*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (04/05/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 80 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:12 am    Post subject:

let's go
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:16 am    Post subject:

I just hope everyone plays. We tempted the basketball gods last night and nearly got burnt. Let’s not do it again tonight.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I just hope everyone plays. We tempted the basketball gods last night and nearly got burnt. Let’s not do it again tonight.

I’m really interested to see how both teams approach this game.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:23 am    Post subject:

The clippers are favored by 4 points.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“I am told there’s optimism about D’Angelo Russell being back in the Lakers lineup today.”

“AD says he will talk to the team doctors this morning whether he’ll play back-to-back.

“LeBron he says, he’ll see how he feels when he wakes up today.”

- @wojespn via GET UP
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:16 am    Post subject:

This game is bigger for Lakers then to Clippers. Clippers own tie breaker over Lakers and Warriors while Lakers just over Warriors.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:18 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
“I am told there’s optimism about D’Angelo Russell being back in the Lakers lineup today.”

“AD says he will talk to the team doctors this morning whether he’ll play back-to-back.

“LeBron he says, he’ll see how he feels when he wakes up today.”

- @wojespn via GET UP

Sounds like Lebron & Dlo will play with AD maybe.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject:

I think they should rest AD/Bron.

What you don’t want is to have a scenario of AD/Bron tiring in the 3rd/4th who then played a b2B and it wasn’t even going to make that big a difference since play ins are locked in. I mean so they go all out win now, but then may drop a game on Fri/Sun out of fatigue. It ends up still being us hosting a play in game.

So why not just stick to the health plan that has worked so well for AD/Bron? They both have been able to play after big injuries. Stick to that.

And if DLO is back. I mean always have a chance with DLO, Beasley, Reaves. Dennis, Rui having big nights especially when the other team has Westbrook. Does everyone have amnesia? Any time the opposing team has Westbrook, your team has a chance to win if he’s on one of his high TO bad shooting nights.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:23 am    Post subject:

Either the big 3 sit out or they all play but if they sit I wouldn’t be surprised if Austin sits out too. And they return for the suns game.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:25 am    Post subject:

The problem with these play scenarios is that usually Lebron plays and looks fine and then a few days later you find out he’s gonna rest for a while or the team comes out flat for a few games in a row. We looked a little tired against Utah already. I really think we served/reached our purpose already which was to get into the play ins and even with HCa in the play in games. I feel there’s more to lose than gain by playing AD/Bron (even if we win in this scenario).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:26 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Either the big 3 sit out or they all play but if they sit I wouldn’t be surprised if Austin sits out too. And they return for the suns game.

Why not just forfeit the game? That way everyone can rest.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:27 am    Post subject:

AD unlikely to play today:

Quote:
McMenamin: AD had an MRI done about a month ago, and still has a bone bruise in his foot. It’s not up to AD or the coaches if he’ll play in back to backs because the science says overexertion can cause him to miss extended time. Its unlikely he plays today

https://twitter.com/lakercentral365/status/1643586850240487426
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:34 am    Post subject:

The schedule couldn't be any more worse for us. The Clippers are at home and have had three days off. The Lakers are playing their fifth Road game and second game of a back-to-back. This smells like a blowout.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:39 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

U need better PR, Lakers will sit their big 3 to give Max, Lonnie, Reed and Swider, who’ve been starving for minutes, a chance to play meaningful minutes
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject:

Clippers are vulnerable without PG13. The Lakers can win this with AD sitting, even though they'll need someone to defend the interior.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:43 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Clippers are vulnerable without PG13. The Lakers can win this with AD sitting, even though they'll need someone to defend the interior.

RUI
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:50 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

Poor players don't need rest. Only applies if you make 20 million or more.

LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:54 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

upsets happen hence jazz almost winning last night. lakers have the perfect excuses: tiredness, long road trip, nagging injuries, and ad and lebron don’t play back to backs. Only thing stopping them from possibly sitting the big 3 is the fact that this game is so hyped up so At least one probably plays.

I can see it now lakers are soft if they announce dlo, lebron and ad are all out
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

AD is the difference between the #1 rated defense and whatever the Rockets did to them when he sat.
Laker Hefe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
As much as I hate the Clippers and as much as the game is highly important, I agree with mad. It's practically a scheduled loss. I think D'lo will play, and if we can keep the game competitive, sure, you take your shot with the rest of the guys. If it gets out of hand, you get D'lo out of there too.

We're playing again on Friday, too, so that will be 3 games in 4 days. Hell, then we play on Sunday, so that's 4 games in 6 days. We've come this far with not playing AD on b2b's and now LeBron has come back clearly nowhere near 100%. If we play these guys tomorrow, the odds of re-injury go up significantly, not to mention that we run the risk of them having tired legs in a game against Phoenix on Friday, and who knows, we could still get back up to the 6 spot if the Kings don't rest people and try to beat the Warriors that night.

Listening to LeBron's post-game comments, I am about 90% sure that he's not going to play against the Clippers. And given our management of AD, even in an extremely winnable game against Houston recently, I'm about 80% sure he's not playing, either.

What would Kobe do?

You have an entire off season to rest and mend. 6 is miles away better than the play in where anything can happen. Give me a full series any day of the week.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject:

Laker Hefe wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
As much as I hate the Clippers and as much as the game is highly important, I agree with mad. It's practically a scheduled loss. I think D'lo will play, and if we can keep the game competitive, sure, you take your shot with the rest of the guys. If it gets out of hand, you get D'lo out of there too.

We're playing again on Friday, too, so that will be 3 games in 4 days. Hell, then we play on Sunday, so that's 4 games in 6 days. We've come this far with not playing AD on b2b's and now LeBron has come back clearly nowhere near 100%. If we play these guys tomorrow, the odds of re-injury go up significantly, not to mention that we run the risk of them having tired legs in a game against Phoenix on Friday, and who knows, we could still get back up to the 6 spot if the Kings don't rest people and try to beat the Warriors that night.

Listening to LeBron's post-game comments, I am about 90% sure that he's not going to play against the Clippers. And given our management of AD, even in an extremely winnable game against Houston recently, I'm about 80% sure he's not playing, either.

What would Kobe do?

You have an entire off season to rest and mend. 6 is miles away better than the play in where anything can happen. Give me a full series any day of the week.

and what happened to Kobe?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:49 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Laker Hefe wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

What would Kobe do?

Had a 20 year playing career filled with deep playoff runs while playing whenever he physically could?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker Hefe wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

What would Kobe do?

Had a 20 year playing career filled with deep playoff runs while playing whenever he physically could?

74 72 3/30/2013 34-219 LAL SAC W (+5) 1 47:37:00
75 73 4/2/2013 34-222 LAL DAL W (+20) 1 47:04:00
76 74 4/5/2013 34-225 LAL MEM W (+2) 1 42:32:00
77 75 4/7/2013 34-227 LAL LAC L (-14) 1 47:20:00
78 76 4/9/2013 34-229 LAL NOH W (+8) 1 41:06:00
79 77 4/10/2013 34-230 LAL POR W (+7) 1 48:00:00
80 78 4/12/2013 34-232 LAL GSW W (+2) 1 44:54:00
him being the dominant player ended at this point.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject:

The only way to ensure nobody ever gets hurt is to have them never play.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:58 am    Post subject:

It's the Sail Boat Crew. They've beaten us 10 straight. No Country For Old Men. Leave everything on the floor. Bron, AD, and Dlo need to man up and play. If they're really unable to go I understand. If they have to play through pain, tighten up the jockstrap and get it on. If the Lakers are gonna lose, lose like warriors. Go home limping, heads up, and smiling. Playoffs or bust! JMHO👴🏾

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45
Jump to: