OFFICIAL: College Football 2006 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Troy Smith is my man. I read an article about him today at benmaller.com about his love of In-n-Out Burger. Anyone who loves In-n-Out is alright with me.

Dwayne Jarrett played like he was on his way to the NFL. The reason? The antics he pulled at the Rose Bowl. Pointing, handing the ball off to the DB - only in the NFL do you pull that off. Don't get me wrong, I'm an 'SC homer, but really DJ?

Boise State...what can I say? That was an awesome game. Period.

Notre Dame? Dang. No wins in bowl games on how many years? But they travel well. ND in Bowl games = hotel room sellouts.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Before he busted the Ex-Presidents, Johnny Utah was the star quarterback for Ohio State.

"You're goin' down Bohdi. People trusted you...... and they died!"

We all know a knee injury ended Johnny Utah's football career (against USC in the Rose Bowl), but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate his heyday at The Ohio State.

"I am an FBI agent!".

So, if you like Point Break, Ohio State or Keanu Reeves, here you go:

A MUST HAVE FOR ANY tOSU FAN!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Kobe8 wrote:
Troy Smith is my man. I read an article about him today at benmaller.com about his love of In-n-Out Burger. Anyone who loves In-n-Out is alright with me.

Dwayne Jarrett played like he was on his way to the NFL. The reason? The antics he pulled at the Rose Bowl. Pointing, handing the ball off to the DB - only in the NFL do you pull that off. Don't get me wrong, I'm an 'SC homer, but really DJ?

Boise State...what can I say? That was an awesome game. Period.

Notre Dame? Dang. No wins in bowl games on how many years? But they travel well. ND in Bowl games = hotel room sellouts.

I don't like the taunting stuff that DJ did either. No need for that, Michigan isn't a team that is talking a lot of smack, just play the game.

Notre Dame is so comical, they should have lost to both Mich St and UCLA during the regular season, so it isn't like it is any big surprise really to see LSU light them up.

Hopefully Ohio St and Florida will be a great game, I think no matter who wins this bowl season will forever belong to Boise State.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject:

Letterman's Top 10 List

Top Ten Signs You're Watching Too Much College Football
10. During breakfast, you ask your son to pass the Nokia Sugar Bowl
9. Canceled family trip to Mexico, going to Boise State instead
8. Mailed nude photos of yourself to Brent Musburger
7. Insist on being called "Coach" even though you're a dentist
6. Told your daughter, "I'd love to go to your wedding, but the Northern Illinois-TCU is on"
5. Every time you walk ten yards, three of your friends have to move the chains
4. Instead of a shower, you dump a bucket of Gatorade on yourself
3. Always asking, "What would Joe Paterno do?"
2. Your solution to Iraq-- "I dunno, a playoff system?"
1. In bed, your wife says, "Get a Trojan" -- you come back with USC Kicker Mario Danelo
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Wow, another tragedy for USC. ESPN just reported that Mario Danelo, the placekicker for SC was found dead today.

My condolences to the family.

Fight On, Mario.
aFFie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject:

THE F IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Florida made a statement, 41-14 over Ohio State. That coupled with the routing of Michigan by USC, you know Ohio State has been overrated all season. Michigan didn't deserve a sniff at #2, but they were #3 based on playing Ohio State tough. Ohio State did beat an overrated Texas team, an overrated Iowa and an overrated Michigan. Texas was only decent non-conference team Ohio State played. Ohio State's non-conference schedule included Northern Illinois, Cincinati and Bowing Green. USC played good non-conference teams like Arkansas, Nebraska and Notre Dame. Ohio State played a soft schedule, which really showed when they played Florida.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Florida made a statement, 41-14 over Ohio State. That coupled with the routing of Michigan by USC, you know Ohio State has been overrated all season. Michigan didn't deserve a sniff at #2, but they were #3 based on playing Ohio State tough. Ohio State did beat an overrated Texas team, an overrated Iowa and an overrated Michigan. Texas was only decent non-conference team Ohio State played. Ohio State's non-conference schedule included Northern Illinois, Cincinati and Bowing Green. USC played good non-conference teams like Arkansas, Nebraska and Notre Dame. Ohio State played a soft schedule, which really showed when they played Florida.

Exactly.

Typical Midwest, Big 10 overhyped, slow footed team. Losing Ginn hurt them, but they could have had 5 Ginn's and still would have gotten worked.

Complete domination by the Gators in every phase of the game, including coaching.

What I don't get is why every year the Big 10 is so hyped. Big stadiums, big crowds, slow overrated Northern Teams.

All real college football in the United States is played from Oklahoma and south. Cut a line across the country at the top of Oklahoma with the exception of Boise, ID this year and that is about it.

Troy Smith looked horrible, Ohio St is a team of pansies and clearly the real best teams are probably Florida, LSU, USC and Boise State

Michigan, Notre Dame and Ohio St are relics from another era.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Boise St. is the enfacto best team but they probably barely crack the top 5.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
angel wrote:

Exactly.

Typical Midwest, Big 10 overhyped, slow footed team. Losing Ginn hurt them, but they could have had 5 Ginn's and still would have gotten worked.

Complete domination by the Gators in every phase of the game, including coaching.

What I don't get is why every year the Big 10 is so hyped. Big stadiums, big crowds, slow overrated Northern Teams.

All real college football in the United States is played from Oklahoma and south. Cut a line across the country at the top of Oklahoma with the exception of Boise, ID this year and that is about it.

Troy Smith looked horrible, Ohio St is a team of pansies and clearly the real best teams are probably Florida, LSU, USC and Boise State

Wow. What an ass kicking of epic proportions. Ohio State proved to be another overrated nothing from a weak conference. The 'Heisman Trophy Winner' was horrid, and tOSU had no answers for the Florida defense. OSU embarrassed themselves, their conference and their fans. What a joke. OSU got their asses handed to them, and quite frankly, Boise State would have handled the Buckeyes the same way Florida did. But I think Boise is better than Florida. It's not like Florida did anything special - except expose OSU as just another overrated, bumbling team from an overrated conference. Troy Smith should give his Heisman back.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject:

NestT wrote:
This letter written by the Univeristy of Oklahoma President to Big XII Commissioner has been floating around the net today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Commissioner Weiberg:

To describe the lapses in ordinary playcalling in the Fiesta Bowl football game on Monday night as constituting an outrageous injustice is an understatement. Since defensive preparation is a conference responsibility as opposed to an individual institutional responsibility, we must look to you to launch a vigorous effort to correct the situation.

On behalf of the University of Oklahoma, I ask that you as Big 12 Commissioner take the following actions:

- First, seek an apology from Boise State's coaches for running grossly unusual offensive plays without telling us what they were doing beforehand.

- Second, since institutions, players, and coaches are held responsible by conferences and the NCAA for their actions, those who executed the plays should also be held responsible. At the very least, those found responsible for lateraling the ball on the hook-and-ladder play and the guy who hid the ball behind his back on the Statue of Liberty play in the closing minutes of the game should be suspended from the NFL draft.

- Third, it is my understanding that Boise State has a rule that they will only use legal plays in games with other teams in bowl games. In light of what happened Monday, Oklahoma should request that Boise State change its rule to assure they will only use plays that we know they are going to use.

- Fourth, the Big 12 should request that the game should not go into the record books as a win or loss by either team in light of the level of sneakiness in Boise State's playbook.

- Fifth, the Big 12 should place on the appropriate agendas of NCAA meetings and meetings of the conference commissioners a discussion of how such "trick plays" should be executed.

Since the University of Oklahoma is required by conference sportsmanship rules to limit their comments in situations like this, we must look to you as the commissioner of the Big 12 Conference to vigorously demand that our teams not be subjected to such underhanded tomfoolery and creative chicanery on the gridiron.

It is truly sad and deeply disappointing that members of our football team should be deprived of the outcome of the game that they deserved because of an inexcusable breakdown in the Sooners' ability to stop opponents from such uncalled-for nonsense as lateraling to another player and hiding the ball behind their backs.

In closing, waaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sincerely,
David L. Boren
President, The University of Oklahoma

Figures NestT would play the ass card.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject:

4-14 for 36 yards and an interception???!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!

Troy Smith was HORRIBLE in the biggest game of his life.

Everyone all together now:

OVER-RATED!!
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject:

First, Joakim Noah (bleep)-slaps UCLA, then Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow & Chris Leak do the same to the Ohio State Overrated Buckeyes. That's the most ponits scored against the Overrated Buckeyes since 1999. For now, Florida is on top of the NCAA sporting world. The Overrated Buckeyes simply return to the Bumbling Ten Conference. I think they go back knowing that USC, Florida, LSU, Boise, Cal, Oklahoma, Arkansas and hell, maybe even Notre Dame are better than them.

The Ohio State Overrated Buckeyes and their joke of a Heisman winner are at best, 10th in the country. At best.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject:

82 yards? 82 freaking yards in a championship game? What an absolute joke! 82 yards. The "#1 team in the nation", the Ohio State Overrated Buckeyes got 82 yards of total offense.

82 YARDS!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
angel wrote:

Exactly.

Wow. What an ass kicking of epic proportions. Ohio State proved to be another overrated nothing from a weak conference. The 'Heisman Trophy Winner' was horrid, and tOSU had no answers for the Florida defense. OSU embarrassed themselves, their conference and their fans. What a joke. OSU got their asses handed to them, and quite frankly, Boise State would have handled the Buckeyes the same way Florida did. But I think Boise is better than Florida. It's not like Florida did anything special - except expose OSU as just another overrated, bumbling team from an overrated conference. Troy Smith should give his Heisman back.

I hear you, but no way is Boise State's D better than those guys on Florida. Those guys are men, I give them their props, the SEC is brutal, every game is tough and it shows at the end.

Ohio State wanted a rematch with Michigan for the National Title. How stupid would that have been? Why not just give it to Notre Dame?
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I didn't watch the game. My college football season ended at 0:00 at the Rose Bowl. Does the 'SC win look really bad now?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Florida proved that they belonged. It's interesting that Florida's only loss was to Auburn. Auburn was beaten by Arkansas, but squeaked by Nebraska. USC absolutely destroyed Arkansas and routed Nebraska. The SEC is tough like the Pac-10, but USC didn't shy away from playing good teams including Arkansas. For good measure, USC beat up Notre Dame. It would be fun to see Florida play USC. Boise State deserves a high ranking, but they like Ohio State played a weak schedule, except Oklahoma. Florida deserved their title. The shame is Ohio State wasted our time by not being tested by enough quality competition prior to the BCS bowl.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Florida proved that they belonged. It's interesting that Florida's only loss was to Auburn. Auburn was beaten by Arkansas, but squeaked by Nebraska. USC absolutely destroyed Arkansas and routed Nebraska. The SEC is tough like the Pac-10, but USC didn't shy away from playing good teams including Arkansas. For good measure, USC beat up Notre Dame. It would be fun to see Florida play USC. Boise State deserves a high ranking, but they like Ohio State played a weak schedule, except Oklahoma. Florida deserved their title. The shame is Ohio State wasted our time by not being tested by enough quality competition prior to the BCS bowl.

USC tries to play the toughest schedule they can every year.

The Pac 10 is very underrated nationally, the basketball season this year is even proof of that. The schools in the Pac 10 compete with one another, even with the USC Football and UCLA basketball dynasties of the past.

Same with the SEC. Those schools in both football and hoops are going all out vs one another with great athletes, speed, coaching and support.

The Big 10 is where all the media honks in Detroit, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, etc can vote in "their" guys....but anyone with eyes knows the best HS football is played in the following states and in this order....California, Texas, Florida.

Schools like Notre Dame are only still competitive because of the undeserved BCS money they keep collecting. Why are they still playing in BCS bowl games? Shouldn't you have to win one first?

Michigan is the annual Rose Bowl patsy and most years Ohio State (OVERRATED) can't even beat them.

Enough already, Pac 10, SEC and Big 12 should start their own BCS.
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject:

great game by Florida.

Seems like many here think this is a conference thing. I do not.

Wisconsin still beat Arkansas from the great SEC.

I think the layoff really hurt OSU and Florida just wanted it more.

does not mean any conference sucks, teams change year by year.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I hear you, but no way is Boise State's D better than those guys on Florida. Those guys are men, I give them their props, the SEC is brutal, every game is tough and it shows at the end.

Ohio State wanted a rematch with Michigan for the National Title. How stupid would that have been? Why not just give it to Notre Dame?

I believe that was the wine talking last night. I don't think Boise is better than Florida. I think I also said something about ND being in the top-10, but again, that was just wine-induced euphoria.

Also, I think the backlash against the Big 10 is just a reaction to the Ohio State fans being as cocky as they've been all year. All we've heard is how the Big 10 heavyweights were going to steamroll USC and Florida. The thing is, I have respect for Michigan.

One thing the wine didn't affect though: my absolute shock about 82 total yards. 82 yards in a championship game? Amazing. I gained 82 yards walking in from the parking lot this morning.
C-BUS LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject:

Congrats to Florida. I knew the game was over when Ginn went limping off. Florida D-line won the game alone. Smith had no time to throw, and the few times he did there was nobody open with Ginn being out. Even with Ginn in there, our o-line got beat on just about every play. He was running for his life.

Our D finally showed signs of losing 9 starters. The previous games OSU would get big leads, and know the other team had to pass. Florida converted on a ton of 3rd downs.

What is with all the OSU hate? Did OSU fans come in here and gloat after USC lost to Texas last year or something? Or was it the 2 unranked teams you guys lost to this year?

Lakerlanny- A relic program? OSU is 4-1 in BCS games, with a National Championship, 2 #2 finish, and 2 #4 finishes. 9 players taken in the NFL draft, 5 of them being first rounders last year. Yeah, sounds like a relic program.

MY BCS title game prediction for next year is USC vs WV. USC will be great, and WV gets Louisville at home and should coast with their schedule.
Kdawg8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject:

Wow, I must say I'm in shock, never did I imagine anything like that could happen, that's why they play the games.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject:

They really need to do something about the 2 month lay off.... I think OSU played their last game a week before Thanksgivigings. And Michigan was the last competitive team they played (when was that game)?

Who would of thought Florida would hold the Football and Basketball Titles at the same time?!?!? Hell, how's the baseball team?

Either way, hats off to UF....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject:

C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:

What is with all the OSU hate? Did OSU fans come in here and gloat after USC lost to Texas last year or something? Or was it the 2 unranked teams you guys lost to this year?

You tell me:

“You have 2 losses. Your season is over. Enjoy your win in the Consolation Bowl. Meanwhile, the real contenders are busy playing for the title.”
“With Auburn out of the picture USC is now the most overrated team in the country. If they could barely beat Washington and Washington State, they couldn't hold a candle to teams like Ohio State, Florida, Michigan, or West Virginia.”
“There is a big difference between a legitimate top 5 team and USC.”
“They way SC is playing they'll get tripped up by Cal or Oregon, if not both, and may be in for a whipping against Notre Dame.”
“At #2 USC was the most overrated team in the country and that's been obvious for a while.”
“They're not Top 10”

This obviously wasn't you, but your buckeye brethren. All season long we've been hearing it. So forgive us if we took extra joy in seeing the sweater-vest get beat down.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
The U.S. Army All-American Bowl is this Saturday at 10:00 am (Pacific) on NBC. This is the game that profiles all the 5-star recruits that typically, nobody passes up. Noel Devine isn't on the roster though and I haven't heard if he's hurt or what - maybe someone can give me some insight.

HERE'S the roster. It just looks like an SC all-star game, but it's not.

Also, for those who have never watched, it's become tradition for players to annoucne their college choices during the game. It's a pretty cool little thing they do there.

Props to John Mack for coaching the West to the win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25
Jump to: