NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2556, 2557, 2558 ... 2626, 2627, 2628  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:40 am    Post subject:

Donavan Mitchell should be the main target. he's loves big market, so it'll be between Knicks and Lakers for him. my dream scenario is LeBron and Lakers part ways, and Lakers sign and trade LeBron to Cavs for Mitchell. pairing of a 27 year old Spida and 31 year old AD should give Lakers a rebuild on the fly. then add a physical big bodied center. easier say than done, but need to find a way because this season is the best we will ever see LeBron and AD play in a complete season and that may very well results in a 1st round exit.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Donavan Mitchell should be the main target. he's loves big market, so it'll be between Knicks and Lakers for him. my dream scenario is LeBron and Lakers part ways, and Lakers sign and trade LeBron to Cavs for Mitchell. pairing of a 27 year old Spida and 31 year old AD should give Lakers a rebuild on the fly. then add a physical big bodied center. easier say than done, but need to find a way because this season is the best we will ever see LeBron and AD play in a complete season and that may very well results in a 1st round exit.

Knicks won't goafter Mitchell, unlike Pelinka they realize he's not a good fit with Brunson. But others will want Mitchell who can offer more than us.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

All that would make sense if Mitchell was Kobe. He's not. He's Donavan Mitchell. He's a great option at head guard NEXT to LeBron and AD no in place of LeBron.

Brooklyn and Miami will also come calling. I could see GS doing so as well. So we're likely outbid even if Knicks don't make a move for him but people are so quick to want to end the LeBron era as though he's the problem.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:15 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Cavs fans would be so pissed if they traded Mitchell for Lebron lol
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject:

Depending how this year ends we would be crazy to go into next season with anyone from this year.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:19 am    Post subject:

Lets go for two way players

Rui, AR, Vincent, JHS and Lewis for Bruce Brown, Poetl and Caruso
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Depending how this year ends we would be crazy to go into next season with anyone from this year.

well its going to be a sweep or 5 max
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:24 am    Post subject:

Maybe we should lament the loss of Zubac more than Caruso.
Gave both away for nothing.
Although I’m rather certain Zu would have been in the AD deal.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

i would go after Mitchell if we can somehow manage to keep 2 of AR/DLO/RUI/Vando(meaning sending Gabe out). picks are nothing since Mitchell +AD would likely be enough for playoffs after Lebron retires, and why do we need picks if we just pick guys like JHS every year...
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

Zu and Caruso would fill just about every hole on this team and make us the favorites.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Zu and Caruso would fill just about every hole on this team and make us the favorites.

Yup, pretty much.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:28 pm    Post subject:

With the Lakers' stars, the closest comparison I can make is the 2008 Celtics in terms of overall ability level of the stars.

They're still better than the best stars of the 2004 Pistons and the 2014 Spurs, but they're not as good as traditional number 1s on championship teams, which are usually generational stars in their prime.

LeBron and AD can't be the only stars on a championship team anymore.

As long as the Lakers rely on the likes of DLo, AR, and Rui to carry this team at points, the Lakers aren't going to contend. They're just not at that level.

The Lakers need someone better. They need that and specific role players to plug in specific holes.

Based this front office's recent history, it's not something they're capable of. They haven't even plugged in the specific holes well without going for a 3rd star.

A great front office might be able to pull it off. But the Lakers have been SO poor at finding talent cheaply as of late. Bad draft picks and bad signings with minimums and exceptions.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
With the Lakers' stars, the closest comparison I can make is the 2008 Celtics in terms of overall ability level of the stars.

They're still better than the best stars of the 2004 Pistons and the 2014 Spurs, but they're not as good as traditional number 1s on championship teams, which are usually generational stars in their prime.

As long as the Lakers rely on the likes of DLo, AR, and Rui to carry this team at points, the Lakers aren't going to contend. They're just not at that level.

The Lakers need someone better. They need that and specific role players to plug in specific holes.

Based this front office's recent history, it's not something they're capable of. They haven't even plugged in the specific holes well without going for a 3rd star.

A great front office might be able to pull it off. But the Lakers have been SO poor at finding talent cheaply as of late. Bad draft picks and bad signings with minimums and exceptions.

Great front office wtf they hold a gun to other GM . It takes two to tango pal that is crazy comment
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:48 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Knicks won't goafter Mitchell, unlike Pelinka they realize he's not a good fit with Brunson. But others will want Mitchell who can offer more than us.

I feel like Mitchell would be trash on our team, a 6'0" shooting guard who isn't great at defense? Just enhances our weaknesses unless we somehow get way better defensive guards and forwards around him.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I feel like Mitchell would be trash on our team, a 6'0" shooting guard who isn't great at defense? Just enhances our weaknesses unless we somehow get way better defensive guards and forwards around him.

Agree…not Trae, not Mitchell, maybe Murray…most importantly the Lakers need defense in the backcourt and rebounding help in the frontcourt.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:03 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
Japago wrote:

Great front office wtf they hold a gun to other GM . It takes two to tango pal that is crazy comment

There's striking at the right point when it comes to trades.

Last off-season was a great example. Dame, Beal, Jrue, Porzingis, and Harden went at really cheap prices. Kyrie was traded for cheap as well last trade deadline.

Combine that with the Lakers actually doing well with draft picks and cheap signings via exceptions and minimums, and the Lakers have a 3rd star with some depth.

The Lakers have been poor lately at getting great players at good prices and supplementing the team with depth cheaply.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:16 pm    Post subject:

What package can we realistically get by trading LeBron? I think him and Curry have had discussions about teaming up and that’s why the Warriors FO went after him, who else is a option?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
What package can we realistically get by trading LeBron? I think him and Curry have had discussions about teaming up and that’s why the Warriors FO went after him, who else is a option?

Probably an expiring/young talent/1st protected

Not sure many team would give up multiple 1st at his age and salary. Defenitely not young star in the making.

Defenitely not fetching you what Nets got for KD.

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
What package can we realistically get by trading LeBron? I think him and Curry have had discussions about teaming up and that’s why the Warriors FO went after him, who else is an option?

A spot in the lottery, we can get that package by trading Lebron.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
What package can we realistically get by trading LeBron? I think him and Curry have had discussions about teaming up and that’s why the Warriors FO went after him, who else is an option?

LeBron’s value is sky high right now, he’s been amazing it’s just that it seems like him and AD just can’t get it done anymore together
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LeBron’s value is sky high right now, he’s been amazing it’s just that it seems like him and AD just can’t get it done anymore together

Lebron wants a big market or a team that can compete even if they trade for him? What team takes that risk that meets that criteria?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lebron wants a big market or a team that can compete even if they trade for him? What team takes that risk that meets that criteria?

Cleveland seems like a logical destination, they have Allen and other assets they can send while still competing for a title
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We need better role players around around Bron and AD.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:57 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We need better role players around around Bron and AD.

Yeah I think that can work as well, we will just have to see what LeBron decides to do
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:37 pm    Post subject:

What do we need to do to have the full MLE available to us again?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2556, 2557, 2558 ... 2626, 2627, 2628  Next
Page 2557 of 2628
Jump to: