Idiot morant suspended for lakers game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 1:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Ja for Jaylen Brown, who says no? Celtics get rid of the risk of Brown walking after next season, and Memphis gets a premium two way wing player in exchange for a headcase.

Foston

#BannersOverBillboards
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I don’t know how league can do anything to Ja. Team maybe.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject:

In Tennessee can you carry a loaded gun in the car? In CA it needs to be unloaded and in a locked container. Unless you have a ccw
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
In Tennessee can you carry a loaded gun in the car? In CA it needs to be unloaded and in a locked container. Unless you have a ccw

From Tennessee CCW Rules
Quote:
In 2021, Tennessee eliminated its permit requirement for carrying concealed handguns in public spaces and, effective July 1, 2021, now generally allows anyone at least 21 years old to carry a handgun in most public spaces without a permit, either openly or concealed, as long as they are legally eligible to possess the handgun and are lawfully present in the place where they are carrying the gun.1

So, Ja may not have been breaking any laws.

I don't plan to visit Tennessee anytime soon.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

From Tennessee CCW Rules
Quote:
In 2021, Tennessee eliminated its permit requirement for carrying concealed handguns in public spaces and, effective July 1, 2021, now generally allows anyone at least 21 years old to carry a handgun in most public spaces without a permit, either openly or concealed, as long as they are legally eligible to possess the handgun and are lawfully present in the place where they are carrying the gun.1

Thank you for looking that up. From some group texts I am in it seems like he would only be breaking the law if he takes it in to an establishment that is serving alcohol, or if he brandished it in a way that caused someone else to feel fear/threat. Seems like he was parked in a secluded area, you can only see some concrete walls around. But if an onlooker saw a car blasting rap music and swinging a gun around, they could easily feel fearful, especially with the prevalence of shootings recently.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

From Tennessee CCW Rules
Quote:

Thank you for looking that up. From some group texts I am in it seems like he would only be breaking the law if he takes it in to an establishment that is serving alcohol, or if he brandished it in a way that caused someone else to feel fear/threat. Seems like he was parked in a secluded area, you can only see some concrete walls around. But if an onlooker saw a car blasting rap music and swinging a gun around, they could easily feel fearful, especially with the prevalence of shootings recently.

And boom just like that he’s in trouble again I don’t understand it with some of these athletes they have incredible talent, have the ability to make millions of dollars off of it take care of themselves and their families for the rest of their lives and yet can’t stop doing stupid (bleep) he knows there’s a microscope on him, but he can’t help himself. I’m not religious person, but this guy needs Jesus.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

From Tennessee CCW Rules
Quote:

And boom just like that he’s in trouble again I don’t understand it with some of these athletes they have incredible talent, have the ability to make millions of dollars off of it take care of themselves and their families for the rest of their lives and yet can’t stop doing stupid (bleep) he knows there’s a microscope on him, but he can’t help himself. I’m not religious person, but this guy needs Jesus.

What he really needs is a better brain. Since that is unrealistic, he needs an actual adult in his life who he respects to talk some sense into him and hold him accountable.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Grit and grind, baby!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:02 pm    Post subject:

If he is worried about potential threats to his safety, which I think is totally legitimate, he should hire a few armed guards for round the clock protection. It will cost him a few hundred grand a year.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Javaris Crittenton was just released from prison a few weeks ago. The Grizzlies should hire him as a mentor to Ja, to teach him what could happen eventually if he keeps doing this stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I know he’d didn’t break any laws but nike should drop him as a stand against guns.

I personally don’t see the big deal but this guy does

NSFW
https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1657827888606093316?s=61&t=v2PoU5DoWGjJL0iZP_GTRQ
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Ja is currently on the crittenton aaron Hernandez express. He needs to get off before it’s too late.

Nothing wrong with owning guns, but clearly his handling of then is irresponsible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Javaris Crittenton was just released from prison a few weeks ago. The Grizzlies should hire him as a mentor to Ja, to teach him what could happen eventually if he keeps doing this stuff.

Don’t understand how Crittenton only did 12 years on a murder charge. As for Morant, Allen Iverson is rolling over in his grave about how soft the NBA is becoming. Morant’s suspension is nothing more than the league trying to protect an image. I mean, every rap music video has guys twirling guns. All these guys were doing was that. If they commit a crime, sure suspend them. But this just seems like whitewashing to me
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Don’t understand how Crittenton only did 12 years on a murder charge. As for Morant, Allen Iverson is rolling over in his grave about how soft the NBA is becoming. Morant’s suspension is nothing more than the league trying to protect an image. I mean, every rap music video has guys twirling guns. All these guys were doing was that. If they commit a crime, sure suspend them. But this just seems like whitewashing to me

NBA is a business and protecting an image is a key part of maintaining a successful business.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Just trade Ja for Zion.
2 overrated goofs that'll miss games.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject:

lmao kwame

https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1657939697983963136
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 12:24 am    Post subject:

If Kwame could play basketball like he can talk, he would have been a Hall of Famer.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 12:43 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

NBA is a business. He might not have broken any laws but the image he is projecting isn't something the league wants to be associated with. As such he is opening himself to punishment by the league.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:23 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

NBA is a business. He might not have broken any laws but the image he is projecting isn't something the league wants to be associated with. As such he is opening himself to punishment by the league.

Wasn't his relationship with Nike already on pause?

He's not going to like what he's ultimately going to get.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I know he’d didn’t break any laws but nike should drop him as a stand against guns.

I personally don’t see the big deal but this guy does

NSFW
https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1657827888606093316?s=61&t=v2PoU5DoWGjJL0iZP_GTRQ

Ja spending time with a real gang member might do him some good. So he can take life more seriously. What an idiot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject:

If I'm Memphis, I'm looking to trade Ja.

Yes, he's all NBA level talent, but he is the core issue with the problems with that team. Yes, they tried to pin that ish on Brooks, but that didn't last more than a few weeks.

You'll probably get 60 cents on the dollar for Ja trading him now, and there is a chance you may regret it, but the Grizz are actually a playoff level team when he is out (and he's injured/out a LOT).

Build around JJJ/Bane/whatever you get in Ja trade. That is a bomb waiting to explode. And it has sort of, twice already.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I just got to be better with my decision-making. Off-the-court issues affected us as an organization

Tweet
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:51 am    Post subject:

Ja is just immature. He will grow out of it, the last suspension was such a slap on the wrist it didn't mean anything to him, but losing All-NBA money and potentially getting a very large suspension will likely wake his a$$ up.

Silver has no choice but to hammer him because the advertisers don't want to see this. It's bad for business whether he is actually doing something illegal or not.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@wojespn speaks on Ja Morant after his latest video:

"I think Ja Morant is facing a lengthy, a significant suspension to start next season if indeed that was a firearm in his hand in that video. ... I don't think Adam Silver is going to take this one lightly."

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1658101427380559873
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:02 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

It was the off season, if he didn’t break any laws I find it hard for them to take money. Didn’t hurt anyone, was literally doing what every hip hop artist and pro gun individual does.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: