Calling All Burrito Headz - List The Best Spots For Burritos!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
Freebirds. Isla Vista, Ca.

El Taquarita Rincon in IV and in Carpernteria. The best pastor I have ever had.

Speaking of food, I had the best thing I have ever eaten for lunch today. A Cha Cha Roll at Marina Sushi in Ventura. A tempura shrimp wrapped with cucumber and rice, then wrapped with river eel and avocado. Topped with an eel sauce. Damn, that was as close to heaven as I have ever been.

I was with you until you got to the eel. That stuff skeeves me out.

All this burrito talk. I gotta get me one now.
Pajamahadeen
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Where one relaxes on the axis of the wheels of life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Chipotle does use organic ingredients at every single store, but they are so large now that they cannot get enough organic product for each item on their menu. Some of their stores are able to guarantee that all of the Chicken, Pork, and Beef are raised by organic critereon. (No growth hormones, Etc.) I say they "Strive" for this because Chipotle, more than any other company in the world, is increasing demand for organic products. So much so, that they need to purchase more than what the market can currently supply. Strive is not, as you say, "bullcrap". It is the reality of the marketplace.

chipotle is a public company. If they wanted their produce and beef made a certain way, they can grow it themselves like so many chain restaurants do. Millions upon millions in sales make this possible. Maybe as a shareholder you can make a couple phone calls and ask if they need help?

Quote:
If you think Chipotle's burritos taste, or look like a salad, that proves two things. One, you don't know (until now) what organic means. Two, you've never had a burrito from Chipotle, which defeats your non-authentic, "sub-par" argument. (Because you've never even tried it, now have you.) There is nothing salad like about a Chipotle burrito.

All those frisco burritos are unauthentic. All of em. And subpar, too. I've eaten at both place and I can tell you this, White rice with lime on it.... unauthentic and subpar.

Foofy burritos

May Jerry Buss drink the blood of every Celtic, Sp*r and Phoenix team player!

January 20, 2009<------- When John McCain is sworn in as President.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject:

El gavilan lunch truck on gage
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject:

TNLakersFan wrote:
If anyone is ever in Knoxville...... Burrito Diablo!

Believe me, I wish I had the money to fly back.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Edienstag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Ocho speaks the truth. Greatest burrito ever. Monster chicken, extra bbq sauce. Ugh, now I'm going to have to go up there soon.

I've driven an hour and a half just to go there. I so miss living in IV and going there a few times a week. They even are in the Guiness Book of World Records for their burrito.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
El gavilan lunch truck on gage

Word. Lunch trucks don't get nearly enough credit. There's something about the extra grease in a lonchera burrito that makes it better.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Edienstag wrote:
ocho wrote:

Ocho speaks the truth. Greatest burrito ever. Monster chicken, extra bbq sauce. Ugh, now I'm going to have to go up there soon.

No, no, no, NO! Barbecue sauce! BARBECUE SAUCE!? What vile treachery is this? When barbecue sauce touches burrito, it cease being a burrito and becomes an abomination before God.
Pajamahadeen
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Where one relaxes on the axis of the wheels of life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Edienstag wrote:
ocho wrote:

No, no, no, NO! Barbecue sauce! BARBECUE SAUCE!? What vile treachery is this? When barbecue sauce touches burrito, it cease being a burrito and becomes an abomination before God.

Thank you! Thank you!

Add barbeque sauce to a burrito and it becomes a foofy burrito!

May Jerry Buss drink the blood of every Celtic, Sp*r and Phoenix team player!

January 20, 2009<------- When John McCain is sworn in as President.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Pajamahadeen wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Chipotle does use organic ingredients at every single store, but they are so large now that they cannot get enough organic product for each item on their menu. Some of their stores are able to guarantee that all of the Chicken, Pork, and Beef are raised by organic critereon. (No growth hormones, Etc.) I say they "Strive" for this because Chipotle, more than any other company in the world, is increasing demand for organic products. So much so, that they need to purchase more than what the market can currently supply. Strive is not, as you say, "bullcrap". It is the reality of the marketplace.

chipotle is a public company. If they wanted their produce and beef made a certain way, they can grow it themselves like so many chain restaurants do. Millions upon millions in sales make this possible. Maybe as a shareholder you can make a couple phone calls and ask if they need help?

Quote:
If you think Chipotle's burritos taste, or look like a salad, that proves two things. One, you don't know (until now) what organic means. Two, you've never had a burrito from Chipotle, which defeats your non-authentic, "sub-par" argument. (Because you've never even tried it, now have you.) There is nothing salad like about a Chipotle burrito.

All those frisco burritos are unauthentic. All of em. And subpar, too. I've eaten at both place and I can tell you this, White rice with lime on it.... unauthentic and subpar.

Foofy burritos

Right, because public companies have the power to do anything! Of course, why not, they should go into the farming business, and the poultry business, they should raise their own cattle and hogs! Just like McDon...er...just like Carls j....em. Hm...what chain restaurants are you talking about exactly?

Funny how you've backed away from saying that their burritos taste like a salad...unless you are eating white rice and lime salads somewhere. (How foofy!)

Let's put your argument into some international perspective:

German: That grilled Dodger Dog is not authentic! This is not a sausage! Are you putting Ketchup on that!!!
Chinese: Beef with Broccoli at PF Changs? Sub par, and not authentic!
Italian: New York pizza...this is not authentic pizza. Neither is Chicago pizza. All pizza must have a thin crust...it should be light...Pizza with bell peppers and pepperoni? Are you crazy? Don't give me these foofy pizzas!
You: "White rice with lime on it...unauthentic and subpar."

I get it now. All foods must never adapt, be refined, or altered in any way from the place from which they originally came. They must remain "authentic". Unauthentic is bad. Anything that is not authentic is also subpar. Unauthentic+subpar=foofy.

Let me tell you all about Chipotle's "food with integrity" program. I'll just take it straight from their website: "The hallmarks of Food With Integrity include things like unprocessed, seasonal, family-farmed, sustainable, nutritious, naturally raised, added hormone free, organic, and artisanal. And, since embracing this philosophy, it's had tremendous impact on how we run our restaurants and our business. It's led us to serve more naturally raised meat than any other restaurant in the country, to push for more sustainable practices in produce farming, and to work with dairy suppliers to eliminate the use of added hormones from their operations."

Of course, who cares if it doesn't make the food better, right? Call it what you will...I think it's a damned good burrito, and the lines out the door tell me that I'm not alone. So you don't like it...oh well, you can't please everyone all the time. I hate lima beans...some people love them.

Last edited by Surfitall on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edienstag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Edienstag wrote:
ocho wrote:

Nope. It's the greatest burrito ever. And it's not stinkin' normal bbq sauce like on ribs. It's spanish style. People across the country pay extra and Freebird's will ship their burrito's to them packed in dry ice. It's incredible. Go up there and try it. If you don't like it I'll refund your money myself. (so long as you agree to bring me one)
Edienstag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Pajamahadeen wrote:
Exick wrote:
Edienstag wrote:
ocho wrote:

Thank you! Thank you!

Add barbeque sauce to a burrito and it becomes a foofy burrito!

Try it. It's not Bullseye type of bbq sauce. Next time you go up to Santa Barbara give it a try. You'll thank me.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE: Anybody got any to add?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Yup. They are in Texas too.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I dig a place called Cilantro, in the cut near where LaTijera meets Sepulveda...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject:

^^ I'm down the street from there right now...is it close to the In & Out?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Ionic Burrito in Spokane is quite tasty! Used to be called Sonic Burrito until Sonic moved into town (boo!). THey will make you a burrito as big as your head, and there are about a million made-from-scratch ingredients choices.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:

Sorry I didn't see this earlier...Yeah right down the street, on the little street that leads into the shopping center with the Ralphs...It's one light south of La Tijera and Sepulveda...
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject:

alertos on brookhurst/mcfadden has good fish burritos
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
TNLakersFan wrote:
If anyone is ever in Knoxville...... Burrito Diablo!

Believe me, I wish I had the money to fly back.

hey, I'm going to Knoxville next month for the UCLA/Tennessee game. I'll try this place out
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject:

cinimod wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

Sorry I didn't see this earlier...Yeah right down the street, on the little street that leads into the shopping center with the Ralphs...It's one light south of La Tijera and Sepulveda...

Ok, cool. Thanks.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject:

i like king taco and wahoo's

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject:

El Tarasco (Westchester, El Porto hole-in-the-wall, El Segundo).

Get the Super Deluxe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: