SUNS -at- LAKERS - 5/27 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
We can probably set up an open Artest three anytime we wanted and it's not like he was on fire. Running the clock down more in this situation sets you up for a potential two-for-one situation, as well.

Yup, Phoenix would have given him that shot 5 seconds later, 10 seconds later, 20 seconds later ...
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Thanks again for the write-up DB!

I was groaning when Artest took the three and my wife said: "what's the matter? He's open?" That's what a person who doesn't understand the game might think. As someone who is a professional, Artest should have known better. In any case, he saved the day with great anticipation on that last play. I'm happy for him.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject:

One thing I'd like to see is Lamar put on Nash for a spell. Not switching on a screen, but actually on him. Watching la and Phoenix over the years, Lamar regularly gives him problems. Unlike the other bigs, he is able to get into Nash's shot, and for whatever reason is difficult for Nash to get around. I noticed a couple sequences early where he switched onto Nash and forced either a bad shot or him to give up the ball (both without a double team). Nash recognized this as well, as he primarily began to attack pau and bynum, guys who can't crowd him and have to back off a little, allowing him space to shoot over them. Artest does well on him too.

I think another look to throw at them (when they go small) is arrest, Kobe, and Lamar in the frontcourt. Give Nash no easy marchioness on the switch. Don't use it for too long, but throw it out there to change things up.
briancbati
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks DB check the artest buzzer beater

Thanks DB thats a pretty thorough synopsis of game 5...

If you wanna check out the replay of ARTESTS BUZZER BEATER

check out my blog

http://lakers.briancbati.com
Burgundy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject:

DB - Honest Question:

Do you really think the Lakers have a chance of winning Game 6, considering that they've been consistently jobbed for the past 3 games?

I know you see what's going on out there.

We all see it.

After the first two games, the NBA decided, "We can't have a sweep," and have taken whatever measures they take to ensure that the Suns receive "Help."

That fourth quarter was absurd. THe Lakers built up an 11 point lead...and all of a sudden the Suns start getting all the calls, and the Lakers can't buy a call to save their lives.

The Suns shot 10 free throws in the fourth quarter, the Lakers shot 2.

Gasol was absolutely CLOBBERED on his dunk attempt with no call.

Do you know who the baseline official was?

BENETT SALVATORE.

I'm seriously considering not watching Game 6.

It's already been predetermined.

Why should I watch?

The NBA wants a 7 game series, so that's what they're going to get.
squidward
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Needless to say DB, but great job.

I think it's great that you mentioned that Kobe may have been tired in the 4th. I suspect the same thing. I think his 4th quarter shooting percentage would go up if Phil rests him in the 4th, even if it's as little as 3 minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: