WHAT IF GEORGE LUCAS RE-MADE THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS TRILOGY?...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
ocho wrote:
buduan wrote:
ocho wrote:
buduan wrote:
ocho wrote:
buduan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
ocho wrote:
oh sweet jesus no.

episodes 1-3 were such atrocious movies. lucas didn't even try on these films and if he did, it just shows how he has lost every creative fiber in his body.

the star wars prequels seemed more about lucas pushing his agenda of digital filmmaking than anything else. and of course...lots of money. i watched empire today too (i think we both have hbo LB) and the original films look so much better than the new ones. know why? because the new ones are all CGI and nothing else. yoda is CGI. the ships are CGI. the planets are CGI. jar jar "the reason i exist is so i can be a merchandising tie-in with mcdonals" binks is CGI. not to mention the storyetelling in the prequels was horrid. everything about them really.

it's a series that never should have been messed with. i still remember that dark day when the dvds of the original trilogy came out and they altered the last scene of return of the jedi by inserting hayden christensen's ghost in. shameful.

The series died for me prior to the prequels.

I loved The Empire Strikes Back, as it was much better than Star Wars. However Lucas revealed his dark side, when he made all of those miserable little stuffed animals and assorted merchandising crap in Return of the Jedi. He sold his soul just in time for the Christmas season, making it even more wretched. The movie as pretty awful as well, the weakest and most melodramatic story of the entire series.

I have never watched episodes 1 through 3 of the prequel series. I anticipate ruing the day when my son makes me watch the prequels, and then starts bugging me for the toys.

Just because the nerds came out for Star Wars doesn't mean it wasn't a kid movie. They came out for Harry Potter also, are you going to tell me those weren't kids movies either?

no, they're not kids movies. they're not kids books either. they're books for everybody.

Sure they are.

the harry potter books are pretty dark and scary for kids...especially the newer ones.

as for star wars...i can see how someone can argue that episode 1 was for kids. the original trilogy? no way. i think you're confusing entertainmnt that anyone can enjoy vs. entertainment targeted specifically for children. i'd bet that there are more adult star wars fans than kid star wars fans.

shrek? aladdin? lion king? movies for kids. harry potter and star wars? those are for everyone.

Again, how old were these 30 year old fans when they saw the original 3? And now they watch the latest 3 and hate them. Meanwhile kids who are their age now LOVE the new Star Wars trilogy.

Robots, furry creatures, aliens with mystical powers, and these AREN'T kids movies? Who you trying to kid?

people didn't like the prequels because they sucked.

my little brother who was 9 when the first prequel came out does not like them either. he likes the original trilogy much better. can you really not see the difference in quality between both trilogies?

as for your sweeping generalizations of robots, furry creatures, and aliens with mystical powers... i suggest you go watch the terminator movies, alien, predator, 2001 and pan's labyrinth and then come tell me those are kids movies.

Here is a small little difference. There is blood and rampant murdering in those flicks. People disappear or just slump over if they die in Star Wars. Another hallmark of a kids movie.

there is no graphic death in 2001. is graphic death the benchmark for adult films? anything without bloddy violence is a kids movie? in star wars, limbs get chopped off (shots are shown of bloddy severed limbs). episode 3 of star wars is pretty gruesome in its depiction of anakin getting burned by the lava. there is also implied child murder in episode 3. people are electrocuted, dismembered, shot, burned and tortured in the star wars movies.
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
ocho wrote:
buduan wrote:
ocho wrote:
buduan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
ocho wrote:
oh sweet jesus no.

episodes 1-3 were such atrocious movies. lucas didn't even try on these films and if he did, it just shows how he has lost every creative fiber in his body.

the star wars prequels seemed more about lucas pushing his agenda of digital filmmaking than anything else. and of course...lots of money. i watched empire today too (i think we both have hbo LB) and the original films look so much better than the new ones. know why? because the new ones are all CGI and nothing else. yoda is CGI. the ships are CGI. the planets are CGI. jar jar "the reason i exist is so i can be a merchandising tie-in with mcdonals" binks is CGI. not to mention the storyetelling in the prequels was horrid. everything about them really.

it's a series that never should have been messed with. i still remember that dark day when the dvds of the original trilogy came out and they altered the last scene of return of the jedi by inserting hayden christensen's ghost in. shameful.

I loved The Empire Strikes Back, as it was much better than Star Wars. However Lucas revealed his dark side, when he made all of those miserable little stuffed animals and assorted merchandising crap in Return of the Jedi. He sold his soul just in time for the Christmas season, making it even more wretched. The movie as pretty awful as well, the weakest and most melodramatic story of the entire series.

I have never watched episodes 1 through 3 of the prequel series. I anticipate ruing the day when my son makes me watch the prequels, and then starts bugging me for the toys.

Just because the nerds came out for Star Wars doesn't mean it wasn't a kid movie. They came out for Harry Potter also, are you going to tell me those weren't kids movies either?

no, they're not kids movies. they're not kids books either. they're books for everybody.

Sure they are.

the harry potter books are pretty dark and scary for kids...especially the newer ones.

as for star wars...i can see how someone can argue that episode 1 was for kids. the original trilogy? no way. i think you're confusing entertainmnt that anyone can enjoy vs. entertainment targeted specifically for children. i'd bet that there are more adult star wars fans than kid star wars fans.

shrek? aladdin? lion king? movies for kids. harry potter and star wars? those are for everyone.

Again, how old were these 30 year old fans when they saw the original 3? And now they watch the latest 3 and hate them. Meanwhile kids who are their age now LOVE the new Star Wars trilogy.

Robots, furry creatures, aliens with mystical powers, and these AREN'T kids movies? Who you trying to kid?

Just because kids like Star Wars doesn't mean that it was meant for kids. My 10 year old nephew's favorite movie is the Matrix. All those crazy action scenes, acrobatic moves, and explosions would make any kid go crazy. However, while he may like the action sequences he doesn't really understand the plot at all. This is not suprising considering the plot is way too deep and complex for him to really grasp fully. The same can be said for Star Wars. Of course the little kids love the light sabers, crazy creatures, and laser beams...but who doesn't? Like the Matrix though, few of those kids really have any kind of understanding of the movie past the action sequences and funny creatures.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject:

The Buss wrote:
buduan wrote:
ocho wrote:
buduan wrote:
ocho wrote:
buduan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
ocho wrote:
oh sweet jesus no.

Sure they are.

Just because kids like Star Wars doesn't mean that it was meant for kids. My 10 year old nephew's favorite movie is the Matrix. All those crazy action scenes, acrobatic moves, and explosions would make any kid go crazy. However, while he may like the action sequences he doesn't really understand the plot at all. This is not suprising considering the plot is way too deep and complex for him to really grasp fully. The same can be said for Star Wars. Of course the little kids love the light sabers, crazy creatures, and laser beams...but who doesn't? Like the Matrix though, few of those kids really have any kind of understanding of the movie past the action sequences and funny creatures.

Exactly! Hell, when WE were young and watching the Star Wars trilogy, we didn't know what the hell was going on for the most part either, we just liked the action, the spaceships and light sabers/laser guns. So the same can be said for the kids today that watch the prequels.

Also, someone remind buduan that studios know a PG/PG-13 rating means MORE MONEY at the box office because the WHOLE FAMILY can go as opposed to an R rating with blood and guts and curse words all over the place that limit the movie-going audience.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: