The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2083, 2084, 2085 ... 2105, 2106, 2107  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:51 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
Lebron can’t play an entire game anymore. He gets so tired. Watching Murray go 3/15 and then come alive while our big guns faded tells us all we need to know.

He really has no choice.

I didn’t mean the entire game like 48m. I meant 4 quarters. He could barely move in the 4th.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

He took that last shot way too early in the shot clock.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

had 11 seconds left, he can be patient, go to the basket, or kick it to DLO for the three. Anything that ensures that Denver doesn't get enough time to tie it if we score, or win it if we don't score.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

He took it because KCP fell down and nobody was near him, if KCP didn’t fell, he probably wouldn’t took that 3. If you watch the replay, Murray was guarding DLO while DLO was near the free throw line, Murray didn’t even make an attempt to challenge lebron’s 3 because under no circumstances they were going to let DLO shoot. It is what it is, I have no issue with the shot. Keep in mind that Murray took a much tougher shot to beat us
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

had 11 seconds left, he can be patient, go to the basket, or kick it to DLO for the three. Anything that ensures that Denver doesn't get enough time to tie it if we score, or win it if we don't score.

Even if shot clock expired nuggets had enough time and to left. Try harder next time
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

They had a TO left, so they would get a shot off regardless.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

He would have been crucified for it, if he passed up an open shot and if DLO/Rui missed the shot... It's one of those damn if you do, damn if you don't moment for him.

He also was not expecting KCP to fall there which left him wide open. Most likely milked the clock if he didn't fall.

There so many what if's in this game. We only needed 1 in that last 3-4 minutes to win. But should have not been in that situation in the first place with a 20pt lead.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
If Bron was smart, he would head East this summer, he's not getting a ring staying in the wild wild West and we can finally get rid of his terrible contract.

How is his contract terrible? Enlighten me

Because he's getting paid more than what his actual impact on the floor is. Which leaves the Lakers overrelying on him and AD to win (and even when they both play great it's still not enough against the top teams).

And by all reports he's looking to opt out and get paid even MORE by the Lakers, which would handicap them further.

Unless LeBron takes a significant paycut he has no chance of winning another championship here or ANYWHERE.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Defender falls. Wide wide wide open 3. I have to live with my max player taking that shot. Waste an extra 6 seconds to get a lower % shot? He missed it. That’s all there is to it. Denver had enough time regardless.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:12 pm    Post subject:

A guy falls down and leaves you wide open and you are one of the best 3pt shooters in the league statistically, Bron has to take that shot. If he was 0 for the night no, but he had just made two.

The problem is AD shot another four 3 pt shots again and he's one the worst 3PT shooters in the league. They probably win if those shots had gone to better shooters..

Last edited by ducasse on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Defender falls. Wide wide wide open 3. I have to live with my max player taking that shot. Waste an extra 6 seconds to get a lower % shot? He missed it. That’s all there is to it. Denver had enough time regardless.

Yup. There’s no guarantee they get an easier look. Gordon and Jokic were down in the paint right at that moment and Lebron had already been struggling to finish against them at the rim due to fatigue.

Denver picked up the defense and we were struggling to get open looks all second half. Wide open 3 after you’ve made a few already…I’ll live with that
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Yup. There’s no guarantee they get an easier look. Gordon and Jokic were down in the paint right at that moment and Lebron had already been struggling to finish against them at the rim due to fatigue.

Denver picked up the defense and we were struggling to get open looks all second half. Wide open 3 after you’ve made a few already…I’ll live with that

awwww.....sadly this is the case.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Man i dont even have the energy to even praise Bron's great performance tonight because they lost like this even though I bashed him nonstop after game 1.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
If Bron was smart, he would head East this summer, he's not getting a ring staying in the wild wild West and we can finally get rid of his terrible contract.

Because he's getting paid more than what his actual impact on the floor is. Which leaves the Lakers overrelying on him and AD to win (and even when they both play great it's still not enough against the top teams).

And by all reports he's looking to opt out and get paid even MORE by the Lakers, which would handicap them further.

Unless LeBron takes a significant paycut he has no chance of winning another championship here or ANYWHERE.

25/7/8 on 55/41/75 shooting splits while playing 71 games not worth the max contract…….
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:42 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

25/7/8 on 55/41/75 shooting splits while playing 71 games not worth the max contract…….

Stats don't tell the whole story, but keep using those as a crutch. Compare those stats to LeBron form 2018, LeBron from 2013. Now ask yourself this, if you replaced current LeBron with one of those younger versions of LeBron, would the Lakers strugle to barely make the play-in and loose 10 in a row against Denver?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Stats don't tell the whole story, but keep using those as a crutch. Compare those stats to LeBron form 2018, LeBron from 2013. Now ask yourself this, if you replaced current LeBron with one of those younger versions of LeBron, would the Lakers strugle to barely make the play-in and loose 10 in a row against Denver?

What you saying is that younger lebron was under paid because he was. Denver not any team would stand a chance against a younger lebron but the point is he played well worth his contract and it is a short contract, so how is it a terrible contract? And why would he take pay cuts if he can put up numbers like those while putting people into their seats?
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:47 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

God you're annoying. Are you doing this on purpose?? No he's obviously worth that money, don't care about his fake stats. Wtf is wrong with you?
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:48 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Man i dont even have the energy to even praise Bron's great performance tonight

Please 😆
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:49 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
What you saying is that younger lebron was under paid because he was. Denver not any team would stand a chance against a younger lebron but the point is he played well worth his contract and it is a short contract, so how is it a terrible contract? And why would he take pay cuts if he can put up numbers like those while putting people into their seats?

I mean, if the Lakers goal is to have LeBron pad his career stats and put people on their seats while the team struggles to barely make it into the playoffs, sure... But if the goal is to win championships and be legit contenders, it doesn't leave much wiggle room.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I mean, if the Lakers goal is to have LeBron pad his career stats and put people on their seats while the Lakers struggle to barely make it into the playoffs, sure... But if the goal is to win championships and be legit contenders, it doesn't leave much wiggle room.

His game play this year worth max contract, and if he wants to take a pay cut then I will be grateful, but you can’t tell me his current contract is horrible
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Fair take...

You don't think this team is a trade or two, and reliable coach away from competing?
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:55 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Fair take...

You don't think this team is a trade or two, and reliable coach away from competing?

If we switched head coaches we would sweep this series and be the favorite to win the title. If we had a good coach all season we'd have been a top 3 seed.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:57 pm    Post subject:

LeBron's going to be fined. But he's correct

Quote:
@HoopMixOnly
LeBron is pissed

"I don't understand what's going on in the replay center, to be honest... What the f--k do we have a replay center... Makes no sense to me. It bothers me."(video in link)
https://twitter.com/HoopMixOnly/status/1782641549496471990

yep..

Day wrote:

If we switched head coaches we would sweep this series and be the favorite to win the title. If we had a good coach all season we'd have been a top 3 seed.

People always go "This team just isn't good enough..." however... give Spo this roster.

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Gabe Vincent / Max Christie
Taurean Prince / Cam Reddish
Rui Hachimura
Christian Wood / Jaxson Hayes

And we're top 4 in the West and a Championship favorite by the start of April.

Know the funny thing too? If Ham doesn't punt mid-December to mid-January we'd have been a Top 4 team in the West this year anyway.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:01 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Fair take...

I believe the trade would have to be for another All-Star level player like a Donovan Mitchell while at the same time not completely skewering the bench/depth, which again will be harder to do if LeBron is looking for a $60+ million a year contract with the Lakers moving forward.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:04 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I mean, if the Lakers goal is to have LeBron pad his career stats and put people on their seats while the Lakers struggle to barely make it into the playoffs, sure... But if the goal is to win championships and be legit contenders, it doesn't leave much wiggle room.

His game play this year worth max contract, and if he wants to take a pay cut then I will be grateful, but you can’t tell me his current contract is horrible

I never said 'horrible'. That was another poster. Horrible is of course an exaggeration and not giving LeBron his dues to what he's been able to do at this age. But it is extremely limiting for the team and for himself. LeBron has earned the right to ask for whatever contract he wants, but realistically if he wants to give himself the best chance to contend for more titles he would pull a Tom Brady/Tim Duncan and skim some off the top.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2083, 2084, 2085 ... 2105, 2106, 2107  Next
Page 2084 of 2107
Jump to: