Best/Favorite iPhone/iPod Touch Apps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Best/Favorite iPhone/iPod Touch Apps

I figured I would start this thread to consolidate all the iPhone/Touch apps posts/reviews... so post your favs and best here.

Below are two post I posted in other threads in regards to the iPhone/Touch apps:

Quote:
Love the NY Times App, as well as Bloomberg (Stock quote, Market news, etc.).

AOL Radio - very hot, not only does it have stations like WFAN out NYC, ESPN Radio, but there are stations dedicated to Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, Tupac, Radiohead (Ocho this one is for you), Biggie Stations, etc. (there just too many to list), it also has a S load of Radio Station from NY to Seattle to Cali, and all point in between, like KROQ & KROQ2 out of LA). This app makes my iTouch the ultimate music player... there are 100's of stations (Listing of available AOL Radio Stations Channels & listings of CBS Radio Stations avaliable).

Pandora Radio - Custom radio, for example I have Incubus Radio and Subsoniq RADIO (The Hip Hop that is missing from Radio, BET, & MTV) - This is one of my favs...

Sports Tap (everything you need to know about the sports world stats, standings, etc for just about every sports league)

Movies (view movie trailers, movie/theater times, and you can buy tickets)

Weather Bug (has doppler radar)

Truveo Video Search (CNN News, Slate, etc.).

One of the coolest app is Remote, just sick....

Since I posted the above, I've gotten rid of Truveo Video Search, Movies (replaced it with Box Office)

but have added SudokuFree, and Myspace.

My favorite app is Pandora.... I really don't use AOL Radio because of it"

Quote:
I will probably purchase a 3G iPhone in a month or so (I current have a iTouch). And because I have great 3G coverage (something everybody should check before cracking open their wallet), I will be able to use Pandora and AOL Radio while driving (my XM contract is up in January, if Pandora and AOL Radio is a viable alternative, inconjuction with various podcasts (i.e.ESPN's PTI, NPR, etc.), I will probably cancel my XM subscription).

Since the merger of XM & SIRI, I will back off my statement for now, but it is still a possiblity I might drop it because of Pandora...

For the gear heads out there (Mike@LG), has anybody tried Dynolicious?

Quote:
Dynolicious utilizes the accelerometer built in to your iPhone or iPod Touch to sense the motion of your vehicle. This data is sampled as many as one hundred times per second, developing a detailed picture of the car's acceleration. This information is then used to determine the speed of the vehicle and the distance travelled. Due to the unique hardware integrated into the iPhone, this can all be done with no setup, wires, or extra equipment!

NY Times and Bloomberg are apps I use alot as well...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject:

BoxOffice is cool
So is Facebook
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Aurora Feint is a really addicting game (and it's free!)
Remote
Pandora
WordPress (can blog right from the phone)
Box Office
Crash Bandicoot Racing
Sudoku
Super Monkey Ball
Dial Zero (will tell you what button sequence to push for most 800 numbers in order to get a person on the phone.)
To Do
Tap Tap Revenge
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Remote
Pandora
Quote:

Box Office
Crash Bandicoot Racing
Sudoku
Super Monkey Ball
Dial Zero (will tell you what button sequence to push for most 800 numbers in order to get a person on the phone.)
To Do
Tap Tap Revenge

Or subscribe to a WordPress Blog

Does anybody know of an app that will allow you always see your wallpaper (on the Home Screen behind the icons)?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
ocho wrote:
Remote
Pandora
Quote:

Box Office
Crash Bandicoot Racing
Sudoku
Super Monkey Ball
To Do
Tap Tap Revenge

Or subscribe to a WordPress Blog

Does anybody know of an app that will allow you always see your wallpaper (on the Home Screen behind the icons)?

not that i know of. that was a trick with the jailbroken versions.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject:

^^ Yea, I was hoping one was buried in the App Store and I just missed it...
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Are there any apps so that I can make a song my ringtone?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject:

DataCase is a very nice app... it basically turns your iPhone/iTouch into a wireless flash drive.

Quote:
DataCase keeps your files close by turning your iPhone or iPod Touch into a hand held wireless drive. Keep your data with you wherever you go and access it when and where you need, on any available computer (Mac, PC, Linux), no upload program or server configuration necessary.

Quote:
No computer available? Why not view your files on your iPhone! DataCase makes it easy to view your Documents, Audio, Video, and Photos. Sneak a peak at your Powerpoint Document, Re-Read your Word Document, Review that PDF, Check your Excel spreadsheet. View your files, no computer necessary.

Demo video are available in the link...

Link
aluolaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:

you can do it yourself manually for free,

the guys a douche, but it works. also, i use a separate program to edit the song lengths, but itunes works too
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject:

Voicenotes
Wordpress
ScoresMobile
Day Bank
Enigmo
HoldEm
Blackjack21
Remote
Yelp
LA Traffic Cam
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject:

aluolaker wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:

the guys a douche, but it works. also, i use a separate program to edit the song lengths, but itunes works too

Sweet, thank for that bud.
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
aluolaker wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:

Sweet, thank for that bud.

2 clicks in Garageband.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Shazzam
Twitterifc
2 Across
Google
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject:

Please help...I updated my iPhone (2.02) and now NONE of my apps work. They appear to start up for a second, and then it just quits back to main screen. Anyone else having this problem?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject:

Teamof2000 wrote:
Please help...I updated my iPhone (2.02) and now NONE of my apps work. They appear to start up for a second, and then it just quits back to main screen. Anyone else having this problem?

Did you try resetting the iPhone (holding down the Home and On/Off buttons for 5 - 7 seconds)?

If worse comes to worses, reset the iPhone (wiping it cleaning).
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Teamof2000 wrote:

Did you try resetting the iPhone (holding down the Home and On/Off buttons for 5 - 7 seconds)?

It's funny, I just deleted and re-downloaded one of my apps, and now all apps work again. Not sure what that was all about...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject:

I ordered an iPhone online on Saturday, I got in the mail yesterday, and I love it. It definitely has its short-comings (battery life, the fact that you can't run most apps in the background, copy and paste, video recording), but the benefits/features outweighs those short-comings by a long shot.

I haven't had the issues with the 3G Network like other has stated. And lucky for me, AT&T has an antenna specifically installed in the building I work at, so signal coverage is no problem what so ever when I'm at work. At home I have one room that I get zero signals, the kitchen, other than that, its smooth sailing (knock on wood).

I love the fact that I can drive and stream/listen to Pandora and AOL Radio. Now I pray Pandora doesn't go away because of the fees SoundExchange is charging for each listener. I'm also playing with Simplify, which will allow me access to my entire music collection remotely and stream it to my iPhone.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject:

Teamof2000 wrote:
TACH wrote:
Teamof2000 wrote:

It's funny, I just deleted and re-downloaded one of my apps, and now all apps work again. Not sure what that was all about...

Somebody mentioned in another thread how (specifically) the Facebook App made their iPhone run like a dog. Once it was deleted, everything worked fine... I'm sure that is the case with some other apps as well...
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Teamof2000 wrote:
TACH wrote:
Teamof2000 wrote:

Somebody mentioned in another thread how (specifically) the Facebook App made their iPhone run like a dog. Once it was deleted, everything worked fine... I'm sure that is the case with some other apps as well...

Besides Facebook, other apps have been reported as screwing up the phone. This is the reason many apps have already been removed from the store.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject:

I think somebody might have posted this in another thread...

I finally got around to installing Simplify Media and it works beautifully! I now have access to my entire iTunes Music Library anywhere I go!

Simplify Media for iPhone via TUAW

If you are interested, act fast, it's only free for the 100K downloads (but well worth the $3.99 price tag if no longer free)....
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject:

2.1 coming out in two days. Better battery life, less crashes. Hopefully cut and paste.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
2.1 coming out in two days. Better battery life, less crashes. Hopefully cut and paste.
From what I've read, no cut and paste in 2.1.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject:

Two new free audio streaming apps:

Quote:
FlyCast Streams Radio to Your iPhone, Runs in the Background

Free streaming radio app FlyCast can grab streams from more than 1,000 digital radio stations, but what's unique about it is how it does so. FlyCast can be set to conserve battery life by pre-buffering minutes of music, and only occasionally using your Wi-Fi or cellular connection to grab more. More importantly for multi-taskers, by disabling the "Quick Play" option in FlyCast's settings, the app can be set to open audio streams inside your device's mobile Safari browser, which can be minimized to let you do other things while the audio plays on. For a free application, FlyCast sure solves a major annoyance of owning a web-connected music player.

LINK

Quote:
Stitcher Radio

Stitcher is trying to be to news and information what Pandora is to music. The service provides you with a variety of audio programming, broken down by topics, such as sports, technology, and world news. Sources for the app include CNN, CNET, ESPN, AP, WSJ, Reuters, and a variety of local sources. As you rate the various audio streams and podcasts, Stitcher learns what you might like and serves up content.

My favorite potential application of Stitcher is to create your own customized station for listening to on your daily commute. You could make a station that kicks off your morning with the sports scores from the night before, followed up by the top headlines from CNN, stories from your favorite local news station, and capped off by discussion of the hottest tech stories from CNET.

LINK
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Two new free audio streaming apps:

Quote:
FlyCast Streams Radio to Your iPhone, Runs in the Background

Free streaming radio app FlyCast can grab streams from more than 1,000 digital radio stations, but what's unique about it is how it does so. FlyCast can be set to conserve battery life by pre-buffering minutes of music, and only occasionally using your Wi-Fi or cellular connection to grab more. More importantly for multi-taskers, by disabling the "Quick Play" option in FlyCast's settings, the app can be set to open audio streams inside your device's mobile Safari browser, which can be minimized to let you do other things while the audio plays on. For a free application, FlyCast sure solves a major annoyance of owning a web-connected music player.

LINK

Quote:
Stitcher Radio

Stitcher is trying to be to news and information what Pandora is to music. The service provides you with a variety of audio programming, broken down by topics, such as sports, technology, and world news. Sources for the app include CNN, CNET, ESPN, AP, WSJ, Reuters, and a variety of local sources. As you rate the various audio streams and podcasts, Stitcher learns what you might like and serves up content.

My favorite potential application of Stitcher is to create your own customized station for listening to on your daily commute. You could make a station that kicks off your morning with the sports scores from the night before, followed up by the top headlines from CNN, stories from your favorite local news station, and capped off by discussion of the hottest tech stories from CNET.

LINK

Stitcher is really cool... the only app with NPR.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject:

USAManual - $.99 - Includes full text of Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Federalist Papers, Emancipation Proclamation, List of all US Presidents, UN Charter, Gettysburg Address, US Patriot Act, Nuclear Test Ban Treaty
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: