LAKERS -at- SUNS - 2/20 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
I swear Kobe and Pau must have been lovers in a past life. The transition has been so effortless. Absolutely no growing pains, no adjustment period...it was like love at first sight.

must have been those secret workouts in spain this summer
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject:

Frenetic pace to the game left me too wired to go to bed last night.

Kobe = MVP. Can't say enough about the game he had, except that I've always said that if Kobe is efficient, the Lakers are usually unbeatable.

Pau's adapting so easily it looks like he's been playing in the system for years. Love the little skyhook at the end of the 3rd. Also, it's funny watching the ESPN hi-lights how they make it a point to show Shaq sprinting back on defense, but if you really looking at the plays that capped the game, Pau was dunking when Shaq hadn't even crossed halfcourt. Pau did get pushed around in the paint too much which should be a concern until Bynum gets back.

Memo to LO - see what aggression can do? Now just finish a couple of gimmes and remember that if you pump fake, Amare will be bite and then be toast.

Why Phil left the small lineup in during the 4th when Phx went big, I'll never know.

DB: Phx will better integrate Shaq in the offense, but that was never their problem. They still put up 124. So is he really an upgrade over Marion? Offensively, it's a wash. However, I think Marion would have hit a number of those wide open 3's that Diaw clanked.

Defensively is where Phx will be lacking. Kobe scorched Raja (probably would've had 50+ if the refs didn't allow all of the bodying and handchecking. Thankfully Shaq took care of Raja anyway)

Kobe is too quick for Hill, so who do they turn to? A rookie? In the 4th Q? You gotta be kidding. Plus anytime the Lakers needed a bucket, they took advantage of Shaq either on the dribble handoff or in p&r situations. And if they run the two man game with Pau and LO, neither Shaq nor Amare want to defend that.
wh03lse
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject:

you know what made me the most happy was when gasol dunked it or something and he just popped his jersey showing the lakers logo on the front so freakn cool haha it was like the extreme pride in his yelling after the play great game!

man if anyone can find it...someone post a link with pau holdng his jersey out after that great dunk

Last edited by wh03lse on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nice recap DB

Steve Nash is scary. Doubling him most often leads to wide open shots. He very adept at finding the open man. Stop his penetration he drops off for easy eight ten footers. He seldom misses from the free throw line in and has the heart to finish at the rim. LO's playing like the player he was signed to be. Rebounding, scoring and playing point forward. His outside shot needs honing but he's not afraid to take it. The acquisition of Pau has allowed him to play to his strengths. I'm apprehensive about Kobe's finger. Last night he had the awareness to block with his left hand but in the heat of battle I'm fearful he'll go for the block without thinking and hurt himself. He's a winner and I'm afraid he'll forget. His shot is back, evidence, last night's game. When the season started I thought we'd go deep into the playoffs. Now, I'm thinking about winning it all. When we get healthy we have as good a chance as any of the elites.

Kobe always blocks with his left hand.

Perfect music.
frenzy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject:

wh03lse wrote:
you know what made me the most happy was when gasol dunked it or something and he just popped his jersey showing the lakers logo on the front so freakn cool haha it was like the extreme pride in his yelling after the play great game!

man if anyone can find it...someone post a link with pau holdng his jersey out after that great dunk

I love that too I was surprise Pau didn't get a T from Salvatore
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject:

the end of that game took my voice with it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: