***LAKERS -at- SUNS 5/29 Game 6 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject:

I don't see Pau having a great series again Boston. I'll be satisfied with 17/10.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
Iwatch4Kobe wrote:
Fleur-de-Lis wrote:
Mr. Zero wrote:
FINISH HIM!

Man that takes me back...

!...
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
tenike1 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Yup. Pau needs to have an impact in game six. He looked a little hesitant in the last few games and needs to get over that, its only going to get more harder from here on out.

Call me crazy. Lakers are going to have an easier time with boston. Pau's going to outskill garnett and perkins big time. Power isn't going to work against power, as dwight proved. Gasol has too many moves close to the basket. And if the celtics are serious about not double-teaming, then Gasol should have some big games.

With KG not being too right, Pau MAY have an easier time time around. But Like I said, he needs to put his stamp on the game tomorrow, some way, some how.

I hear ya'. I can see him being quiet most of the game, but going on like a 6 or 7-0 run by himself late in the fourth and having a grand total of like 22 and 9. If Odom shows up and the referees don't call a foul every time we contest amare, we should win convincingly.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Yup. Pau needs to have an impact in game six. He looked a little hesitant in the last few games and needs to get over that, its only going to get more harder from here on out.

he's been doubled and triple teamed when he gets the ball, sometimes before he gets the ball. he's having an impact just helping to open things up for the other players, while still putting up some numbers. only game he really had that was off this series was game 4, the rest he's been great.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject:

ignardlakerfan wrote:
srm90 wrote:
ignardlakerfan wrote:
i hate to say it but it depends on how the refs will call it...if they give any starter two early fouls then we dont have a chance, if they continue to let them run illegal screens, nash travel and the sun bigs to camp while in the zone...it will be tough t overcome that....again

That's why I'm hoping the refs don't set the tone to begin the game. If they take over the first 5 minutes of the game, it'll be an uphill battle the rest of the way. If they're going to call ticky tack fouls they better CALL IT BOTH WAYS.

yeah right, them calling it both ways probably isnt going to happen...matter of fact it seems like lakers get no love even at home...i think stern wants that memorial day game 7 to bring in the tv money....and thats a damn shame instead of letting the teams decide on the court

Of course they're not going to call it both ways. They haven't all series. And the Lakers are -103 in FTA's on the road this postseason. But we can still hope, can't we?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
tenike1 wrote:
Call me crazy. Lakers are going to have an easier time with boston. Pau's going to outskill garnett and perkins big time. Power isn't going to work against power, as dwight proved. Gasol has too many moves close to the basket. And if the celtics are serious about not double-teaming, then Gasol should have some big games.

Crazy.

Garnett is so much more skilled, defensively, than Amare that its not even close. The Celtics strength on defense is zone help, which does not appear to be something Pau exploits well. Defensively, I think we handle the Celtics better than we handle the Suns. But isn't that true of everyone? We will have an easier time stopping the Celtics than we do with the Suns. But we'll have a harder time scoring on the Celtics than on the Suns who, though they have improved, are still a poor defensive team. At best, the Celtics would be as hard as the Suns. But more likely, they will be harder.

But to the OP's point, yes... Pau will need to come through tomorrow if we are to win. And in the Finals, we will need him to be at his best, esp because we know Drew is not at his best and we can't expect him to be.

They had no answers for Pau during the stretch on Christmas day. He was killing them with skill points, not with unrefined brute force. Pau shot like 75% or something from the field against the celtics IN boston as well. A motivated Pau and Bynum can do damage against the celtics. I believe in them.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

Fleur-de-Lis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I don't see Pau having a great series again Boston. I'll be satisfied with 17/10.

We're going to need him to have a solid series for us to win. 17-10 means Bynum will have to give us more than people here expect. LO needs to give up great games too. Fish/Kobe have to give us good games as well, the team has to play like a team.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

he's been doubled and triple teamed when he gets the ball, sometimes before he gets the ball. he's having an impact just helping to open things up for the other players, while still putting up some numbers. only game he really had that was off this series was game 4, the rest he's been great.

Yea, your right, i just like seeing Pau playing aggressive and I wanna see him clown Amare and bury this team.

!...
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Pau's been getting mugged every which way this series as noted in the first post. One of these days, they really need to call fouls both ways because the Suns are killing us in the FT department.

If called fairly, the Suns will be in lots of foul trouble, simple as that.
Fleur-de-Lis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
Pau's been getting mugged every which way this series as noted in the first post. One of these days, they really need to call fouls both ways because the Suns are killing us in the FT department.

If called fairly, the Suns will be in lots of foul trouble, simple as that.

I think we're -110 in the playoffs. That very well might be a record for a team reaching the Finals.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject:

Lakers arent aggressive enough.

Lol.

!...
Fleur-de-Lis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Lakers arent aggressive enough.

Lol.

It's really disturbing when you compare this to Phoenix' other two series. Portland matchup up was a wash at FT like and Spurs actually shot more FTs.

If this repeats in the Finals, it's going to be very very difficult to win. A 60+ discrepancy like in Phoenix and OKC series is damn near impossible to overcome against an elite team.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject:

tenike1 wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
tenike1 wrote:

Crazy.

Garnett is so much more skilled, defensively, than Amare that its not even close. The Celtics strength on defense is zone help, which does not appear to be something Pau exploits well. Defensively, I think we handle the Celtics better than we handle the Suns. But isn't that true of everyone? We will have an easier time stopping the Celtics than we do with the Suns. But we'll have a harder time scoring on the Celtics than on the Suns who, though they have improved, are still a poor defensive team. At best, the Celtics would be as hard as the Suns. But more likely, they will be harder.

But to the OP's point, yes... Pau will need to come through tomorrow if we are to win. And in the Finals, we will need him to be at his best, esp because we know Drew is not at his best and we can't expect him to be.

They had no answers for Pau during the stretch on Christmas day. He was killing them with skill points, not with unrefined brute force. Pau shot like 75% or something from the field against the celtics IN boston as well. A motivated Pau and Bynum can do damage against the celtics. I believe in them.

Oh, I believe in them too. I think we will come through against the Celtics and Pau will have a couple of big games. But I am saying the Celtics aren't an easier matchup for Pau than Phoenix is, or should be. That Pau hasn't totally dominated inside is (bad calls aside) a product of effective zone play or just a less than stellar stretch of games. If it is partly effective zone play, the Celtics have improved that greatly since the last time we played them and are, overall, better team defenders than Phoenix. If it is just that Pau has been not in the flow or just a bit off compared to what he can be when he's playing dominant basketball... if that's the case, then that's no different against the Celtics.
Fleur-de-Lis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
ignardlakerfan wrote:
srm90 wrote:
ignardlakerfan wrote:
i hate to say it but it depends on how the refs will call it...if they give any starter two early fouls then we dont have a chance, if they continue to let them run illegal screens, nash travel and the sun bigs to camp while in the zone...it will be tough t overcome that....again

That's why I'm hoping the refs don't set the tone to begin the game. If they take over the first 5 minutes of the game, it'll be an uphill battle the rest of the way. If they're going to call ticky tack fouls they better CALL IT BOTH WAYS.

yeah right, them calling it both ways probably isnt going to happen...matter of fact it seems like lakers get no love even at home...i think stern wants that memorial day game 7 to bring in the tv money....and thats a damn shame instead of letting the teams decide on the court

Of course they're not going to call it both ways. They haven't all series. And the Lakers are -103 in FTA's on the road this postseason. But we can still hope, can't we?

I don't know if it's possible for Celtics to get +20 and +22 at home like OKC and Phoenix did, but anything is possible. We shall see...
1PurpleGold
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject:

Were not only gonna need Mad Pau, were also gonna need Crazy Ron, Feisty Fish, Shamwow Shannon, Swooshin' Shasha, Bombin' Bynum, Bangin' Mbenga and the Holy Ghost
2The4th
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject:

Winning formula
1. Against Pick and Roll: Don't hedge!!! Let Steve shoot.
2. Against zone: Penetration.
3. Don't shoot bad shots.
4. Aggressively attack the paint.
5. Get your hands up.
Phil: You know sometimes I criticize myself for not exploring more of what I considered the modern game, which is you know, kick in the ball and shoot 3s, but the principle of the game is teamwork and it always has been.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject:

Look this team has to win on the road despite the refs, hell both games @ phx there were points in the game were we where with in 6 points and 1 point, easyly within striking distance to steal the game. That is what we need to do, play smart, heart filled defense and we can take this game. That being said I have a funny fealing mamba might tie or break jordans record today. If not that he is going to drop a bomb on phx.

NO MERCY MAN NO MERCY

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers hold the suns under 100, then I'll be very happy.

Supreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject:

Laker bigs need to step up for this game and control the glass. Defense and rebounding wins games. Boom Boom Pau!
Jocinetu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject:

Our team stays too away from basket. We need to drive more, to be aggressive and attack their big mans. I don't think that ref's are so bad, because our range shot decisions made that free throw difference. Amare/Lopez/Richardson plays with no fear of our "shot blockers" so they drives right over/around/trough us & get those free throws. We need more layups from Kobe/Lamar/Pau & more hustle on both ends! To me only Fisher realy trying to drive, but he is too slow & short to put the ball in over their defenders. Anyway i like his desire to challange them!
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject:

GO LAKERS! FINISH THEM!!!
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject:

DJ Qube wrote:
ignardlakerfan wrote:

You know, I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure we're gonna lose tomorrow. If we lose tomorrow, that means game 7 is on Monday, a national holiday. I don't think this has gone unnoticed by Stern, either.

Oh crap, you're right. And with the nba reporting they are 400m in the hole this year that means there's a strong motive to generate that holiday game.
Crazy Like Ron Artest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Kobe goes for 50+ tonight.

This is a guarantee. Better bet on that while you still can. If you lose a bet, I will refund you all the money.

(in your dreams, suckers)

But sure thing, expect 50. Put some money on it. These are hard times. Just helping everyone out. Make that bet now!
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject:

not with only one day in between games. I'm hoping for 25, 11 assists, 8 rebounds, and no TOs.
Crazy Like Ron Artest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject:

FredG wrote:
not with only one day in between games. I'm hoping for 25, 11 assists, 8 rebounds, and no TOs.

Your loss. Imma make myself some money. I predict 53 points to be exact.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 3 of 130
Jump to: