OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2895, 2896, 2897 ... 2907, 2908, 2909  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:51 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm is living in 2015 with the way he treats $22M. Guys making $22M or more this year or next year include Dinwiddie, Rozier, Bruce Brown, Brogdon, Dillon Brooks, RJ Barrett, Anfernee Simons, Mike Conley, Jordan Poole, Kyle Lowry.

You can argue none of those are good contracts but DLO at $20-22M per is tradable even if just as salary filler.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Bobby Marks thinks no team will pay Russell even $15M tho

Which would be great for us.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:01 pm    Post subject:

How much cap room does Orlando have? They are the only team linked to Klay and I don't think they can afford to overpay both him and D'lo. Also doesn't seem like a player Popovich would be interested in.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Interesting. He may be right.

If you are a team trying to upgrade for a championship run. You probably don't want to start him.
And if you are a lotto team with salary cap space. You probably want to bet on someone with more upside, even if it doesn't pay off immediately.

From our perspective. We should bring him back. Start him. Hope he balls out. And then sell high with a trade next season. It just doesn't make sense to try and keep him for another playoff run. We know what it looks like with him here, with our roster.

I got no hard feelings. Maybe he finally breaks through that playoff wall in year 10, somewhere else.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:05 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
How much cap room does Orlando have? They are the only team linked to Klay and I don't think they can afford to overpay both him and D'lo. Also doesn't seem like a player Popovich would be interested in.

Who would want to pay Klay anything more than the MLE at this point in his career? He's almost a net negative between his poor defense and belief that he's still a star.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Over or under 50 Dlo will be here next season. I've got over.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

I'm seeing some where around $50-60M....

I don't think Klay is going anywhere, but use the Magic to get Warriors to pay.

They can possibly give Klay and DLO $20-30m each.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Who would want to pay Klay anything more than the MLE at this point in his career? He's almost a net negative between his poor defense and belief that he's still a star.

Klays April
30 mins per game
23 points
3 rebounds
3 assists
50/44/100 splits

Klays March
28 mins per game
18 points
2 assists
3 rebounds
44/40/90 splits

I mean he’s got game. He also only took 15 shots a night and is a low dribble player. He’s not more exploitable than a Russell or Reaves right now even.

If I’m Orlando it makes far more sense to take the grown up, take the equal scorer, and use him with Banchero and Wagner. They can get creative elsewhere. But Klay is the better investment than Dlo.

Less locker room drama
Better defender still
Better can play off the ball
Better playoff player
Can lead and be a good vet
Can move tickets

Orlando would be smarter to pay him, as would San Antonio to speed up team growth of their guys
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
tox wrote:

If you are a team trying to upgrade for a championship run. You probably don't want to start him.
And if you are a lotto team with salary cap space. You probably want to bet on someone with more upside, even if it doesn't pay off immediately.

From our perspective. We should bring him back. Start him. Hope he balls out. And then sell high with a trade next season. It just doesn't make sense to try and keep him for another playoff run. We know what it looks like with him here, with our roster.

I got no hard feelings. Maybe he finally breaks through that playoff wall in year 10, somewhere else.

San Antonio could go for him, but I feel like Pop would despise his personality.
Orlando makes the most sense.

Signing and trading sounds nice but his value is so low, he's basically salary filler. If you want to be serious about upgrading the roster, you're better off trading Reaves IMO
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

I think the Warriors would be in salary cap hell if they bring Klay back. I'm guessing they'd gladly let him walk.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 6:42 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers get upgrade other places, I have no problem with DLo being kept.

I don't see a giant difference between him and AR on who's actually helping, and AR has a lot more trade value around the league. AR has got real faults too.

Keeping DLo and using AR, Rui, and picks to upgrade the team is probably the best way to maximize the trade value of their pieces.

The luxury tax situation looks better with AR being kept, but I just don't think the Lakers are going to get a lot of trade value out of DLo.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

I think the Warriors would be in salary cap hell if they bring Klay back. I'm guessing they'd gladly let him walk.

They can shed some of those guys... I believe CP3s salary is not guaranteed next season.

Also Klay might take a little less to stay, say if Magic offers him $25m. All I know Kerr/Curry/Draymond wants him back. So that's saying a lot.

They will let Klay test his market to see what salary they can offer him.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

I don't see a giant difference between him and AR on who's actually helping, and AR has a lot more trade value around the league. AR has got real faults too.

Keeping DLo and using AR, Rui, and picks to upgrade the team is probably the best way to maximize the trade value of their pieces.

The luxury tax situation looks better with AR being kept, but I just don't think the Lakers are going to get a lot of trade value out of DLo.

This is basically it. The problem is I don't think anyone has value besides AR on this team. Rui at $17M I highly doubt is a positive asset. Vandy? maybe, but an injury prone wing who can't shoot? DLO is very undesirable if he's even brought back. I guess Vincent is fair market value
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

AR really shows 2-way value (as we saw with Jamal Murray) and an ability to step up in big moments/games that cannot be underrated. That said if its Donovan Mitchell....sign me up right away. In fact, if its Mitchell.....Im sure many fans will happily pack AR's bags for him.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
kikanga wrote:
tox wrote:

San Antonio could go for him, but I feel like Pop would despise his personality.
Orlando makes the most sense.

Signing and trading sounds nice but his value is so low, he's basically salary filler. If you want to be serious about upgrading the roster, you're better off trading Reaves IMO

Have you seen SA lately?..lol.

Also maybe he dont want to get a sign and trade..why do he have to do Lakers a solid? Also what you going to trade Reaves for? He on a good contract that he vastly beats with his play.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 9:31 pm    Post subject:

I posted this in the Free Agency thread, but Jovan Buha in his latest YouTube video mentions that he thinks that if D'lo went to Orlando, he'd be looking at a 2 year, $45MM offer. If his market is only 2 years, that would be good news for us. Makes it more likely we'll find it palatable to retain him. Again...we have no way to replace him!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I posted this in the Free Agency thread, but Jovan Buha in his latest YouTube video mentions that he thinks that if D'lo went to Orlando, he'd be looking at a 2 year, $45MM offer. If his market is only 2 years, that would be good news for us. Makes it more likely we'll find it palatable to retain him. Again...we have no way to replace him!

Would be nice to S&T him to Orlando for WCJ

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri May 10, 2024 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
He is absolutely not a cancer to the team. His teammates like him. His teammates hated the coach, and for good reason. And if you're saying he's a cancer strictly for his play, again, that's just lunacy. No one is arguing he's an All-Star level player. But take a look at salaries around the league, especially recent free agent signees. Having him last year for one year at that salary was an obvious bargain. Now, could he have a worse next year season? Of course, that's always possible. But what I know for a fact is that you can't replace him, literally. So unless we are forced to pay him an outlandish raise, and I don't see that happening, the best resolution is to re-sign him and then just re-assess moving forward if you have to.

And yes, we can still re-sign him with Bird rights if/when he opts out, which is expected.

They be like "he's a cancer to the team and nobody likes him"

Meanwhile the entire team does his 'ice in my veins' when they hit a big shot or even a three sometimes and obviously like him.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:30 pm    Post subject:

quickly becoming the most disrespected player in the league. I for one want DLO back and if we can get him on a team friendly deal for 3 to 4 years then we should do it. Some of you guys will have a rude awakening next season if DLO isnt on the team. His absence will be glaring especially if we arent able to attract a 3rd star via trade
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
quickly becoming the most disrespected player in the league. I for one want DLO back and if we can get him on a team friendly deal for 3 to 4 years then we should do it. Some of you guys will have a rude awakening next season if DLO isnt on the team. His absence will be glaring especially if we arent able to attract a 3rd star via trade

Yup. People complain that nobody can shoot the 3 when they become Lakers. We get a guy who shoots 40+ for the season as well as runs an offense and they are like f this guy he scored zero points! Essentially people have made up their minds. They dig their heels in harder when challenged. Whatever.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

If Orl miss out on PG (prob at max), they gonna try at both DLo/Klay
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Yup. People complain that nobody can shoot the 3 when they become Lakers. We get a guy who shoots 40+ for the season as well as runs an offense and they are like f this guy he scored zero points! Essentially people have made up their minds. They dig their heels in harder when challenged. Whatever.

You can say that for both sides. But at least one side can list positives and negatives about DLO.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I think people would like Dlo more if he was okay being a backup player sometimes. But because he's stubborn and it effects how he plays, the team has to start him to get the most out of him. I just care about his contract being useful for trading. If he agrees to opt in, we could get something good in return. But if he stays and doesn't want to be on the bench, it's going to be tough to change his mind.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

If Orl miss out on PG (prob at max), they gonna try at both DLo/Klay

I stand corrected, looks like PG/BI before DLo/Klay
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Imagine if we had Kyrie instead of DLo...

What have we done?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2895, 2896, 2897 ... 2907, 2908, 2909  Next
Page 2896 of 2909
Jump to: