Official President of Basketball Operations Search Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Everyone here should like this type of quiet.

I think Jeanie and Rob learned from the Davis fiasco. Way too much was being reported regardless of what side was leaking the information.

For me, I am happy that they are keeping this close to the hip and not telling people.

This is great news for Laker fans.

Honestly I think the AD fiasco was probably the Pelicans who wanted to created the media circus to punish and embarrass the Lakers.

I think magic had a little to do with it.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
danzag wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
John Ireland just said on AM 710 that reporters are getting shut out by the Lakers organization. No one is saying anything. Not Jeanie. Not Pelinka. No one.

https://twitter.com/jnavla/status/1119320506493100032?s=21

Finally, it was about time.

During the Jim Buss/Mitch Kupchak era, the press never knew (bleep) about us. They had nothing.

Then Jeanie started leaking stuff to some reporters, to make Jim/Mitch look bad (which was ridiculous IMHO), and kept it that way for the last 2 and a half years, leaking everything (and making the Lakers look like a pathetic franchise).

Now she knows how it is to be on the other side. Those last 15 days were brutal. We got bashed like I'ver never seen before.

Just do your work and keep yourself quiet, Jeanie. That's how your dad did it.

Exactly...leaves everyone guessing and speculating, “there’s no plan...total dysfunction”. How would they know if no one is saying anything. I love it. No one can combat silence. I think theres a good chance we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

This is the way the Lakers used to do things in the past when Dr. Buss and West were running things. Of course in today's age of social media and all the moles hiding in front offices working for Woj, SAS and others it's pretty hard to stay quiet. It was surprising how KL made a circus out of the Spurs who are known to be complete hush.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Practice wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Jeanie wants everyone that her father didn't want apart of the organization FOR THE. Jerry Buss didn't want Phil, Pat Riley, or Magic - Jerry is and has been rolling in his grave.

IIRC Jerry Buss did in fact want Magic.

I don’t understand why people keep bringing up Phil.

When did Jerry Say he wanted Magic PBO? He would never say that nor would he say he wanted Magic as a GM. He wouldn't even give magic a big enough stake to control anything with the Lakers.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/magic-johnson-dr-jerry-buss-wanted-jeanie-buss-and-i-to-run-lakers/

You gonna believe magic lol if Jerry Buss wanted them to run the Lakers, he would of put it like that. Jerry Buss specifically said that the Lakers belong to his children and that's the way it is. He had it set up the way he seen fit. He didn't even put Jeanie as the governor of the franchise, that came to a vote by the trustee because Adam Silver said they only wanted 1 person to report to.
GreekTrojan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Both Riley and West are too old for the role. They are both better as consultants (which is what West is with the Clippers and was with GS). People need to stop with that. There are no ex-Lakers worth hiring and thats for the best. The Lakers need to show they are not slaves to the past and get a smart outsider who will rebuild the organization top down to be the world class 2020 and beyond enterprise that this team should be.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Practice wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Practice wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Jeanie wants everyone that her father didn't want apart of the organization FOR THE. Jerry Buss didn't want Phil, Pat Riley, or Magic - Jerry is and has been rolling in his grave.

When did Jerry Say he wanted Magic PBO? He would never say that nor would he say he wanted Magic as a GM. He wouldn't even give magic a big enough stake to control anything with the Lakers.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/magic-johnson-dr-jerry-buss-wanted-jeanie-buss-and-i-to-run-lakers/

You gonna believe magic lol if Jerry Buss wanted them to run the Lakers, he would of put it like that. Jerry Buss specifically said that the Lakers belong to his children and that's the way it is. He had it set up the way he seen fit. He didn't even put Jeanie as the governor of the franchise, that came to a vote by the trustee because Adam Silver said they only wanted 1 person to report to.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2013/02/18/magic-johnson-jerry-buss-los-angles-lakers-businessman/1928413/

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/6/18/15827152/la-lakers-news-jerry-buss-magic-johnson-jerry-west-executive-trade-lou-williams-paul-george

Look, you can dismiss Magic's words - it's actually a fairly tenable position. But Jerry Buss treated Magic like a member of the family, according to the Buss family. Magic gives him credit for teaching him more about business, and about life, than anyone else. Dr. Buss appeared to have unshakeable faith in Magic, and Jeanie is a chip off the old block. It's more likely to me that Dr. Buss would have been happy to see a man he treated like a son to take charge of the business, together with his blood family.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

My understanding is that Riley wanted to retire a few years ago but felt an obligation to rebuild the Heat before doing so?

Who knows. He does still have a home in Malibu and loves it there apparently.

Anyway I would say that Riley's recent tenure in Miami hasn't been too inspiring. Outside of drafting Wade in '03 (who then went on to recruit both Bosh and LeBron) I don't see a lot of player development or major free agent signings in Miami. The Heat have actually been saddled with quite a few bad contracts recently and a lot of that has to fall on Riley tbh.

Having a Pat Riley type running the FO would at least give them a semblance of stability so that isn't all bad though.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Practice wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Practice wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2013/02/18/magic-johnson-jerry-buss-los-angles-lakers-businessman/1928413/

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/6/18/15827152/la-lakers-news-jerry-buss-magic-johnson-jerry-west-executive-trade-lou-williams-paul-george

Look, you can dismiss Magic's words - it's actually a fairly tenable position. But Jerry Buss treated Magic like a member of the family, according to the Buss family. Magic gives him credit for teaching him more about business, and about life, than anyone else. Dr. Buss appeared to have unshakeable faith in Magic, and Jeanie is a chip off the old block. It's more likely to me that Dr. Buss would have been happy to see a man he treated like a son to take charge of the business, together with his blood family.

There's a lot of why's; like why didn't Jerry Buss put Magic in any executive position? Why didn't he put Magic in his trust if he really seen Magic as a son, considering Dr. Buss said the Lakers belong to his kids, and that's the way it is? Why when Dr. Buss was alive he didn't put Magic in charge of anything? Now magic did have 4.5 stake in the Lakers, but that's nothing in the scheme of things. I can't say Dr. Buss would be happy the way the Lakers with Magic nor happy the way they are now because it isn't how he set it up. He didn't even set it up with Jeanie being in charge.

Last edited by Outspoken on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Watchme100
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

President: Jerry West / Jerry Sloan

Coach: Hammon
Asst: Nash

Thats if we wanted to go all out on BBIQ

Sign Kyrie / kemba
Sign Mclemore
Sign Bullock
Pick, Lonzo, Kuzma for AD.

PG.Kyrie
SG.Mclemore
SF.Ingram
PF.Lebron
C.Davis

Wagner
Hart
Bullock
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Oh no, watchme is back!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Oh no, watchme is back!

LG is like his crack!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
John Ireland just said on AM 710 that reporters are getting shut out by the Lakers organization. No one is saying anything. Not Jeanie. Not Pelinka. No one.

https://twitter.com/jnavla/status/1119320506493100032?s=21

That's what I love reading!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Watchme100 wrote:
President: Jerry West / Jerry Sloan

Coach: Hammon
Asst: Nash

Sign Kyrie / kemba
Sign Mclemore
Sign Bullock

PG.Kyrie
SG.Mclemore
SF.Ingram
PF.Lebron
C.Davis

Wagner
Hart
Bullock

Jerry Sloan has dementia and Parkinson’s.

West has no interest

Hammon no experience

Please keep it somewhat realistic.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Jerry Sloan. lmfao. Which retirement community will we need to pay get deliver him to los angeles
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Momo was on First Take today and she still thinks Rob Pelinka is the guy in full control despite multiple reports linking us getting a new PBO...

So basically it’s Ramona vs Cowherd/Arash/Sam Amick/SAS

Who do you trust?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Momo was on First Take today and she still thinks Rob Pelinka is the guy in full control despite multiple reports linking us getting a new PBO...

Who do you trust?

Since there is a moratorium on any Laker info from the FO...take your pick. No one is saying anything. Sure Jeanie may have visited her mom in Vegas but that has nothing to do with the Lakers. No one knows.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Ramona on ESPN 710 right now saying she's heard from a top source that there is no Pat Riley to the Lakers.

She basically hinted that all this talk about Pat Riley is basically coming from the Lakers side to bring some optimism about the team, but nothing from Riley's end.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Watchme100 wrote:
President: Jerry West / Obama

Coach: Kobe
Asst: Jordan

Sign Kyrie / Curry
Sign Durant
Sign Kawhi

PG.Kyrie
SG.Curry
SF.Durant
PF.Lebron
C.Davis

Clone Magic, Kareem, Worthy

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Who do you trust?

Ramona is Jeanie's voicebox. She doesn't say anything Jeanie didn't tell her to.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Ramona on ESPN 710 right now saying she's heard from a top source that there is no Pat Riley to the Lakers.

She basically hinted that all this talk about Pat Riley is basically coming from the Lakers side to bring some optimism about the team, but nothing from Riley's end.

Funny. Ramona is on 710 almost everyday now to shoot down any potential source of "optimism."
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Really...the Lakers FO has been ordered not to say anything. So she’s pulling at straws. I’m Not saying Riley is coming. But she’s clueless on what’s going on, as am I and anyone else claiming they know.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

She also said that if there was something going on they wouldn’t tell her because she would have to report it. So who knows what’s going on. She left the door open for a move to be made.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Who do you trust?

Ramona is Jeanie's voicebox. She doesn't say anything Jeanie didn't tell her to.

It seems like Jeanie has the free time to say anything to Ramona at any time without anyone else knowing about it..
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Who do you trust?

It seems like Jeanie has the free time to say anything to Ramona at any time without anyone else knowing about it..

The only thing Jeanie has told momo lately is “im going to see my mom in Vegas.”
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Who do you trust?

The only thing Jeanie has told momo lately is “im going to see my mom in Vegas.”

So who is her source? Linda Rambis?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Who do you trust?

So who is her source? Linda Rambis?

She’s rambling trying to stay relative. It’s a safe approach and true to say Pelinka is in charge. We all know that. Who’s being considered for POBO is anyone’s guess and since no one is saying anything no one knows. Not even momo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 38 of 71
Jump to: