The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1167, 1168, 1169 ... 2105, 2106, 2107  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Some call it “activate playoff mode”.

Both have no excuses now, huh?

One was injured though he tried looking like he wasn’t. I’m guessing that he activates playoff mode in the upcoming season.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

LeBron mini-camp? (With a sponsor?)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2zUdrIlrWA/
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
LeBron mini-camp? (With a sponsor?)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2zUdrIlrWA/

LeBron is one of Ladder's owners, so it's not really a sponsor
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Just spotted with AD, Dwight, Cook and Tucker at the WNBA playoffs...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B20Nr0mhTXM/?igshid=w74g406xjg0x
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

LEBRON IS MOTIVATED FOR MORE, WHICH ISN’T UNUSUAL
BY KEVIN DING - SENIOR WRITER

https://www.nba.com/lakers/lebron-motivated-more-which-isnt-unusual?ls=related_stories
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I will go back to what I saw. He coasted all season long.

When he returned from his injury it was amazing how he somehow found the strength to run the floor for a thunder dunk but then was "injured" when he was asked to play defense or block out on the boards.

I'm sorry. But this is so petty.

1. do you agree by XMAS before he got hurt he was spearheading the team to a top 4 standing in the WC?

2. did you want him to break his body after BI/Zo got hurt just b/c?

You have to think longer than 1 year. Those are microcosms. There's a bigger picture involved here and now we see it. It's a 2 year championship window now.

If he acts the way he did last year with this veteran laden championship roster, sure I'll agree with you.

Awesome. James chooses to coast and show questionable leadership in his first year as a Laker. After taking max payment and the face of the franchise role... yet I'm petty?

Curious if you will be forgiving of Davis if he chooses to "coast" this year on defense too? Maybe he want Cousins back or another best buddy to be on the team before he gives full effort?

Lakers don't get last year back. But I'll be watching for James' increased intensity and leadership this season. No guarantees of any two year plan. Who knows what the roster looks like next year.

Championship or bust!

One thing is for certain in my mind. There is no way AD is coasting on anything this season. Regardless he took many unnecessary games off last season, and he is worried about his legacy. Not to mention, he is in a contract season. Come on AD just sign that extension lol!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I think Four Decade Bandwagon and VLF are cousins or something. The inability to ever be anything but negative must run in the family.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I think Four Decade Bandwagon and VLF are cousins or something. The inability to ever be anything but negative must run in the family.

I always figured that one of them is Chaz the Bartender and the other is Johnny Buss.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Got to give him props for letting AD be the main focus even if he doesn’t actually believe it or he actually might. But very smart especially since he can book it if he wanted to
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

I don’t know what’s worse his complaints or the posters who constantly complain about the complaints lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Judah wrote:

I always figured that one of them is Chaz the Bartender and the other is Johnny Buss.

Now you know why no one takes you seriously.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

About LeBron "coasting" at times last season, I think that was to be expected, and he would be wise to continue intelligent load management throughout the course of the season. He has by far the most miles on his body of any superstar player in the NBA. His contemporaries from the 2003(!) NBA draft are all retired/out of the league currently:

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_history/2003.html

And none of them played deep into the playoffs every year as much as LeBron did. He made it all the way to the NBA Finals for 8 straight seasons before last year. The fact that he's still playing at such a high level is really impressive considering how many actual miles he has.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
About LeBron "coasting" at times last season, I think that was to be expected, and he would be wise to continue intelligent load management throughout the course of the season. He has by far the most miles on his body of any superstar player in the NBA. His contemporaries from the 2003(!) NBA draft are all retired/out of the league currently:

And none of them played deep into the playoffs every year as much as LeBron did. He made it all the way to the NBA Finals for 8 straight seasons before last year. The fact that he's still playing at such a high level is really impressive considering how many actual miles he has.

F*** superstars coasting
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Unless Melo hops on a team, I believe everyone in the 2003 draft are done. Think about that for a moment. Lebron looks to have a few more great seasons left. This man is amazing. Not only is he last man standing from 2003, but he was the first pick, lived up to his hype, a conversation for Mt. Rushmore, etc. I ain't mad at a little coasting when I look at it from this perspective.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Unless Melo hops on a team, I believe everyone in the 2003 draft are done. Think about that for a moment. Lebron looks to have a few more great seasons left. This man is amazing. Not only is he last man standing from 2003, but he was the first pick, lived up to his hype, a conversation for Mt. Rushmore, etc. I ain't mad at a little coasting when I look at it from this perspective.

Respectfully disagree. Leaders should lead. Preferably by example.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

LeBron taking it easy last night, didn’t explode on any of his jumps (he did bully his way to the rims several times), and still got 15-8 in a half

Him and AD gonna get doubled, I’m liking the 3pt shooting heavy role players even more now
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:

I think LeBron might have the most longevity out of any HOFer ever. Kareem played 20 seasons, 17 at an elite level. Kobe played 20 seasons, but only 14 at an elite level. LeBron has already played 16 seasons, 15 of which have been at an elite level, and is now going into his 16th elite level season. If he plays this season after this one at an elite level too, he's basically tied with Kareem.

It's strange how players like Wade, Bosh, and Carmelo Anthony (and Chris Kaman) are all relics from the past but LeBron is still a top 5 player. Even the stars from the draft class after are mostly has-beens-- Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor, Luol Deng, Iguodala, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Al Jefferson.

And the draft class after that one-- Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Bynum, David Lee. And the one after that-- Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Milsap, and Rondo. And even the one after that-- Durant, Horford, Joakim Noah, and Marc Gasol. And even the one after that-- Rose, Westbrook, Rose, Brook Lopez, Hibbert, DeAndre Jordan.

I'll stop now.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

Lebron’s elite level ended in 2016, the last time he played defense.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

true. maybe his upcoming longevity will endear him to Laker fans though. I think in 3 years, he can turn up in the playoffs to look athletically like he did last night. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's still dropping 24ppg in the playoffs in the last year of his contract. Bron will still be a top 2 player these playoffs, top 5 next playoffs, and still look like a top 10 player in the league in the playoffs his last year. He'll be hopefully a great 2b that year

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

So you're saying Harden, Curry and Lillard have never been elite

Since they have never been known for playing much defense?

Also Magic was never much of a defender yet some argue he is the best ever
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

Lebron will be fine on offense until the wheels fall off, just as Kobe was. Especially if the coaching staff is smart enough to limit his minutes.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

So you're saying Harden, Curry and Lillard have never been elite

Since they have never been known for playing much defense?

Also Magic was never much of a defender yet some argue he is the best ever

Very good argument about Magic.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

It's amazing what Lebron can do when he doesn't have to get past 3 or 4 defenders on the way to the basket. When there was only 1 between him and the rim Lebron just abused his defender in all manner of ways.

This luxury is something most other superstars enjoy except Lebron. The Warriors may be Curry's team, but Durant's been carrying the load in the finals the past 2 years. Durant may be carrying the load but Curry still has significant gravity. Harden always gets relief from refs. Giannis' breakout year only happened because of the improved spacing.

So it's nice Lebron gets the same benefit this year.

Also that extended pre-season has paid off. Lebron looks in good shape coming into this season.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

true. maybe his upcoming longevity will endear him to Laker fans though. I think in 3 years, he can turn up in the playoffs to look athletically like he did last night. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's still dropping 24ppg in the playoffs in the last year of his contract. Bron will still be a top 2 player these playoffs, top 5 next playoffs, and still look like a top 10 player in the league in the playoffs his last year. He'll be hopefully a great 2b that year

As cerebral as LBJ is, he has the ability and desire to make the changes necessary to stay as a high contributor. To me, the model is John Havlicek, who altered his role based on the team's needs:

- 6th man on 4 championship teams when he was young
    - High scoring/primary playmaking SF on 2 championship teams at 28 & 29
    - 2nd best player deferring to a young big on 2 championship teams at 33 & 35
    - All-Star/All D/All NBA at 35
    - All Star at 36 & 37

I think LeBron can exceed Havilcek and make ALL-NBA at 36 & 37.
Ingram14
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

LeBron’s a different player when he has some legit players surrounding him. I’m so glad he doesn’t have to play hero and carry the team like last year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1167, 1168, 1169 ... 2105, 2106, 2107  Next
Page 1168 of 2107
Jump to: