The Aftermath: Celtic Nation Is Devestated + Spur Fan Whining (Quotes From The Other Side)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElliotTheFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject:

I need more quotes!!!!
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject:

tenike1 wrote:
Quote:

thetitleisours said...

Think of it this way, the Lakers only won by a few points and a wing and a prayer (and a zebra or two).

We destroyed them in 2008. Our championship is still superior to theirs
Reply June 22, 2010 at 02:40 PM

2 is better than 1!
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject:

JTS1 wrote:
alexjlake_gr8t wrote:
Wino wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:

After game 7:
Quote:
(((Nothing yet, I think he's avoiding me, even though I'm not the type to rub it in and bring it up just to (bleep) with him.)))

My hater friends texted me throughout the playoffs, knowing how stressed I get over the Finals. Left me comments on facebook, sent me e-mails.

Ever since Thursday, nada. Oh, sweet silence.

Typical Boston fan, really never met one that acted any different. And I have met a bunch!!

Always there to gloat and never around to deal with the fallout.

Always there to collect, never there to pay up.

Gotta share this with you all...
I actually lost a gf behind the finals. She would text me gud morning normally everyday, then all of a sudden when we lost game five it was: Gooood Morningggg GOOOO BOSTON! So i took the high road and said thats cool, but pls dont send any of that crap to my phone, n if u cant do that then delete my number cause the series isnt done yet. Well then she sent pics and it was officially on! Now every moring i send her a randon smeltic fail pic to go with her cup of coffee. Not one reply since, golden/puple silence!

hope you've been in the celtics fail images thread. you can torment your friend for a couple of weeks w/the stuff there. LOL!

Continuous stream of fail pics thx to LG

Sent the link to the racial state of boston that we all are aware of the bandwagoneers from another thread outlining Russell's treament while playing there...
sone212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
tenike1 wrote:
Quote:

thetitleisours said...

Think of it this way, the Lakers only won by a few points and a wing and a prayer (and a zebra or two).

2 is better than 1!

I already responded to this but again that statement is dumb as (bleep). How many times did the Celtics of the 60's make their bones winning a seven game series in Game 7?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject:

Since I am in the heart of enemy territory, I don't purposely bring up the finals. But people actually have the nerve to bring it up to me so they can start whining about the refs and and before they can even start their pity-party I giddily start laughing and celebrating and jumping up and down -- YEAH LAKERS, BACK TO BACK! WOO HOO!!! WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS BABY! I get lots of frowns and grumbles. Oh, man, it's great!
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject:

The entire theme of this finals was that the Lakers were suppose to lose and that would make 2009 forever 2009*.

Now when I tell my Boston friends that they can now refer to 2008* they really don't have any room to wiggle. They were so sure the Lakers were going down that they all nudged and prodded me about it.

And if we can 3-peat, that will only make the anguish of this past loss that much worse. I hope the Celtics keep the same team and can barely make it back to the Finals again. I would love to crush them in 2011.

And it would be great to see Bynum play 82 games next year. He does that and this team will destroy every other team out there.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
tenike1 wrote:
Quote:

thetitleisours said...

2 is better than 1!

Back to back >>>>> 1 hit wonder
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I love seeing those fans in misery...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Love seeing them compare this game to Patriots' and Red Sox moments.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject:

rigged? aw.. baby cry? baby googoo gaga? aw poor babyyyy
harrywenhr
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject:

bill waton
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject:

Celtic fans blaming their loss on the refs would be like the Yankees complaining how they can't complete because other teams spent more money on players than they did.

I had an opportunity to shoot with some nude models in Boston last year, and despite how hot they were, I finally decided it wasn't even worth it to step foot in that city. F U Boston. My hatred for everything Boston grows more every day.
squidward
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject:

In a Mark Jackson voice: If you're a Spurs fan, you have to understand that Kobe was always going to be better than Duncan. Mama there goes that man.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject:

For some reason, I do not hate Boston. It's like hating a (bleep) who talks smack. It's just not right....
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject:

ElliotTheFan wrote:
I need more quotes!!!!

You got an insatiable hunger...and the only way to satisfy this hunger is with more quotes from the other side.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject:

I can just hear the Celtics now:
(sung to Queens: We are the Champions)

We've sang the blues -
Time after time -
We've paid the price
While committing our crime -
And bad mistakes
We made quite a few
We had our share of Laker sand kicked in our face -
That we couldn't fight through

We aren't the champions - my friends
We couldn't fight it - through the end
We aren't the champions
We aren't the champions
We're f'ing losers
'Cause we aren't the champions - of the world

We've taken our blows
Got kicked in our balls -
By Kobe and Pau and Magic and Worthy and
We thank them all -

But it's been a big pile of dung
No pleasure cruise -
We considered it a challenge before the whole human race -
And we had to lose -

We aren't the champions - my friends
We couldn't fight it - through the end
The Lakers are the champions -
We aren't the champions
We're f'ing losers
'Cause the Lakers are the champions - of the world
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject:

^^^^

Bravo
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject:

I keep stalking Bill Simmons right now to see what he says about the game 7 loss. I mean other than his live chat from game 7. I want to see how he tries to weasel his way out of praising a repeat champion. I want to see the aftermath article he writes...

I guess he's still not over it. So here are some more aftermath quotes, from Simmons' draft liveblog:

Bill Simmons wrote:

By the way, you know this draft sucks because I'm now irrationally excited that the Celtics (picking 19th) might get either Eric Bledsoe (my favorite remaining prospect) or Avery Bradley (ESPNU's No. 1 college recruit just 12 months ago) as Rondo insurance. I thought we'd have dreck left in this spot. This almost makes up for blowing a double-digit lead in the second half of Game 7 of the 2010 Finals against the NBA team I hate the most. Oh, wait, it doesn't at all. Not even a little.

Bill Simmons wrote:

Just called my Dad for his Bradley take. "Did you hear them say he was ranked higher than John Wall heading into college last year?" he asks. Dad and I are moving on. We're totally over that Game 7 loss. As far as you know.

Bill Simmons wrote:

In other news, I went 6-for-24 in my mock draft. Where's my Finals MVP trophy?

Bill Simmons wrote:

Memphis is picking 28th with the final piece it received from the Lakers in the infamous Pau Gasol trade. The pick? A very excited Greivis Vasquez, who pops out of the stands for a hug/handshake with Stern. Fun moment. So if you're scoring at home, Memphis ended up with Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and Vasquez for the second-best center in basketball and someone who helped the Lakers to three straight Finals and two titles. There hasn't been a deal that unfair since Paulie became a partner in Sonny's restaurant in "Goodfellas," stole all of Sonny's liquor, bankrupted it, then had Henry and Tommy set it on fire for the insurance money. Actually, even that wasn't as bad as the Gasol deal. I hate everything.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject:

^^^^^^^^^ Great stuff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
tenike1 wrote:
Quote:

thetitleisours said...

2 is better than 1!

Back to back >>>>> 1 hit wonder

Likes this.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject:

Pokoy for president! I love seeing Simmons wallow.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
I keep stalking Bill Simmons right now to see what he says about the game 7 loss. I mean other than his live chat from game 7. I want to see how he tries to weasel his way out of praising a repeat champion. I want to see the aftermath article he writes...

I guess he's still not over it. So here are some more aftermath quotes, from Simmons' draft liveblog:

Bill Simmons wrote:

By the way, you know this draft sucks because I'm now irrationally excited that the Celtics (picking 19th) might get either Eric Bledsoe (my favorite remaining prospect) or Avery Bradley (ESPNU's No. 1 college recruit just 12 months ago) as Rondo insurance. I thought we'd have dreck left in this spot. This almost makes up for blowing a double-digit lead in the second half of Game 7 of the 2010 Finals against the NBA team I hate the most. Oh, wait, it doesn't at all. Not even a little.

Bill Simmons wrote:

Just called my Dad for his Bradley take. "Did you hear them say he was ranked higher than John Wall heading into college last year?" he asks. Dad and I are moving on. We're totally over that Game 7 loss. As far as you know.

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Memphis is picking 28th with the final piece it received from the Lakers in the infamous Pau Gasol trade. The pick? A very excited Greivis Vasquez, who pops out of the stands for a hug/handshake with Stern. Fun moment. So if you're scoring at home, Memphis ended up with Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and Vasquez for the second-best center in basketball and someone who helped the Lakers to three straight Finals and two titles. There hasn't been a deal that unfair since Paulie became a partner in Sonny's restaurant in "Goodfellas," stole all of Sonny's liquor, bankrupted it, then had Henry and Tommy set it on fire for the insurance money. Actually, even that wasn't as bad as the Gasol deal. I hate everything.

Keep crying Bill, keep crying

!...
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Keep crying Bill, keep crying
]

awwww, that was sweet. bill simmons STILL whining and it's been a week.

thank you pokoy, thank you!

Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
Split wrote:
Master)v(ind wrote:
grimmz4764 wrote:
These clowns act like they would have cheered Jerry West in Boston. Bill knows it was all in good fun, he got a good laugh out of it. I'm sure he was less offended then when he was called racial slurs back during his playing days in Boston.

Was it? If it was then those Lakers fan are pathetic. Someone should've got rifle and shoot him

I think you got it wrong.
Boston fans actually called Bill Russel racial slurs while he was playing there. From what I've read, Russel never actually liked the city of Boston because of the racism he faced there, he just loves the team.

This is true.

Documented in several places/books.

Don't have time to google them all though.

Bye.

Russell's comment about Boston being a "flea market of racism" was from a passage in Second Wind about where he stood in terms of Martin Luther King vs. Malcolm X (note that Russell's co-author, Taylor Branch, is best known for his monumental Pulitzer Prize-winning America in the King Years trilogy - not your average jock ghostwriter!):
Martin Luther King and Malcolm X had the most passion among black national leaders then, and I was drawn to both of them. When Dr. King's voice rose to that preacher's pitch, and he rocked back and forth in his shoes, all my old church days came back strong. Initially, however, I had the same reservation about Dr. King that I had about the Vietnam War: the white people in Boston liked him, and so I knew something must be wrong. To me, Boston itself was a flea market of racism. It had all varieties, old and new, and in their most virulent form. The city had corrupt, city-hall-crony racists, brick-throwing, send-'em-back-to-Africa racists, and in the university areas phony radical-chic racists (long before they appeared in New York).

I had no doubt about those people in Boston because I saw them every day. They constantly surprised me, since I thought of Boston as the city where Paul Revere rode for freedom. If Paul Revere were to ride today, it would be for racism: "The n------ are coming! The n------ are coming!" he'd yell as he galloped through town to warn neighborhoods of busing and black homeowners. Most of the Irish Catholics in Boston were ready to pick your fillings out if you weren't the right religion or from the right clique - much less from the right race - and almost everybody else wouldn't acknowledge you unless you'd gone to the proper school and came from the proper family. I had never been in a city more involved with finding new ways to dismiss, ignore or look down on other people. Other than that, I liked the city.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: