do you wash your hands everytime you go to the bathroom?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Your immune system is like an army. If you don't give it something small to practice on, what makes you think it will be ready when the big germ hits?

If the big germ hits, chances are it (the immune system) hasn't seen it, and so what you're saying is irrelevant.

FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
24 wrote:
Your immune system is like an army. If you don't give it something small to practice on, what makes you think it will be ready when the big germ hits?

In the grand scheme of things, I agree- immune challenge is a good thing.

But if you're spreading your germs to many others, some might get very sick by chance.
There's also a chance that one time you don't wash very well, you'll make yourself very ill, perhaps ill enough to die.

And then there's the fact that it just feels dirty to not wash your hands.

And you just know there are folks out there who don't wash their hands after wiping.

E.Coli anyone?
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
You have more germs in your mouth right now than you could ever possibly have by not washing your hands after taking a whiz. I mean, it's just bio-matter.

There's no E.Coli in "my" mouth.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject:

FredG wrote:
24 wrote:

If the big germ hits, chances are it (the immune system) hasn't seen it, and so what you're saying is irrelevant.

Actually, the best defense against a "new" germ is a quality immune system, honed by years of combat with unwashed hands and mexican tap-water
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject:

FredG wrote:
You folks who don't wash your hands are just nasty. For you fellas, how would you feel about touching someone else's penis? Because that's basically what's happening.

Just like how taking a sip out of another mans drink makes you gay right?
Because everyone knows that means you made out with another dude.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: do you wash your hands everytime you go to the bathroom?

Lakers999 wrote:
im gonna be honest with you guys and say i dont.... i mean when i take a piss i dont touch any parts of the bathroom or body part i simply stand, unzip, pull down the front, pee and flush the handle with my foot. HOWEVER i do wash my hands when i have to wipe my ass from taking a deuce

**lakers999, on the DO NOT SHAKE HANDS WITH, check list***
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
FredG wrote:
You folks who don't wash your hands are just nasty. For you fellas, how would you feel about touching someone else's penis? Because that's basically what's happening.

Only if you stick your tongue out while drinking.

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject:

We have an immune system for a reason guys, if you can get taken down by some germ in a bathroom that's nature telling you you're not fit to survive.
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
We have an immune system for a reason guys, if you can get taken down by some germ in a bathroom that's nature telling you you're not fit to survive.

PREACH

By the way this may be interesting to some:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/09/17/dirty.hands.ap/index.html

Apparently I'm part of the massive 1/3 of the male population.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

The Mexicans live by this POV. The final restroom in Mexico at the walk thru border crossing into the US is ironically one of nastiest in TJ. It never disappoints. I like when you can smell the (bleep) and urine from 10 feet away, makes you know you're alive.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject:

FredG wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
FredG wrote:

Only if you stick your tongue out while drinking.

You're both wrong. It's only gay if the other man is holding the drink up to your mouth. If you take a chug off of your dad's beer, that's not inherently gay. If you have TWO dads....then it's gay as hell. There are always gray areas in life.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

PREACH

thanks for the link. I'm part of the 88% percent female population that washes their hands.

Quote:
Frequent hand washing is the single best thing people can do to avoid getting sick, from colds and the flu to germs lurking in food, doctors say. And a recent Harris Interactive survey found 92 percent of Americans said they usually or always wash up after using the bathroom.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

PREACH

thanks for the link. I'm part of the 88% percent female population that washes their hands.

Quote:
Frequent hand washing is the single best thing people can do to avoid getting sick, from colds and the flu to germs lurking in food, doctors say. And a recent Harris Interactive survey found 92 percent of Americans said they usually or always wash up after using the bathroom.

Washing your hands isn't vital, I assure you. If it was I would get sick, but I haven't in years.
F.N.G.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

PREACH

Quote:

Washing your hands isn't vital, I assure you. If it was I would get sick, but I haven't in years.

It may not be vital, but for those of us who wash their hands, it's disgusting to think we have to shake the hands, touch the doorknob or other after someone who didn't wash their hands. As someone mentioned earlier...it's just common courtesy.

Think of this...if you don't think that it is vital, what about some of the food preparers that follow your thought process. Not every place requires sanitary gloves when preparing your food. Does it make you feel good that the guy who's making your hamburger or burrito or sandwich just went to the bathroom and didn't wash his hands?

Anyone that says they're okay with that is in denial...and I don't mean the river.
BT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

PREACH

From that link:

Quote:
Nearly three-fourths of Americans said they always wash up after changing a diaper, 78 percent said they do so after handling or eating food
What the... why not ask about washing up BEFORE?

And yes, you probably won't die if you don't wash up your hands. As you won't if you don't wear safety belts or helmets when you aren't involved in a crash accident.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject:

F.N.G. wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

PREACH

Quote:

It may not be vital, but for those of us who wash their hands, it's disgusting to think we have to shake the hands, touch the doorknob or other after someone who didn't wash their hands. As someone mentioned earlier...it's just common courtesy.

Think of this...if you don't think that it is vital, what about some of the food preparers that follow your thought process. Not every place requires sanitary gloves when preparing your food. Does it make you feel good that the guy who's making your hamburger or burrito or sandwich just went to the bathroom and didn't wash his hands?

Anyone that says they're okay with that is in denial...and I don't mean the river.

REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

PREACH

Quote:

Again, touch any object in the workplace and you'll get germs. Do you expect to live a germ free life? Get real. As I said, the school desk is full of germs yet no one cares to on that, for example.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

E.Coli is real my friend. And even a healthy immune system has problems dealing with it.

And don't forget, germs mutate.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

PREACH

Quote:

If true, you are one of the lucky ones...

...but that's no reason to ruin it for everyone else.

And I hope you "knocked on wood" before making that reply.

FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
raffi wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

PREACH

Quote:

Again, touch any object in the workplace and you'll get germs. Do you expect to live a germ free life? Get real. As I said, the school desk is full of germs yet no one cares to on that, for example.

I don't think anyone expects to live a germ free life, but taking precautions to minimize exposure and transmission of germs/disease is just a healthy way to live.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject:

This isn't about you.

You may live a perfectly healthier life, and your immune system might even be healthier as a result of repeated exposure to pathogens.

But as long as you don't live in a vacuum, and especially since you're planning to be in the service industry where you will be serving people food, you'd better wash your hands if you have any conscience.

Also it's not always about germs you know?
If the toilet seat has been bleached and autoclaved, would you eat your meals off of it?
A corpse is often cleaned up very nicely at the hospitals; would you lick it?

The thought of a food chain employee not washing his hands- probably way too common but still
Alpha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Here's what you do, homie. Just get a big marker and a ladder and change the sign to "32 Flavors".

Alpha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
One-third of men didn't bother to wash after using the bathroom, compared with 12 percent of women, said the researchers who spy on people in public restrooms. They reported their latest findings Monday at a meeting of infectious disease scientists.

Wow I didn't know that there was a career for professional perverts.

btw (as the article also mentioned) those hand sanitizers (i.e. purell, etc.) are not as great as many think. Antibacterial stuff like this and hand soap also kill the "good" bacteria on your hands... the ones that help your immune system. Stay away from all that crud as well.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
This isn't about you.

You may live a perfectly healthier life, and your immune system might even be healthier as a result of repeated exposure to pathogens.

But as long as you don't live in a vacuum, and especially since you're planning to be in the service industry where you will be serving people food, you'd better wash your hands if you have any conscience.

Also it's not always about germs you know?
If the toilet seat has been bleached and autoclaved, would you eat your meals off of it?
A corpse is often cleaned up very nicely at the hospitals; would you lick it?

The thought of a food chain employee not washing his hands- probably way too common but still

I have to say that an employee who wiped with his hand and didn't wash afterward would probably be actually lessening the danger of the food at McDonalds or Jackin the Box....
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Disgusting. Wash your hands or you're a woolley slob. Some guy could've masturbated before using whatever you've just touched. Never mind your health - you wanna walk around and eat your toblerones with a stranger's dried tadpoles on your hands?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM

Last edited by C M B on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: