OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6607, 6608, 6609 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

It's really important that we not only resign THT and Caruso, but that a couple of the FAs we sign are relatively young, and it's not just because of production or even injury risk.

Like it or not, we have to be a hard-core fast-break team with Russ on board. That means we need enough guys around them that excel at that style of ball.

We can sign a couple of old guys (I love the idea of bringing Dwight back), but we also need to sign a couple of guys in their 20s or at least their early 30s who have plenty of juice left. Specifically, I would use the MMLE on someone younger, and if we have to sign-and-trade Caruso and/or THT, it better be for someone in his 20s.
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
How about this…

THT (signed for the full mid level exception amount of around 10 million)
Gasol
McKinnie
Matthews (signed for around 4 million which is allowed as an extension of his previous salary)

This gets us to 18.5 million which is enough to trade for Hield (23 million)
We could also send cash as a promise to buy out Matthews, which is how you get him to agree to the deal. Maybe we also have to throw in a 2nd.

Sucks to give up THT, but we have 2 years to win championships, and Hield gives us a better chance to win now.

Hield has become the next Bender at groupthink.net
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject:

If the Hield trade goes through and DD takes out MMLE, we're going to be looking good. We could conceivably have:

WB/Caruso/Bradley
Hield/DD/Wes-Ellington-Reddick-McLemore
LBJ/Melo/Green
AD/Gay/Morris
Dwight/Gasol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Derozan not gonna take a huge paycut according to Brad turner

Quote:
DeRozan had his sights set on joining the Lakers as a free agent and coming home to play for his favorite team while growing up in Compton. But Russ put the brakes on that. DeRozan made $27 million last season and probably doesn’t want to take that big of a pay cut. So, for the Clippers to sign DeRozan, they probably would have to do a sign-and-trade. But watch out for Dallas possibly being a home for DeRozan

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:

Quote:
DeRozan had his sights set on joining the Lakers as a free agent and coming home to play for his favorite team while growing up in Compton. But Russ put the brakes on that. DeRozan made $27 million last season and probably doesn’t want to take that big of a pay cut. So, for the Clippers to sign DeRozan, they probably would have to do a sign-and-trade. But watch out for Dallas possibly being a home for DeRozan

This makes no sense. We wouldn't have been able to sign him for anything other than the MLE. Is the difference between the taxpayer and non the breaking point? And how would the Clippers get him with that sign-and-trade hardcapping them? What's the point in a down year?
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook / Caruso
Bradley / THT / Ellington
Lebron / OPJ / Wes
AD / Gay / Melo / Dudley
Dwight / Gasol
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject:

I think Dennis for TPE, and then TPE for a guy like Terrance Ross is the most reasonable, realistic thing at this point.

Avery Bradley, Rudy Gay, Dwight Howard, Wayne Ellington and Andre Iguodala would be good vets to surround AC, THT and Morris also brought back.

Westbrook…Caruso
Bradley…THT…Ellington
Ross…Gay
LeBron…Morris…Iguodala
AD…Dwight…Gasol
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
3baller wrote:

Quote:

This makes no sense. We wouldn't have been able to sign him for anything other than the MLE. Is the difference between the taxpayer and non the breaking point? And how would the Clippers get him with that sign-and-trade hardcapping them? What's the point in a down year?

We could have sign-and-traded for Derozan. Getting Russ made it impossible for us to sign-and-trade for anyone as it would hard-cap us.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
levon wrote:
3baller wrote:

Quote:

We could have sign-and-traded for Derozan. Getting Russ made it impossible for us to sign-and-trade for anyone as it would hard-cap us.

Eff DeRozan.

Lakers offered him a max deal back in 2016 and he turned it down. They could've built a team around him and his skillset. In fact, he would've actually fit well as the vet leader surrounded by BI, Randle, DLO, Nance & Clarkson.

He said no and now he can watch us ring without him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
3baller wrote:

Quote:

Yeah if he wants to compete for a ring, the Clippers wouldn't seem to give him a chance for that next year. Can't see him going to either LA team for a massive paycut, at this point. But if he did, it would seem like we would clearly be the better choice.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
levon wrote:
3baller wrote:

Quote:

Yeah if he wants to compete for a ring, the Clippers wouldn't seem to give him a chance for that next year. Can't see him going to either LA team for a massive paycut, at this point. But if he did, it would seem like we would clearly be the better choice.

If I am Derozan and I’m taking a pay cut and have Cali set in my mind, go to Golden State. Klay is back, Draymond goes to 5, Wiggins goes to 4 with Oubre walking, and you have a clear cut starting spot with a spread floor, playoff team, and one of the best there is in Steph. They also have Wiseman to trade to get better. I would pick the warriors over the Lakers because of skill set fit and I would pick them over the clippers because of talent. He could easily be in the conference finals as a warrior and just take an exemption from them.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
epic_ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nba-offseason-preview-jake-fischer-alex-kennedy-on/id1528900732?i=1000530625591

Jake the snake isn't sure DDR would take the mmle. Awww. But we'll see.

He also mentions Chicago wanting to bring in multiple point guards.
Seems doubtful, but I guess I can hold out hope for Lonzo and Dennis both on the Bulls.

Fine. Lonzo for Markannen to the Pels in a sign-and-trade, then DS to the Bulls for Satoransky and some change coming back to us.

It is easier for both of them, the Bulls and Pelicans to agree just to not match than to sign and trade both ways and hard cap both teams. They can just say we won’t match one another offer sheet, let them walk there both ways, and still have flexibility to make other moves after.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
How about this…

THT (signed for the full mid level exception amount of around 10 million)
Gasol
McKinnie
Matthews (signed for around 4 million which is allowed as an extension of his previous salary)

This gets us to 18.5 million which is enough to trade for Hield (23 million)
We could also send cash as a promise to buy out Matthews, which is how you get him to agree to the deal. Maybe we also have to throw in a 2nd.

Sucks to give up THT, but we have 2 years to win championships, and Hield gives us a better chance to win now.

You can only sign and trade when there is a 3 year deal. So that’s a nope for Matthew
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject:

With Kawhi out, I wonder if there's a chance we could steal Batum. He can play both forward spots, hit the deep ball and can do a little bit of everything.

If Caruso was to get a free agent offer he liked from Indiana, wonder if TJ Warren could be someone they would offer in return (were rumored to be shopping him).

Last edited by Laker's Fan on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
levon wrote:
3baller wrote:

Quote:

It all depends on what DeRozan values. He's gone on the record to say that he values winning over money however it may not be a digital/black & white choice. It might be more analog where he values winning over money to a certain point. What is the value of truly contending to DeRozan? Is it worth $15 million dollars to be able to play with the Lakers versus other playoff teams such as the Clippers or Mavericks? What about with the Knicks who are a fringe playoff team?

For fun let's study DeRozan's situation and mindset. Five years ago he was an All-Star caliber player who reached free agency at the right time and had the opportunity to sign a maximum contract with his hometown team and become the face of the franchise but instead valued the loyalty of the team that took a chance on drafting him for more money and the opportunity to compete for a championship.

This decision ended up spurning him as that team he rewarded his loyalty to turned their back on him and traded him away right before they finally broke their championship drought. That heavy betrayal has got to be tough to forget.

Now DeRozan is faced with a similar decision but under different circumstances. Last time DeRozan declined his hometown team because another team offered him 20+ million more and he got traded for it. Perhaps the Lakers could entice DeRozan to forgo that money this time by signing him to a 2 year MMLE contract with a player option in year two effectively giving DeRozan a no trade clause reassuring him that what happened last time to him will never happen again with us. I could well understand for a player that has earned his money already and been treated the way he has by the front offices he trusted for a show of faith like that to speak volumes. Combined with it being his hometown team, being a favorite to come out of the Western Conference, and quite possibly a starting position on the team, it's absolutely an offer I could see DeRozan considering.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
With Kawhi out, I wonder if there's a chance we could steal Batum. He can play both forward spots, hit the deep ball and can do a little bit of everything.

If Caruso was to get a free agent offer he liked from Indiana, wonder if TJ Warren could be someone they would offer in return (were rumored to be shopping him).

I still think Pritchard wouldn't do anything whatsoever to help us, but maybe he would for a white player. (I kid, I kid. Or do I?)
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject:

With Klay coming back, I would hope we could swipe Bazemore from the Warriors. I think he could be our starting SG. 40% on c&s 3s and 46% on wide open 3s. Defends.

At the forward opposite LeBron, ideally we'd want a natural 3&D. But I might take a hard look at Doug McDermott and see if we could persuade him to take our mmle. Makes smart cuts and knows how to get open for 3a. His defense is lacking though.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:46 am    Post subject:

^
I feel like Bazemore hates the Lakers, and would only return if we were offering him far more money than anyone else. And we can't do that.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:17 am    Post subject:

3&D is the player we are targetting. Batum would be a good fit
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject:

S/T Dennis to Orlando for Gary Harris.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject:

I'd rather bring back Danny Green and pick between Melo and Rudy Gay, but I'd sign Danny Green over them both. I'd also sign Dwight as well. I don't know if they are planning on trying to re-sign Drummond, but if not, go after Javele. Bring the band back together.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject:

It pains me to even say this, but Dwight has to be our 1st call. Rob and co have to massage his ego. We are WEAK at the 5 and it is a major hole. This is with Gasol who may not even come back.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject:

We need role players that know their roles, not players that are gonna play outside their roles. We have 3 stars. Now let's get players around them to accommodate them.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject:

I wouldn’t waste a roster spot on Reddick or Iggy. Especially Reddick. He is done and a huge liability defensively.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
We need role players that know their roles, not players that are gonna play outside their roles. We have 3 stars. Now let's get players around them to accommodate them.

Agree. Surround the big 3 with good defensive players to open our transition game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6607, 6608, 6609 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6608 of 8560
Jump to: