Dodgers 2024 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 153, 154, 155  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 8:19 pm    Post subject:

^ I would be pissed off if I was pitching and all those guys got in the lineup.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Yeah, and he does this a lot. I understand not everyone is going to play every single day. But mix and match. He does this crap where he just sits 2-3 regulars on the same day. This is only the biggest crowd at Dodger Stadium for a regular season game in 5 years.

Feeble.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Yeah, and he does this a lot. I understand not everyone is going to play every single day. But mix and match. He does this crap where he just sits 2-3 regulars on the same day. This is only the biggest crowd at Dodger Stadium for a regular season game in 5 years.

Feeble.

I never liked it either nor did it make sense. The biggest thing though is that it just hasn’t worked and completely sucks the life out of the team.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
We have a prospect, Reynaldo Yean, who was promoted to A-Rancho Cucamonga this year who is off to a pretty nice start. Throws triple digits and touched 104 the other night. We converted him from a position player to a pitcher two years ago. He's still only 20 years old. Take a look...

https://www.si.com/mlb/dodgers/news/the-dodgers-might-have-the-next-superstar-flamethrower-in-single-a-01hy1h8sy0pj

Thank you.

104mph, wow!

He's a reliever. Friedman's track record of developing relievers is like 0 for...

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a reliever we've developed.

There was Ferguson, and who else? (Maybe I'm forgetting some guys)

Friedman basically only develops starters.

If Yean pans out, he might be the first (quality) reliever Friedman's ever developed.

Well, you don’t ever aim to develop relievers, really. For the most part they’re failed starters who never developed a 3rd/4th pitch.

But they do exist.

Milwaukee had Hader and Devin Williams.

SF has Camilo Doval.

We had Jansen.

Quality reliever prospects do exist out there. Friedman’s just not an executive who’s had any luck with landing a quality reliever prospect.

He’s good at building a BP with spare parts. He just doesn’t develop them as prospects, that’s all.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Two more hard-hit balls for Lux tonight, the last of which was a 2-RBI single in the 9th. He just might be coming around. Outman, on the other hand...yikes.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Whoa, big news:

Quote:
Emmet Sheehan injury update: Dodgers pitcher undergoes season-ending elbow surgery to repair torn UCL

Emmet Sheehan has undergone elbow surgery to repair a torn UCL and will be out for the remainder of the 2024 season, the team announced Thursday. The procedure was performed by renowned surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache on Wednesday.

The Dodgers did not announce whether the surgery was Tommy John or another variation.

……..

Sheehan, 24, was a rotation hopeful entering spring training, but a forearm injury held him out and he hadn't pitched in an official game all year. Now we know he won't in all of 2024.

Yeah, we’re doing something wrong.

Every single pitching prospect we have has gotten hurt.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 10:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Two more hard-hit balls for Lux tonight, the last of which was a 2-RBI single in the 9th. He just might be coming around. Outman, on the other hand...yikes.

Outman is gone tomorrow….
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 7:50 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Outman is gone tomorrow….

I think even Outman will be relieved to be sent down.

Again, I don't have any issues with Kike, Rojas and Barnes. I'm totally fine with Pages struggling too. Rojas and Barnes are in there for their glove.

Kike is third on the team in hard hit rate and has had some hits taken away - he has also come up with some clutch hits during this slumpy start.

Pages was bound to hit a wall and he did. Even after all that his ops is around .750 which is ideal.

Lux is definetely coming around, he's hitting the ball harder, been great with RISP and looks more comfortable at the plate.

I know Ct3 got a hit last night, but it was an opposite field semi jam shot. What pisses me off the most about ct3 and I even see Outman doing it now is the hesitancy to check swing at a ball down the middle. Ct3 keeps doing it. He will check swing a meatball. It's the worst thing you'll ever see a hitter do and it shows how lost they are at the plate. The indecisiveness, the hesitation and the complete lack of confidence to do anything with the ball is tough to watch. Outman has at least had a string of games where he was hitting the (bleep) out of the ball, I have not Ct3 do anything at all. Completely shutting Ct3 down and sending Outman down when Heyward comes back is the boost this team needs.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Heyward is also starting tonight.

Quote:
The Dodgers are calling up Cuban OF/INF Miguel Vargas (24), per sources.

No word yet on whether he will be activated today or what the official move will be.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Happy about Vargas.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Muncy not in the lineup for the second straight game. Something must be going on with him. Heyward is back and starting. Outman doesn't have a locker, though an announcement on him getting sent down hasn't been officially made yet. Kike is starting at 3B again. No Vargas in the starting lineup.

UPDATE: Muncy is being placed on the IL with an oblique strain. Roberts said he injured it during batting practice yesterday. I wonder if we'll see some Vargas at third while Muncy is out.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject:

^
I guess I will wonder no more; Vargas is strictly an OF now, apparently.

David Vassegh
@THEREAL_DV

Dave Roberts said Miguel Vargas will play LF with Dodgers.
4:12 PM · May 17, 2024
·
Views
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I guess I will wonder no more; Vargas is strictly an OF now, apparently.

David Vassegh
@THEREAL_DV

Dave Roberts said Miguel Vargas will play LF with Dodgers.
4:12 PM · May 17, 2024
·
Views

Bottom line, they chose Vargas over Busch in LF.

Hope they’re right.

I remember Vargas being one of the faster players on the team last year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Taylor still on the active roster while Outman is not
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers Acquire Anthony Banda From Guardians

The Guardians announced that they have traded left-hander Anthony Banda to the Dodgers in exchange for cash considerations. The southpaw was not on Cleveland’s 40-man and therefore won’t need to be added to the Dodgers’ roster.

Banda, 30, signed a minor league deal with the Guards in January. He has been pitching for their Triple-A club, throwing 17 innings over 12 appearances.

He has a 2.12 earned run average in that time, striking out 37.9% of batters faced, giving out walks at a 9.1% rate and getting grounders on 67.9% of balls in play.

It’s a small sample but it seems to have intrigued the Dodgers enough to put some cash on the barrel to get a deal done.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s our next Ryan Brasier or Evan Phillips
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Great game.

Mookie Sho and Heyward with homers.

Bottom of the order got it done tonight.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Reds End Dodgers’ Streak Of Allowing 4-Runs Or Fewer At 22 Games

The Los Angeles Dodgers hosted the Cincinnati Reds at Dodger Stadium on Thursday with Tyler Glasnow on the mound, but they took a difficult 7-2 loss.

Although it was just a game in the middle of May, it had some extra disappointment behind it as it officially snapped a Dodgers’ record streak. Prior to the game, the Dodgers played 22 straight games allowing four runs or fewer, which set a franchise record that was previously 17 games.

Quote:
“It’s been impressive. We’ve got great starting pitching, clearly,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said of the streak. “And the guys in the bullpen have all stepped up, and they stepped up tonight. We gave up more than four runs, but I still thought both those guys stepped up tonight.

“But the run that we were on, as far as preventing runs, certainly hasn’t happened in quite some time, certainly for the Dodgers. And it’s a lot of people that get a lot of credit. And also we played good defense too.”

The Dodgers’ streak of allowing four runs or fewer began on April 21 and lasted until May 16, going nearly a month with elite pitching.

The longest such streak in the live ball era (since 1920) was set by the Cleveland Guardians in 2017 with 25 consecutive games, and only two other teams have reached 23 games in that same time span, the 2010 Giants and 1972 Chicago Cubs.

The longest streak in MLB history is a tie between the 1916 New York Giants and 1909 Chicago Cubs as both reached 29 games, while the Guardians are in third place.

Three other teams reached 24 games, the 1917 and 1906 Chicago White Sox, and the 1916 Boston Red Sox.

https://dodgerblue.com/reds-end-dodgers-streak-of-allowing-4-runs-or-fewer-at-22-games/2024/05/17/#:~:text=Although%20it%20was%20just%20a,that%20was%20previously%2017%20games.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Shohei Ohtani Dodgers Bobbleheads Selling for Up to $1,500 After Stadium Giveaway

According to TMZ Sports, the first 40,000 fans in attendance at Dodger Stadium on Thursday received Ohtani's first bobblehead in a Dodgers uniform, but 1,700 lucky fans received a rare "chase" version of the bobblehead.

While most of the bobbleheads featured Ohtani in a home uniform, only 1,700 of them were in the road grays, making them significantly more valuable.

Per TMZ, the road Ohtani bobbleheads are going for big money on eBay with some selling for as much as $1,500. Even the more common home versions are selling for hundreds of dollars as well.

I’m guessing that Japanese fans (based in Japan or out of state) are the ones buying these items.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Mike DiGiovanna reports that Phillips is throwing a bullpen session today and is about a week or so away from returning. Also, both Kershaw and Miller threw from the mound at Dodger Stadium earlier today. Miller is close to heading out on a rehab assignment.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Good first inning for WB. Only 7 pitches.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Shohei Ohtani Dodgers Bobbleheads Selling for Up to $1,500 After Stadium Giveaway

According to TMZ Sports, the first 40,000 fans in attendance at Dodger Stadium on Thursday received Ohtani's first bobblehead in a Dodgers uniform, but 1,700 lucky fans received a rare "chase" version of the bobblehead.

While most of the bobbleheads featured Ohtani in a home uniform, only 1,700 of them were in the road grays, making them significantly more valuable.

Per TMZ, the road Ohtani bobbleheads are going for big money on eBay with some selling for as much as $1,500. Even the more common home versions are selling for hundreds of dollars as well.

I’m guessing that Japanese fans (based in Japan or out of state) are the ones buying these items.

I think it's collectors. The standard bobbleheads are closing around the "cheap" price of $300 or so. There was a grey uniform bobblehead that was limited. Those are the ones that are selling over a grand. In 10 years, it'll be a bargain. Vin Scully's 2002 bobblehead is worth $20 grand.

https://dodgersnation.com/top-10-most-expensive-dodgers-bobbleheads-right-now/2024/01/27/
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject:

WB pitch count is 17 after 2 innings. No runs.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Great job by WB. 6 innings, 3 hits, 7 Ks, no runs.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Very impressive performance by WB….
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Very nice game by Buehler.

As an aside Michael Grove looks to be hitting his stride in relief. Only pitching him one inning at a time seems to be the ticket. Hopefully he can be one of those rubber arm guys that can come in a lot of games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 153, 154, 155  Next
Page 128 of 155
Jump to: