Darren Collison interested in Lakers or Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I would not bring Collison into this locker room. Guy has not played in a year, and is just as likely to negatively impact team chemistry as he is to fit into it.

Because of the wife beating?

no....that is not as issue at this point and that is not how chemistry works. How will the locker room react when Cousins is cut after he has been with the team all season?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I would not bring Collison into this locker room. Guy has not played in a year, and is just as likely to negatively impact team chemistry as he is to fit into it.

no....that is not as issue at this point and that is not how chemistry works. How will the locker room react when Cousins is cut after he has been with the team all season?

This is a team of veterans. If someone at the end of the roster gets cut to make room for Collison, they'll shrug and accept him as a teammate. These guys have all been around the block and know how the NBA works.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

This is a team of veterans. If someone at the end of the roster gets cut to make room for Collison, they'll shrug and accept him as a teammate. These guys have all been around the block and know how the NBA works.

Can u convert Cousin contract to a 2-way? But they prob cut Cook instead
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

You cut Troy or trade 2 for 1 or 2 for 0 to create those spots.

I'm a big proponent of not messing with chemistry but DC is exactly what we need at PG and AD and Bron care about one thing... a ring. I wouldn't make some marginal move but Collison is a big addition. As would be Iggy. You add those 2 to the mix, at lets say the cost of Troy and Cook, and we have the best roster without a doubt come playoff time.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

I do not think Boogie gets cut for a variety of reasons.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

Rajon Rondo for the record statistically is our team's 2nd best three point shooter this season. Behind KCP. Danny Green is the 3rd. And the majority of everyone that isn't a center or named LeBron or AD is shooting around 41% from the field except KCP whom is shooting 47% from there.

I think this teams issues run deeper than what Collison would accomplish, and in all honesty, 9 points on 40% shooting and 38% from three (which is what Rondo is giving us) is about what I'd expect from Collison at best after a year away from the league and no time to get into league shape.

Also for the record, you all want to get rid of Rondo. But Rondo has a no trade clause.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

I remember when Collison was Chris Paul's backup in New Orleans. There was a stretch where Paul was injured and Collison took over as starting PG and absolutely tore it up. I thought he was going to have a special career, but he never did.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Interesting.

If Collison is signed, by my estimation, the only way to NOT push Davis' compatriot Rajon Rondo out of the rotation is for Davis to play center:

PG - Collison - Rondo
SG - Bradley - Pope
C - Davis - Howard
PF - James - Kuzma
SF - Green - Iguodala

Davis must play center, otherwise, Rondo sits at the end of the bench.

Interesting indeed.

I get the feeling that AD is not nearly insistent on Rondo getting rotational minutes than what is assumed.
wishful thinking but if we sign Collison I hope he takes all of Rondo's minutes and even some of Bradleys
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Rajon Rondo for the record statistically is our team's 2nd best three point shooter this season. Behind KCP. Danny Green is the 3rd. And the majority of everyone that isn't a center or named LeBron or AD is shooting around 41% from the field except KCP whom is shooting 47% from there.

I think this teams issues run deeper than what Collison would accomplish, and in all honesty, 9 points on 40% shooting and 38% from three (which is what Rondo is giving us) is about what I'd expect from Collison at best after a year away from the league and no time to get into league shape.

Also for the record, you all want to get rid of Rondo. But Rondo has a no trade clause.

Are you assuming Collison would get the same looks from 3pt range as Rondo?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

there needs to be a big asterisk next to Rondo's 3 point %... he gets the easiest 3 point looks by far from anyone else on this team as opponents dare him to let them fly. If a player is shooting a couple % points lower than Rondo yet is forcing a defense to respect the spacing he is outlaying I'll take that all day every day.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject:

Players get hurt, it's part of the game, as AB just did. Collison would make daniels expendable and be good insurance for either Caruso, KCP, AB, or Rondo.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

I don't understand why fans are sooo concerned with team chemistry when we got 3 previous head coaches, Bron, AD and Rondo all in that locker room. No one is going to distract what the goal of this year will be....a ring! And for those that step out of line, you know our leaders will be wringing necks and ringing some heads.

Also, Iggy's name has been hovering over our team from the moment he was traded to Memphis. Now someone in Collison's camp must know something or have been told something, otherwise why come out of retirement and only target the LA teams?

These players know whats up...I mean Dudz is mostly on Twitter when he's on the bench and not taking a shower when they all head to the locker room after the game...so they know 15 roster spots are currently taken up and Iggy has been a name that could take one of those spots and now Collison is another.

Yet, nearly the entire team was at Bron's bday party. Why? Cause their bells would be rung if they didn't come through. Caruso was supposedly not there cause he was rehabbing his calf. #MambaldMentality
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

No doubt in my mind that you're right.

Cook and/or Daniels will sacrificed, not Cousins.

Rondo and Dudley will be spared as well.

As far what adkindo stated about Collison causing chemistry issues, he's wrong. He thinks the chemistry issues will be caused by cutting Cousins to make room for Collison.

I, like you, just can't imagine it happening that way. Pelinka and Rambis would prove themselves tone deaf as hell if it did.

I'm not even around this team and I can see the importance of keeping Cousins around, especially as he rehabs and tries to regain a career that might be gone forever.

The Lakers cutting Cousins would be a huge mistake and would abolish all the goodwill they sowed by paying Kobe big moneuwhen he was clearly on the downside.

No way Cousins' is cut.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

This is where staring at box score stats and not comparing actual on court impact shows up. DC is a 2 way player and a bigger scoring threat than Rondo.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Lakers won't cut him because they want to resign him for 125% of his current salary next year ($4.4m). That would likely be his best offer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Lakers won't cut him because they want to resign him for 125% of his current salary next year ($4.4m). That would likely be his best offer.

I would only offer the minimum given his recent injury issues. In 2021 we would have early bird rights if he’s able to stay healthy.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

I would keep Cook over Daniels if one of them has to go. Cook has been on a championship team and has hit big shots in the Finals. I could see him having a few Fisher/Horry moments for us in the playoffs. He's already proven he won't shrink in the big moments.

Daniels is still unproven but it's tricky because AD personally called him to recruit him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I would keep Cook over Daniels if one of them has to go. Cook has been on a championship team and has hit big shots in the Finals. I could see him having a few Fisher/Horry moments for us in the playoffs. He's already proven he won't shrink in the big moments.

Daniels is still unproven but it's tricky because AD personally called him to recruit him.

At this point it’s about amassing a championship team. Sentimentality matters but not so much that it overrides a ring. We need every roster spot.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
I don't understand why fans are sooo concerned with team chemistry when we got 3 previous head coaches, Bron, AD and Rondo all in that locker room. No one is going to distract what the goal of this year will be....a ring! And for those that step out of line, you know our leaders will be wringing necks and ringing some heads.

Yeah, this is a pretty silly discussion.

Our team is Lebron, AD and everyone else.

If we need to switch out any roster pieces from 3-15, players will just roll with it.

It isn't like this is a team of Ball, Ingram and other young players who would be astounded to find they are tradeable.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

I'm very tempted to say I believe JR. Smith would be an upgrade over a lot of our guys.

PG.Collison / Bradley
SG.Green / Smith
SF.LeBron / KCP
PF.Davis / Kuzma
C.Mcgee / Howard

Our bench lost a 30 point lead bcuz they can't score.. Rondo is trash and holds the ball too long.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

1) Rondo can just be cut. Why bother trading him?

2) You know as we all do that an unsustainable early hot streak is still buoying up his 3pt shooting stats while teams barely bother to defend him above the FT line. He's also lost most of his ability to finish in traffic, often makes boneheaded, selfish decisions as a passer, and is only not the team's worst defensive player because Quinn Cook also has a roster spot.

3) Who knows what Collison will look like after sitting out the first half of this season? I'll predict he shoots 50% from the field and 40% from 3, how about that? Let's just throw whatever stats out we want, right? But the Collison of '18-19 - the last non-speculative data point we have - was a better shooter than Rondo, a more impactful distributor, an actual scoring threat out of the PnR, and a much, much better defender.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

And another horrible move by our FO
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Just cut Daniels. And trade Cook for an equally mediocre frontcourt player.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

If you trade Boog, you lose his associated 1.75M non-prorated dpe. That bag beats any vet min deal that any other teams can offer. Unfortunately, the Blazers (Hood 2.9m), Nawlins (Miller 3.6m) and Wiz (Miles 4.4m) all have more valuable dpes than ours. Fyi: the Nets also have a Nwaba 840k dpe.

As for resigning Boog's next summer....we'll have roughly 9m in cap space to offer him, so we won't be limited to offering him just that 125% of his current 3.5m deal.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I remember when Collison was Chris Paul's backup in New Orleans. There was a stretch where Paul was injured and Collison took over as starting PG and absolutely tore it up. I thought he was going to have a special career, but he never did.

His small frame limited him. Smaller guards really need to be built like Kyle Lowry to have a consistent All-Star impact.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: