***2023/2024 NBA Playoffs/Playins Discussion thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 266, 267, 268 ... 334, 335, 336  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 3:41 pm    Post subject:

okc is a year away but this series is far from over. They would have killed us had we played them.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
okc is a year away but this series is far from over. They would have killed us had we played them.

Thats funny.....would have killed us fans with laughter after we are done with either of these pretenders. They are like the Blazers when they made the WCF and Mavericks from 2022. A Complete and Utter JOKE
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Yea, just like how they 1-3 us during the regular season. Or regular season doesn't count? only your opinion matters?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 3:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Yea, just like how they 1-3 us during the regular season. Or regular season doesn't count? only your opinion matters?

If he cant see how worthless either of Dallas/OKC are, then this is a guy who has to accept that the 4 teams who make it to the end are the best 4 teams ALWAYS. No arguments can be given that this is not the case if you really cant see how worthless this iteration of Dallas and OKC really are. But dont worry, you will see how easily Denver picks apart most likely Dallas but also OKC when the time comes and you will act like you never mentioned how "strong" you thought either of these two frauds are.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 4:08 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Thats funny.....would have killed us fans with laughter after we are done with either of these pretenders. They are like the Blazers when they made the WCF and Mavericks from 2022. A Complete and Utter JOKE

The mavs are superior to us so to judge OKC off of playing them is funny. Luka is arguably 1A in the league. They are a better defensive team than us IMHO.Kyrie is scary.

if we played OKC, SGA would be the best player on the court. their defense is good and they are relentless. this imaginary thought that only the nuggs would beat us is hysterical. we arent that good. Saying otherwise doesn't make you more of a fan. Its just silly.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Halflife wrote:

The mavs are superior to us so to judge OKC off of playing them is funny. Luka is arguably 1A in the league. They are a better defensive team than us IMHO.Kyrie is scary.

if we played OKC, SGA would be the best player on the court. their defense is good and they are relentless. this imaginary thought that only the nuggs would beat us is hysterical. we arent that good. Saying otherwise doesn't make you more of a fan. Its just silly.

Are you saying SGA is better than Bron and AD? We won 3 and lost 1 to them this season. He's coming but he's not there yet.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 4:36 pm    Post subject:

PJ Washington is the guy that's swinging OKC/DAL series. MPJ swung the Lakers' series against DEN.

I think people underestimate how deficient the Lakers' supporting cast was against DEN. They don't defend and didn't consistently produce, with all 3 of them not shooting well.

The supporting casts outside of the 2 stars are the biggest differences between the Lakers and the teams still playing right now. They're getting enough high level scoring outside of their stars and their teams are playing great defense.

The Lakers are getting neither.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Watch what happens when Denver kicks the (bleep) out of the Mavericks much easier than they beat the Lakers. I want to see this same energy then. Only Denver beating the Lakers this year???? Maybe, maybe not, although I do respect Minnesota enough this year to think they for sure would have given the Lakers a hard time and possibly beaten them despite their lack of experience. Phoenix even though they got their asses handed to them could have been a problem this year for the Lakers as well. The scenario where nobody would have beaten LA except Denver.....that was last year. With a banged up Clippers squad, mentally weak Boston, talent-weak Miami and a Phoenix squad whose weaknesses (over-reliance on mid-range jump shooting shot variance, complete lack of depth, soft ass Ayton providing no interior defense against a team that punishes teams in the paint and a team that fouled a lot and did not shoot many free throws themselves) matched up perfectly to the Lakers strengths. Also need to give the C's some credit here as well. Last year, I felt we would beat Boston had we faced them. If we played them this year without the requisite level to beat Minnesota or Denver, I would say we would have had a less than 50% chance of beating Boston as well - it should actually be much lower but Boston will always find a way to be Boston despite Derrick White's awesome presence there.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Jrue Holiday playing amazing ball right now. He has 15 points mid-way through the 2nd quarter.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Likely the Lakers would have beaten any western conference team outside Denver in a 7 game series.

Unfortunately the faced Denver in round 1.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Likely the Lakers would have beaten any western conference team outside Denver in a 7 game series.

Unfortunately the faced Denver in round 1.

Agreed. Fully confident we would have man-handled an inexperienced OKC team, and AD has always made Gobert his (bleep).
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Anyone gonna help out Mitchell? Cavs players picked a bad time to (bleep) the bed
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Jrue Holiday playing amazing ball right now. He has 15 points mid-way through the 2nd quarter.

Imagine if we didn't throw away all those frp, we could have had enough assets to get him or Kyrie instead of DLo. Jrue and Kyrie are proven champions as well. Jrue was actually more responsible for the Bucks championship than a lot of people gave him credit for. Kinda like how Pelinka didn't give much credit to KCP and Howard for their contributions. It's poor FO decisions like these that will set a franchise back.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Anyone gonna help out Mitchell? Cavs players picked a bad time to (bleep) the bed

Despite their lack of talent relative to the Celtics, I think the Knicks can do to the C's what the Heat have been doing to them throughout the years. But it will take a super effort from Brunson because while I have no doubt the Knicks can grind down the C's and make it really tough on them, Im not sure if they execute well enough down the stretch offensively to really beat Boston.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Japago wrote:

Imagine if we didn't throw away all those frp, we could have had enough assets to get him or Kyrie instead of DLo. Jrue and Kyrie are proven champions as well. Jrue was actually more responsible for the Bucks championship than a lot of people gave him credit for. Kinda like how Pelinka didn't give much credit to KCP and Howard for their contributions. It's poor FO decisions like these that will set a franchise back.

Jrue is too hit or miss and while his talent and attitude lend well to a championship team, I dont think he is "him" either. Irving on the other hand is "him" especially if you empower him and surround him in the right reinforcement. But we had zero shot of landing Irving because of Tsai right?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

Darius Garland really is showing that he isnt "him" either. You either have it or you dont. This dude doesnt with his passivity.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:52 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Despite their lack of talent relative to the Celtics, I think the Knicks can do to the C's what the Heat have been doing to them throughout the years. But it will take a super effort from Brunson because while I have no doubt the Knicks can grind down the C's and make it really tough on them, Im not sure if they execute well enough down the stretch offensively to really beat Boston.

Once the Knicks upgraded their roster I was counting on them to give the Keltic the playoff series L. That’s a good 8 man playoff rotation below:

Hartenstein/Robinson
Randle
OG/Bogdonivich
Divinceno/Hart
Brunson

I don’t believe it now tho due to injuries
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

Bron and AD… imagine this dude as our third option, not Westbrook, this dude
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Japago wrote:

This is the perfect duality of Lakers fans, treating players NOT on their team on a game by game basis, and those on their team by different standards. Always "grass is greener" mentality.

Jrue Holiday had 4 points 2 rebounds and 3 assists last game, nothing was said, but then he has 15 points thus far the next game its "Why can't we have him!?!?!"

Knowing full hell well if Jrue Holiday was a Laker they'd be screaming to get rid of him after Game 2 and calling him washed up all season. But because he isn't one, they ignore his season, and treat Game 2 as if it never happened.

governator wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Bron and AD… imagine this dude as our third option,

With no depth and a bunch of reclamation projects and veterans minimums? Yeah, we can imagine ourselves straight to the lottery again, but with no picks to save us.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:19 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Boston.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Is CP3-Spyda better than DLo-AR?
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:29 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

DMitch would be first option, and Bron and AD would be 2nd and 3rd respectively. He's that good on offense.

He's so good that I'd be willing to trade LeBron if that was an option for some reason. I wasn't convinced that I wanted to see AD/DMitch when post-LeBron scenarios were talked about, but I think I do now.

And I've been pro-LeBron. He and AD stayed healthy and performed like stars all season and into the playoffs. The supporting cast let them down against DEN.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Everytime I see something like that I get frustrated by the Lakers coaching again. 6-0 run by Cavs and the coach is in tune enough with the flow of the game to recognize a timeout is appropriate. SMH
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
governator wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

DMitch would be first option, and Bron and AD would be 2nd and 3rd respectively. He's that good on offense.

He's so good that I'd be willing to trade LeBron if that was an option for some reason. I wasn't convinced that I wanted to see AD/DMitch when post-LeBron scenarios were talked about, but I think I do now.

And I've been pro-LeBron. He and AD stayed healthy and performed like stars all season and into the playoffs. The supporting cast let them down against DEN.

Sending LeBron back to Cleveland would be poetic justice in a way. But I doubt Gilbert does us any favors and I doubt LeBron okays that trade with his NTC. If he's traded he wants it to be to a team that would still be a contender afterwards.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
governator wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

DMitchel
26.6ppg/36.8%3pt/5.1rpg/6.1apg/1.8spg

Lebron
25.7ppg/41.0%3pt/7.3rpg/8.3apg/1.3spg

I get that Mitchel is younger but ima have to get Mitchel/Mobley and some picks too lol!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 266, 267, 268 ... 334, 335, 336  Next
Page 267 of 336
Jump to: