+++ HAWKS -at- LAKERS 11/3/13 GAME THREAD +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject:

mab0824 wrote:
Wow great win tonight..gotta win at least one of these road games coming up.

And by the way to those "fans" who want to tank for Wiggins. This team is probably too good to get a number one pick. I see our floor being about 28-30 wins which is probably a 8-9 pick, which in no way guarantees an all star caliber player.

And there's this thing called the lottery which makes it so that worst record doesn't necessarily mean 1st pick
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
24 wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
Fighting for an eight seed does nothing.

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

Wow. It is one thing to think the team should tank. It's quite another to actually root for the other team to make the game winning shot at the buzzer.

Aren't the two connected?

Yes they are, but so would wishing for Pau suffering a season ending knee injury, or Kobe having setbacks in his rehab. At some point, a fan may feel and know certain things about his team, but he or she just does not root for the other guy to make a shot for the game.

What kinda sick bizzaro world would a fan live in where he watches Lakers games and root for the OTHER team. Root against every basket the Lakers make and root for every basket the opposing team makes.

Getting blown out by GSW = fun!!
Losing a tight game by a game sealing three = SUPER fun??

What a sick, depraved fan....
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Xavier played well, a little out of control, but I love his aggressiveness. Nash finally had a good game; give him a few more days rest and on to Dallas. LET'S GO L.A. LAKERS!!!
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
24 wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

Wow. It is one thing to think the team should tank. It's quite another to actually root for the other team to make the game winning shot at the buzzer.

Yes they are, but so would wishing for Pau suffering a season ending knee injury, or Kobe having setbacks in his rehab. At some point, a fan may feel and know certain things about his team, but he or she just does not root for the other guy to make a shot for the game.

Fair enough. I consider first round exit a lost season and I don't believe anyone sees this team as championship level. I'm just looking towards the future and why not at least get a high pick out of this season? At best we are fighting for an eight seed IMO.
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
5-18 is horrible for a 7 footer, pau needs to work on his game more

It IS one game.. and he's a career 51% shooter. But yes 5-18 is horrible haha.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Don't know when I'll make another Game Thread though. Choosing my dates carefully. Sundays seem to be good now.

dont cherry pick, go with the lucky hand. do the next one
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Clutch24 wrote:
24 wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
24 wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

Fair enough. I consider first round exit a lost season and I don't believe anyone sees this team as championship level. I'm just looking towards the future and why not at least get a high pick out of this season? At best we are fighting for an eight seed IMO.

I get that, and that's a rational thought. It's just not something you scream during a game. Would you sit court side and yell "miss" to Pau on those FT's?
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

its sickening.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject:

It's all about "how you finish"
mab0824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

kray28_ wrote:
mab0824 wrote:
Wow great win tonight..gotta win at least one of these road games coming up.

And by the way to those "fans" who want to tank for Wiggins. This team is probably too good to get a number one pick. I see our floor being about 28-30 wins which is probably a 8-9 pick, which in no way guarantees an all star caliber player.

And there's this thing called the lottery which makes it so that worst record doesn't necessarily mean 1st pick

So you'd rather have a 5% chance at a number one pick than go to the playoffs?

Last edited by mab0824 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

I just want the Lakers to win every game anywhere and everywhere. We didnt tank when we had smush freakin parker as a pg and Kwame Brown as Center, so we wont do it now. Let's Go Lakers
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Throwing a season for a 25% chance of landing a possible great player (who will need some time to grow to championship caliber) is not the best plan if you have aging stars on one of the last runs of their long careers.

Plus, the young guys we have are on 1 year deals. 1 year. This year.

Get a winning record before Kobe returns, keep it while we adapt our game, get some losses if needed resting Nash/Kobe/Pau and giving minutes to our young players, and make a run for the championship.

Go Lakers!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's great to have someone be able to hit two clutch free throws when it counts.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Yong wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

Agreed.
So many pansy Laker fans we got in here hahahah

I would love to read some "quotes from our side " for this game haha

Too much pathetic Wiggins tank talk

It's called intelligence and looking toward the future not praying for an eight seed and first round exit.

word of wisdom and truth. i rather that than some worthless pride

I don't know what's more tired. People incessantly posting "tank for Wiggins" or all the tired rationalizations of "intellect" and "realism" etc. OR the assumption that we would get a top pick anyway. Just get off the damn bandwagon already and let the rest of us enjoy our season.

This^^^^

Reading all the posts wishing we lose all our games to "get Wiggins" is so annoying to read!! We have no chance to get Wiggins....wake up!!
Support your team that are playing their hearts out THIS SEASON".
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Yong wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

Agreed.
So many pansy Laker fans we got in here hahahah

I would love to read some "quotes from our side " for this game haha

Too much pathetic Wiggins tank talk

It's called intelligence and looking toward the future not praying for an eight seed and first round exit.

word of wisdom and truth. i rather that than some worthless pride

I don't know what's more tired. People incessantly posting "tank for Wiggins" or all the tired rationalizations of "intellect" and "realism" etc. OR the assumption that we would get a top pick anyway. Just get off the damn bandwagon already and let the rest of us enjoy our season.

AMEN!!!
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

24 wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
24 wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
24 wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

I get that, and that's a rational thought. It's just not something you scream during a game. Would you sit court side and yell "miss" to Pau on those FT's?

No, I would not do that. Everyone has their opinion on the season, some want to compete for a first round exit and some want a high pick for the future. In the end, we are all fans with differing opinions on the season. The comment wasn't made to piss off anyone, was in a joking manner but I do prefer a high pick to first round exit this year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

Fruscas wrote:
I just want the Lakers to win every game anywhere and everywhere. We didnt tank when we had smush freakin parker as a pg and Kwame Brown as Center, so we wont do it now. Let's Go Lakers
THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!!! ANYTHING ELSE IS UNACCEPTABLE; GO LAKERS!!!!!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject:

paulsung123 wrote:
pkflyers wrote:

exactly my point!
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

novadolla wrote:
24 wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

its sickening.

I wish the mods wouldn't allow all the "tank for Wiggins....hoping we lose" posts anywhere but in the Wiggins thread.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

TEAM WAS 36% FROM TREY
BENCH MOB 48PTS
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject:

As they say in the Bush family, a "W" is a "W".
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Clutch24 wrote:
No, I would not do that. Everyone has their opinion on the season, some want to compete for a first round exit and some want a high pick for the future. In the end, we are all fans with differing opinions on the season. The comment wasn't made to piss off anyone, was in a joking manner but I do prefer a high pick to first round exit this year.

I don't want a first round exit. I want the team to compete to get in the playoffs, because imho (including maths, analysis, logic and statistics) we have a better chance of landing a championship through an 8th seed, than getting Wiggings whatever our position ends up being.
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject:

paulsung123 wrote:
24 wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
24 wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

What kinda sick bizzaro world would a fan live in where he watches Lakers games and root for the OTHER team. Root against every basket the Lakers make and root for every basket the opposing team makes.

Getting blown out by GSW = fun!!
Losing a tight game by a game sealing three = SUPER fun??

What a sick, depraved fan....

Because they are not real fans, because we dont have a championship roster the lakeshow is dead to them. They will be off the wagon real soon though hopefully. Fan is a fan through thick and thin.
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Clutch24 wrote:
24 wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
24 wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:

Come on Korver!

Get tfo of here.

I enjoy watching the lakers, and us making the playoffs with this roster will be a big accomplishment. Proud of the guys for competing the way the have this season. Love the lakers too much to feel good about them losing like WTH?
chickensandwich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject:

paulsung123 wrote:
pkflyers wrote:

sideline reporters were tweeting that he had some respiratory issues - i'm guessing related to the URI he was reported to have last week - and that dantoni sat him for a while between the third and fourth because of how gassed he looked in the third. not excusing pau's play in the final three minutes or so, but his shots were definitely coming up short. in the end, it was an ugly, ugly end to the game but pau came up with two of the three game-winning plays (the last being hill's amazing board in traffic), so we'll have to at least give him props for stepping up when he really needed to. on to the next, and hopefully pau continues to round into game shape and for the love of pete, more dunks! or at least strong attacks to the rim.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 61 of 62
Jump to: