loanman_316 wrote:
Cervantes wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
lebron james is the best player of the last 20 years and it isnt close. hats off

Not even close.

Thats a troll post if Ive ever seen one. 20 years? 1993-2013? Who know who played in those years? Shaq, Dunca, Jordan, Olajuwon? Seriously?
ye

yes jordan was a bit better at the end with the bulls but for the entirety of the 20 years lebron is the best
now your showing your age

i am over 40 years old

And still so much to learn

no just an opinion and backed by the numbers. its kills me to say it cause he has 4-5 more years like this. he is out there toying with the other teams.
So your over 40 years old and have watched basketball that entire time and can honestly say lebron is better than jordan?? Oh what am I doing,your not getting me in the troll attempt

And remember, it's not even close. Jordan can't even sniff LeBron's jock.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject:

The sooner we realize we are not a championship team this year the better. Changes need to be made.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Kobewood wrote:
SlickVic wrote:
Lakers played well, they just got beat by a better team. Back in the day, I never admitted that in '09 and '10 and always excused a loss as lack of effort or lethargy, because after all, the Lakers could beat anyone when they brought it. But this season, it's just hard not to feel the Lakers are just getting pushed around by teams that are better than them.

As a fan, I hope something clicks at some point of this season and that changes. And while there still is enough time for something to happen, it sure better happen sooner rather than later.

I mostly agree with you except for the part where you say that they played well. Kobe going 8/24 isn't exactly ideal and neither is committing 16 turnovers in a single half.

If they went to the bigs and played off them then I feel we could of beat this team. We can't run up and down with the Heat.
The game was there for the taking though, amazingly enough.

If they went to the bigs and played off them then I feel we could of beat this team. We can't run up and down with the Heat.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Quote:
lebron james is the best player of the last 20 years and it isnt close. hats off

You should feel ashamed of yourself for posting this, loanman. Trolling or not.

Last edited by Lakers95 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
loanman_316
Star Player
Star Player

props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Cervantes wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:

Not even close.

Thats a troll post if Ive ever seen one. 20 years? 1993-2013? Who know who played in those years? Shaq, Dunca, Jordan, Olajuwon? Seriously?
ye

yes jordan was a bit better at the end with the bulls but for the entirety of the 20 years lebron is the best

i am over 40 years old

no just an opinion and backed by the numbers. its kills me to say it cause he has 4-5 more years like this. he is out there toying with the other teams.
So your over 40 years old and have watched basketball that entire time and can honestly say lebron is better than jordan?? Oh what am I doing,your not getting me in the troll attempt

in many ways yes. he is a better all around player. you are picking out a couple of years where jordan was great. but then nothing he retired i dont count the wizard years. lebron is just a better all around player. he is a better all around player than jordan all time potentially. not yet but he can do it.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

staticaa wrote:
The sooner we realize we are not a championship team this year the better. Changes need to be made.

Forget championship, are we even a playoff team? Sad but that is a more relevant question.
mountainview_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Manny450r wrote:
Cervantes wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:

Not even close.

ye

i am over 40 years old

You're just being sour man. Lebron is definitely the best, especially out of the people you just named.

I agree with..

Over the last 20 years:

MJ NO.1
Kobe No.2 and has a edge over lebron since Kobe won more champs.

But lebron is not done yet.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject:

staticaa wrote:

Dont you feel if they play a certain way we can be close. I do but thats part of the problem I guess.
props
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject:

loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Cervantes wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:

Not even close.

ye

i am over 40 years old

in many ways yes. he is a better all around player. you are picking out a couple of years where jordan was great. but then nothing he retired i dont count the wizard years. lebron is just a better all around player. he is a better all around player than jordan all time potentially. not yet but he can do it.
picking out a couple of years for Michael Jordan?? You have some 80's vids to you tube I see...
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I 100% guarantee we would of have this game if Gasol didn't play. I don't care about the stats or the quick points in the first half. Lakers are forced to run at his pace. Jamison or Clark should have closed out. That Nash/Gasol pick and roll leads to absolutely nothing. And the Lakers are forced to cover two terrible defenders in the 4th quarter.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Thursday night is Troll Night...

er I mean "Objective Fans"...

!...
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball

Lakers improve to 9-3 in moral victory games.

props
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

City_Dawg wrote:
Thursday night is Troll Night...

er I mean "Objective Fans"...
it's actually pretty hilarious,a new lesson is being taught in every post
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject:

loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Cervantes wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:

Not even close.

ye

i am over 40 years old

Strange, you say he picked out a couple of good years for Jordan but you're counting potential great years in the future for Lebron? Strange.
Manny450r
Star Player
Star Player

staticaa wrote:

We won't be a championship team for a while. There is to many athletic teams out there we cannot guard. As for now we can just watch Kobe break records for the next couple years that lebron is going to break few more years after. Lol
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

it was a game of bad stretches. to start the game 8-0 off dunks. ending wiht 9-0. the lakers played 43 minutes of good basketball but the 5 were horrible
props
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
it was a game of bad stretches. to start the game 8-0 off dunks. ending wiht 9-0. the lakers played 45 minutes of good basketball but the 5 were horrible
yup definitely
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: ***LAKERS -vs- HEAT 1/17 GAME THREAD***

diando wrote:
32 wrote:
TheVujacicFan wrote:
Not to steal your thunder Lakers First but I felt I had to make this thread because I have a decent track record for huge games!

See: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=114607

Damn. You do have a good track record for big games.

I hope we just win. You're putting your reputation on the line.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject:

props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Cervantes wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:

Not even close.

ye

i am over 40 years old

picking out a couple of years for Michael Jordan?? You have some 80's vids to you tube I see...

Not to mention the 4 championships he won in that 20 year timespan in which he completely dominated.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject:

At least we held them under 100
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Cervantes wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:

Not even close.

ye

i am over 40 years old

Not to mention the 4 championships he won in that 20 year timespan in which he completely dominated.

But I've seen the future and Bron average 40/15/15 for the next 10 years!
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject:

rAhmenSessions wrote:
Why so much Bron love? We are Laker fans.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't appreciate greatness when we see it, we are all fortunate to have watched Kobe grow up as a Laker and its great that he is still going strong at his age. He is no longer the best player in the league but that's nothing to be ashamed of...
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Kobe24Dwight12 wrote:
I 100% guarantee we would of have this game if Gasol didn't play. I don't care about the stats or the quick points in the first half. Lakers are forced to run at his pace. Jamison or Clark should have closed out. That Nash/Gasol pick and roll leads to absolutely nothing. And the Lakers are forced to cover two terrible defenders in the 4th quarter.

really? clark the guy with the -14? who turned the ball over 3 times in the 1st quarter alone? the guy who was guarding Lebron? the guy with the whopping total of 6 points in 22 minutes? yeah, right, he would have guaranteed us a win...
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
srm90 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Cervantes wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
props wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:

Not even close.

ye

i am over 40 years old

But I've seen the future and Bron average 40/15/15 for the next 10 years!

Jordan was awesome and loved his game but didn't the Bulls almost make it to the finals without him. They were one bad call away from going to the finals. Non of the Lakers championship team would of been in the finals without Kobe. And Just look at Lebrons team. As soon as he left they became a Lottery team.
wundergep
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject:

I created an account just to get in on this discussion. Regarding Jordan, I grew up in Chicago in the 90's. The argument that Lebron is better is just trolling or ignorance. Lebron is the most gifted physical specimen this league has probably ever seen, but he's far behind Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Magic, Kareem and (most obviously) Jordan.

He has a number of years left in him, but he doesn't transcend the game the way Jordan did. Lebron has the edge in a few statistical categories, but nothing that meaningful. When all is said and done, Lebron needs five more titles and five more finals MVP awards to even measure up in a tie. The scoreboard tells the truth. Good luck.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141, 142  Next
Page 140 of 142
Jump to: