***LAKERS -at- SUNS 5/29 Game 6 Thread***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Games 1 & 3 & Qtrs 1 & 3 are THEE Most Important

in this series. I say go with the shock and Awe approach vs the suns.

Destroy them early in the 1st qtr so they can never come back. remember our size = 2 pts in the paint or FT trips galore. if we're up Big or even 12+ pts. the game should be over. we can exchange baskets all night long. all we will have to do is guard the 3 ball. and make a somewhat decent attempt at slowing the 2pters without fouling.

if we do this in the 1st qtr. it will take them out of the game mentally. most playoff teams get that nice talk at halftime that makes them come back out with energy and a new focus. if you handle them early in the 3rd it will take away their will to win. the reality will start setting in "Their just to big, their just to good, we cant guard kobe, who got LO?I cant seem to get loose from Ron artest..ref he's holding me ref!!! "

Games 1 we win the right way. they will come with a slightly different game plan for Game 2. doesn't matter if we lose that one or not. they only have 1 switch up in them. their are still a smaller team that wants to run and shoot at the end of the day. what could they really do that much differently aside from fronting the post? or doubling kobe early? NOTHING.

so let them have game 2(in theory). if they go all out and win that one. and we come back and take their heart out 1st qtr of game 3. 3rd qtr of game 3. we will win that game. and its over from there.

truth is, we will win game 2 unless we cant make a shot and they cant miss. if we do that. i'm calling sweep.

games 1 qtr 1, games 3 qtr 3. most important games and qtrs of the series. the series wont have to go more then 5. at this rate.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I noticed that after reading Dancing Barry's Thoughts and Ratings as well. In three of the four games against the Suns, the team that had the biggest run in the third quarter won the game. Nov 12: 15-0 run by the Lakers in the third. Dec 06: 15-1 run by the Lakers in the third. Dec 28: 11-0 run by the Suns in the third; sparked by their bench (14-4 run in the second).
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I noticed that after reading Dancing Barry's Thoughts and Ratings as well. In three of the four games against the Suns, the team that had the biggest run in the third quarter won the game. Nov 12: 15-0 run by the Lakers in the third. Dec 06: 15-1 run by the Lakers in the third. Dec 28: 11-0 run by the Suns in the third; sparked by their bench (14-4 run in the second).
that probably is for most teams. as pjax has taught us all since the bulls use to lock up teams in the early part of the 3rd qtr. you win that, game over. but its only game over if you have the unstoppable horses(they had mjay which = two unstoppable people, they had pip which was somewhat unstoppable, and the other guys were good enough to get off when need be.) we have two many quality bigs averaging super high fg%'s. its literally 2 pts or 2 ft's for us. thats why you saw Sloan have that look on his face when we went up doubl digitis like . even though they have so much heart they dont know how to just quit and let it go. it didn't matter and sloan knew it.
its like my old saying. just because you aint scared of me with a gun in a my hand. it wont stop you from getting shot. just because you're a fighter, wont stop this stealth bomber from dropping a few precision bombs on your bunker.

peopel get caught in that david vs golliath stuff to often. cause what they dont remember about that story is that David had a big brother behind him(GOD). so of course he would beat little ole golliath.

You couldn't teach height then. and you cant teach it now. Game over folks. unless some more guys get hurt. or we see 06 dwade type bias officiating. if that happens. i will turn off the playoffs to never watch again until stern is gone. thats a promise. now i didn't say "if we lose" i said if i see 06' dwade style officiating. ) and i'll add. if the suns beat us fair and square or close to it. I will ride with the suns to represent us from the Western Conf. why? cause that means those dudes had to be lights out for 4 games out of 7. more power to them if they can pull that off. and Nash has already earned my "Thug of the year" award for dropping no look passes with one eye swollen shut.
K24E
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: After Ron-Ron with the game winner...do you think..

he had a big confidence boost...you can clearly tell after the shot went in he went straight to Kobe and hugged and jumped like all the worries just were removed from his head...

i think it was a great feeling for him and our team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K24E
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Very happy for Ron. This moment can really propel him for the rest of this series and hopefully into the finals...
Fleur-de-Lis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject:

No doubt it's a confidence boost. He won the game for his team and this will carry over I think. He's finally done something HUGE to validate him coming over to the team.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Fingers-crossed!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: After Ron-Ron with the game winner...do you think..

K24E wrote:
he had a big confidence boost...you can clearly tell after the shot went in he went straight to Kobe and hugged and jumped like all the worries just were removed from his head...

i think it was a great feeling for him and our team

I don't think confidence is ever a problem with Ron-Ron. If anything, it's the other way around.
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it'll impact Ron's game one way or the other. He's just a streaky offensive player at this point, just have to hope for the best.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Ron Artest was brought in to pound players to a pulp. I do not think the Lakers really concerned themselves with teams like the Thunder and Suns this season. They were thinking about the Celtics and Cavs. Should the Lakers beat Phoenix and face the Magic or Celtics, thats where Artest's signing will be valuable. When he can lock up guys....
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject:

By the way, he locked up richardson all game. Only 5 of 12 and had 12 points.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject:

If Amare calls RonRon lucky, I'd have to agree.

From goat to hero in less than a minute.

RonRon gets credit for not quitting on the play, but his earlier bonehead shots could've been disastrous.

I hope he gains some confidence, but I'd rather he get a better understanding of game situations.
bigd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject:

no doubt!! hope it carry's to the next game and we close this s**t out!!
dakobmeister
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: celtics hate artest

all the celtics fans cheered when the suns scored that tie. when artest scored the win, they all booed and were pissed off at him. celtics fans hate artest. don't forget that there is a following in the east that are hoping the lakers will fail. keep up the good work lakers!
sec 110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Artest is now officially a Laker
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: ***LAKERS -at- SUNS 5/29 Game 6 Thread***

Saturday, 5.30 pm PDT
TV: TNT

Go Lakers! Just close out!

Last edited by LakerDynasty6.0 on Fri May 28, 2010 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject:

FINISH HIM!
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject:

Let's see whether or not the refs set the tone at the start of the game. If they do I don't like our chances.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject:

If this is an evenly called game I expect an LA closeout.
If the suns get 20+ more FT's its going 7.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject:

Finish them.

!...
Fleur-de-Lis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject:

Mr. Zero wrote:
FINISH HIM!

lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject:

gonna be rough considering the Suns are gonna shoot 20 more free-throws than us
Sportsmuze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject:

Fleur-de-Lis wrote:
Mr. Zero wrote:
FINISH HIM!
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject:

1. don't let shooters wide open again, and again, and again

2. Pau needs to be a big factor for once

i think again, we'll win or lose of their 3PT shoots, we must keep it close with any means necesarry! Ron and Lamar will also be the key, i want too see Ron make open threes!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 1 of 130
Jump to: