like Ridnour they both had great vision, passing, and leadership intangibles, but athleticism was sub par. However players like John Stockton always leave the doors open for guys like Farmar and Ridnour.

So in conclusion I think Farmar is a "hit or miss" prospect, he does have good starting potential, but I think he can bust just as easily and not even become much of a role player (a lot of that has to do with him being a sophomore and the potential of his best has yet to come). So I'm in a "wait and see" mode and I think it's not a bad pick at all (how many 26th picks have real starting potential like him). I can't wait to see him in the summer pro league coming up shortly.

Sorry for my reactionary whining, sometimes I overreact and get too emotional to things that don't go the way I want them to instead of just thinking about it a little more like what I have done now.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:

Kobe ran with him at UCLA, Farmar impressed at the combines and then really impressed at individual workouts, and then the Lakers picked him. The draft is always a crap-shoot, but it seems that everyone who saw this guy liked him more and more. He is smart, tough, professional, showed improvement and coachability, played under a hard-nosed caoach who ran a very tight offensive system in Howland, and seems to be prepared to be a professional. His big knocks were athleticism (which he disproved), his jump shot, and turnovers. His jump shot and turnovers must improve. But they certainly would have under Howland, so why wouldn't they under Phil? If he had stayed in college through his senior year, he would be a top 5 player. Give him a little time, I think he has all of the skills to be a good NBA point guard. Good pick at 26.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

Based on what he's doing in the SPL and Tex Winter's comments, this Farmar can play! He's even beginning to look like he might be a real steal.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I'm backing down on the Farmar negativity, I would like to change my stance. Even though there were other picks I liked a lot more, doesn't make him a bad pick. Liking 2-3 players more is not that big of a deal and is no reason for me to get so upset, it's only the 26th pick after all (even though I believe there is always 1-3 quality players available late in the draft as history shows).

I think Farmar has decent size with good passing, handling, and intangibles but, lacks the quickness and strength to keep up with the guards of the nba. I fear both on the offensive and defensive end he's going to have trouble keeping up witht he speed and strength of these guys, just an example against washington when he was being defended by brandon roy he gave up 7 turnovers. When he couldn't get past some of these guys he was forcing wild passes. So that is a concern as to whether he can improve on his turnovers or not, but that's where I think the triangle is going to help. There will be less of a need for him to drive and create, but if he's going to succeed in other areas than just passing he has to improve his shot and shot selection. I don't know if it's going to be possible for him to improve his defense, but he's going to have to find a way because right now it's just simply not enough for what the lakers need. I think the most accurate comparison I've heard is Luke Ridnour except without LR's shot coming our of college. Like Ridnour they both had great vision, passing, and leadership intangibles, but athleticism was sub par. However players like John Stockton always leave the doors open for guys like Farmar and Ridnour.

So in conclusion I think Farmar is a "hit or miss" prospect, he does have good starting potential, but I think he can bust just as easily and not even become much of a role player (a lot of that has to do with him being a sophomore and the potential of his best has yet to come). So I'm in a "wait and see" mode and I think it's not a bad pick at all (how many 26th picks have real starting potential like him). I can't wait to see him in the summer pro league coming up shortly.

Sorry for my reactionary whining, sometimes I overreact and get too emotional to things that don't go the way I want them to instead of just thinking about it a little more like what I have done now.

Good post. It isn't very often on this site that people admit to changing their opinion.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject:

The third game in four days was another good one for Jordan Farmar.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject:

It seems there was some underestimation of Jordan Farmar.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject:

^That was unnecessary.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^That was unnecessary.

but it sure is funny.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: