If it was possible, would you trade Lebron James for another superstar or a quality set of young players?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers trade Lebron James for another superstar, or a core of really good young players?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 78 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 118

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Yes, trade Lebron for AD straight up! A 35 year old aging star isnt going to cut it, his defense right now is already pretty bad. We arent going anywhere with LeGrandpa leading us.

First, he's 34.

Second, why would Klutch do that to their two top clients?
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Dunno about a trade but watching this cat makes me appreciate the Mamba that much more. I know I took him for granted.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
We wouldn’t trade Lebron for the same reason we wouldn’t trade Kobe.

Even if there is a point at which it woukd make basketball sense. (Not saying that point is now necessarily).

Kobe won us three rings in a row. Lebron is pouting. It's not about being intimidated by Lebron, it's about doing what's best for this Lakers franchise, which means trading Lebron James and getting YOUNGER and HUNGRIER.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
al242 wrote:
Yes, trade Lebron for AD straight up! A 35 year old aging star isnt going to cut it, his defense right now is already pretty bad. We arent going anywhere with LeGrandpa leading us.

First, he's 34.

So now we're prisoners of Lebron, and Klutch? I thought the lovely Jeannie Buss owned the team, not Lebron and/or his agent.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
al242 wrote:

First, he's 34.

So now we're prisoners of Lebron, and Klutch? I thought the lovely Jeannie Buss owned the team, not Lebron and/or his agent.

That's a Klutch issue. Internally, how would they be serving their clients with this trade?

I'm not even talking about the Lakers here.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Good luck ever getting notable free agents, anyone signed by Klutch if you trade Lebron.

It's hard enough to sign them now. The backlash we would get would be damaging.

This should be the last word. It's silly to even think this. We've been trying to add a superstar to our young core, and now that we have one, we're talking about trading him.

Why is it silly? the poll is almost 2/1 in favor of trading Lebron James. We can at least have some dialog about it.

Unless it’s a mutual departure, we are not trading Lebron James. Regardless of what the geniuses on LG think. The Lakers would become a bigger joke than the Dolan Knicks. The Clippers will be the new LA team. We watched Kobe’s Legacy contract and the train wreck that ensued, we can sit and watch this one too.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

The timeline of our core players and LBJ are so far apart I would trade him for a younger star.

But I just don't know who we would get for him. I dont know what the market is like and if we tried we would almost have to trade because he would be pissed.

I'd be very hessitant to try to just because once the process starts it has to happen.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
al242 wrote:

First, he's 34.

That's a Klutch issue. Internally, how would they be serving their clients with this trade?

So, now we're stuck with this Klutch thing? It's like a girlfriend you want to break up with, but she won't let you go because she has compromising pictures of you.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
al242 wrote:

First, he's 34.

So, now we're stuck with this Klutch thing? It's like a girlfriend you want to break up with, but she won't let you go because she has compromising pictures of you.

I don't think you're understanding my point.

I'm not even talking about the Lakers.

Klutch works for BOTH AD and LBJ. Why would they dump LBJ on the Pels? Are they trying to lose their client?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

AFireInside619 wrote:
troy wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Good luck ever getting notable free agents, anyone signed by Klutch if you trade Lebron.

This should be the last word. It's silly to even think this. We've been trying to add a superstar to our young core, and now that we have one, we're talking about trading him.

Why is it silly? the poll is almost 2/1 in favor of trading Lebron James. We can at least have some dialog about it.

Unless it’s a mutual departure, we are not trading Lebron James. Regardless of what the geniuses on LG think. The Lakers would become a bigger joke than the Dolan Knicks. The Clippers will be the new LA team. We watched Kobe’s Legacy contract and the train wreck that ensued, we can sit and watch this one too.

Again, if (just go with it) NY signed Durant, and then approached the Lakers and said we'll trade Durant for Lebron straight up, you wouldn't hit that?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

troy wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
troy wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Again, if (just go with it) NY signed Durant, and then approached the Lakers and said we'll trade Durant for Lebron straight up, you wouldn't hit that?

Why would the Knicks want to trade KD after just signing him to a long term deal?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
al242 wrote:

First, he's 34.

Klutch works for BOTH AD and LBJ. Why would they dump LBJ on the Pels? Are they trying to lose their client?

Or we can say screw you Lebron, Klutch and AD.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
troy wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Why would the Knicks want to trade KD after just signing him to a long term deal?

Go with the scenario, not the realism of it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
al242 wrote:

First, he's 34.

Or we can say screw you Lebron, Klutch and AD.

Still not understanding it.

Take out the "we."

If you run Klutch, why would you do this to your top client LBJ?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
troy wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Go with the scenario, not the realism of it.

Can I insert other imaginary things into the scenario too?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Depends on his health. Before the injury I would have been an emphatic "hell no" on this question.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

for the right deal of course I would
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Sadly, we don't like LBJ before he was a Laker. In fact, most of us hate him. Now that he is with the Lakers, he has no capital with the fans and now he starts to pout during games?

The Lakers are not the Cavs. No one name is bigger that this organization. We have legends who are greater than LBJ on what he's done for the team.

Lebron needs to wear his big boy pants and dominate like a superstar max player that he is.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Dunno about a trade but watching this cat makes me appreciate the Mamba that much more. I know I took him for granted.

Kobe had his flaws. Like being tripled teamed and still jacking up some weird ass shot. Turning off free agents with the way he talked to them. His legacy contract.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

You folks don't realize how BAD the Lakers are without Lebron James. In Cavs he had Irving, Love, Smith and good shooters.
They were also all stars. In Miami he had Wade and Bosch.
The Lakers don't have ONE player remotely close to being an all star let alone a consistent player. A bunch of kids that were drafted high but not developed. A bunch of reject vets from other teams. The only reason Lebron came to LA was business and the weather.

And Lebron has a tendency to be the whole show.
If he really wanted to win he would forego the all star game and
rest.

The Lakers have to stop going for the quick fix and try to build a team like GSW, Spurs, Celtics, Philly.
They are patient and build from a foundation.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
You folks don't realize how BAD the Lakers are without Lebron James. In Cavs he had Irving, Love, Smith and good shooters.
The Lakers don't have ONE player remotely close to being an all star let alone a consistent player. A bunch of kids that were drafted high but not developed. A bunch of reject vets from other teams. The only reason Lebron came to LA was business and the weather.

rest.

The Lakers have to stop going for the quick fix and try to build a team like GSW, Spurs, Celtics, Philly.

We tried. They tanked better than us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

rest.

Lakers had three #2 picks. It's not like we didn't have a chance.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

rest.

Lakers had three #2 picks. It's not like we didn't have a chance.

Sure we did. They still tanked better than us.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

I bet the Cavs forum is having a field day with LG right now.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
We wouldn’t trade Lebron for the same reason we wouldn’t trade Kobe.

Even if there is a point at which it woukd make basketball sense. (Not saying that point is now necessarily).

Kobe won us three rings in a row. Lebron is pouting. It's not about being intimidated by Lebron, it's about doing what's best for this Lakers franchise, which means trading Lebron James and getting YOUNGER and HUNGRIER.

Some people had the EXACT same argument for trading Kobe in his later years, and, the same argument for not extending him after he had his achilles tear. Because doing so would have been "best for this Lakers franchise".

Now maybe you feel that doing what was not in the best interests of the franchise from a basketball perspective was ok with Kobe, and that's fine, but the same logic applies here. Kobe put butts in seats. Lebron puts butts in seats. And frankly, at both of their respective ages, you're not going to get anything equitable back in return anyway. Who exactly would trade for Kobe or Lebron in the final years of their careers?

No one is going to gut their roster, or, move anything of great long term value for a player in the final years of their career. Lebron triple doubled while pouting. I'll take that instead thank you very much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: