The Aftermath: Celtic Nation Is Devestated + Spur Fan Whining (Quotes From The Other Side)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject:

Master)v(ind wrote:
grimmz4764 wrote:
These clowns act like they would have cheered Jerry West in Boston. Bill knows it was all in good fun, he got a good laugh out of it. I'm sure he was less offended then when he was called racial slurs back during his playing days in Boston.

Was it? If it was then those Lakers fan are pathetic. Someone should've got rifle and shoot him

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject:

Ah, the squirming. I love it. Basketball fans across the country are eating years' worth of crow, as Kobe wins titles. That's right, turkeys...it's plural now.

Oh how I would love to hear the sentence, "He might have 7 titles now, but he still doesn't compare with Jordan!". I'm loving this so very much.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject:

You see my avatar?

Sippin on all them hater tears, ahhhhhhhh refreshing!

!...
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject:

Nothing quite like Boston Celt*c pain ripe and fresh in the morning.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:

I saw what you did there!

!...
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

I saw what you did there!

Well deserved punishment for the (bleep) talking from Garnot, Pierce, and the rest of the circus clowns.
Rico
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Am I the only one that believes that all the success that Kobe has had came too easily for him

yes. yes you are the only one

Last edited by Rico on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sasha coming through in the clutch to help LA win a title while I live in LA...... this is my hell.

Bill Simmons, is that you?
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject:

the celtics get away with holding and pushing on defense, then when the refs decide to call it, they claim "conspiracy"

stupid (bleep) losers

i hope this loss stings like hell
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Hilarious that a Spurs fan calls Kobe whiny when Duncan has always been a little (bleep) who looks at the ref as if he's never committed a foul in his life every time he gets called for a foul.

You mean the Tim Duncan that got T'd up by Joey Crawford while he was sitting on the bench?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
EHL_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject:

I nearly died reading this Suns fan quote:

Quote:
Sasha coming through in the clutch to help LA win a title while I live in LA...... this is my hell.

I lol'ed hard at this at work.
dgrynch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject:

It's great to be hated. It Shows excellence!
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject:

lol Everyone always blames the refs when they lose. Doesn't even matter what sport or if it's valid or not.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully the Celtic fans walk away from the game for a few years, like these band wagoners did during the past two decades, (1986-2006).

Boston is so full of pathetic losers.

Come on, they BOUGHT one ring by bringing in an old Garnett and Allen. That is all they will get out of it.

We acknowledged Garnett's skills way more than they have ever acknowledged Pau's skills.

So we rebuild our team around Kobe, bring in an unproven big man, who was shopped around the league with no takers. Now we robbed his ex team. LOL, funny how people rewrite history just as soon as they figure out they were punked by the greatest team in league history!!!

The Celtics are one of the dirtiest teams in league history, I would put them in there with the Detroit teams of the 80's. They were the ones carried by the refs. The refs let them beat the holy bleep out of Pau, the lack of calls for Pau were a complete joke but guess what, Champions find a way to win, losers whine about it.

So Boston fans, I just can't tell you how enjoyable it is for all of us Laker fans to hear your complaints. As a city, you NEVER have had ANY CLASS what so ever. If anyone in Boston had a brain, you would learn to just shut up and get down to work, figuring out a real way to win. When you beat us in 2008, we took it to heart, we admitted you got the best of us and we decided to do something about it. But let's face it, that has ALWAYS been a trait of the Lakers, we accept our failures and then fix them. You guys just (bleep) and whine like little pansies.

You guys can eat Shaq's azz!!
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject:

when those punks have their 20 year reunion party, rings won't be touching... nothing but lint
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I hate the Lakers, and I'm sure everyone else here does, but you can't deny that they have some extraordinary players. Even though you or I obviously don't make the decisions anyway...Hypothetically, would you ever trade for anyone on their roster, or do you hate them too much to even consider it.

Quote:
Absolutely. I would take Kobe, Gasol or Bynum if they were offering...I would not take Lamar, or Sasha if my life depended on it (maybe that is a bit of hyperbole)...

Quote:
Nice Thread - you know, I would take Lamar O'dom in a heartbeat, if we could get him for next to nothing.

Kobe and Phil have a bad way of blaming everything that goes bad with LA on Lamar only.

Everything with LA is Nice now, of course..but Phil and Kobe have been rather harsh on him.

Quote:
I'd rather have an STD. And with Kobe around I'd probably get one. And not by my choice.

Quote:
I don't care what the circumstances of the Celtics were--doormat, lottery team, rebuilding, contender, or a stacked Team of the Ages--I would never, ever, ever want to see Kobe Bryant in green

Quote:
Funny thing with this is that Scal is a LOT better teammate than Kobe.

Quote:
I'd trade for Gasol in a heart beat. The only thing not to like about that guy is the uniform he's wearing.

Quote:
I agree, I never bought into the whole "Gasol is soft" thing. Two years ago, KG just dominated him.

Quote:
Well, I wish he'd shave before coming to work, but yeah, he's the closest thing to McHale that I've seen since McHale.

Poor Bynum. I like his grit, his size and parts of his game. I hate his history of injuries. And Clifford Ray could really help this kid.

Funny I can say that though, I see Brian Shaw on the Laker's bench and can't help but think of him as a traitor.

Quote:
At the time, he was not as aggressive as he is now. Being on the Lakers made him a tougher and more aggressive player, it wasn't til after the 2008 finals that he bucked up and got stronger.

Quote:
Forget their salaries or contract statuses for a moment (as I don't have those details)... But would you trade Tony Allen for Shannon Brown?

Quote:
Shannon is a punk, don't want him at all.

Quote:
Travis Knight. The 40 Million Dollar Man. Thanks, Pitino.
OldManLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject:

KG - 3 Rebounds in Game 7 is the main reason that they lost.

That and they ran out of gas in the last half of the last quarter of the last game of the season.

When players get tired, their shots stop falling and their defense suffers.

They get beat on D and end up fouling.

Anyone who has played BB at any level has experienced this and knows this to be true.

Tired players hack.
Not purposely, but because that's pretty much all they can do when they are gassed.

It's that or give up an easy basket.
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I've been reading through the posts the last through days, it does seem to conform somewhat to the stages of grief -- the day after was a lot of denial (the refs did it!), followed by a lot of pain (that's where I'm at). Some people who have tried to start talking about next season (moving ahead to hope), while others have said, "I'm not ready for that yet."

Quote:
I was in denial for a while, then pain... now sadness almost acceptance. Don't think I'll find hope though.

Quote:
Anger, there is no moving on when you are screwed over.

Quote:
I am in absolute and in complete pain over this.

Quote:
I did my grieving after we got blown out in game 6. There was no way we'd win game 7 in LA. That's why you play hard in the regular season... home court advantage. I made my peace with failure and the greatness of King Kobe before game 7 even started.

Quote:
People who aren't Celtics or Lakers fans actually helped out, they say it was an amazing series to watch since it was two heavyweights beating the tuna out of eachother. The calls weren't slanted enough to effect the games, we still had a chance to win every single game. I'm actually really proud to say that we made it that far because in reality it proved that these teams are completely equal to eachother. Luck is the wildcard between us. The luck landed on the Lakers that night.

Quote:
Still a little bit angry, but at my Celtics for blowing it.

Quote:
only person im happy for on lakers is ron artest, been through some tough times and deserved it. i hate every one else on that team

Quote:
Reload, regroup, get back in it and kick some Los Angeles behind. After all, "The Lakers are a second rate dynasty." We just need to show them.
TRJONS1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Quote:
What has been killing me the most for me is that I am convinced we were intentionally robbed by the officials. 21 FTs for the Lakers in the 4th quarter when they only shot 37 for the game. That tells me the refs began calling stuff they didn't call through the first 3 quarters. Also, 21 FTs in the 4th quarter! That staggering number should be enough. 7 minutes left in the game when the Celtics went into the penalty...when you think about it, that comes out to about a foul against the Celtics on every possession to start the 4th quarter up until that point. Did it look like the Celtics were hacking on every possession in the 4th?

Yes, they did start calling it differently. And if they called it like that the entire game, the Celtics would have lost by 30.

Their fans are delusional. They seriously believe that their "suffocating defense" has nothing do with the fact that the Celtics get away with murder.

Frankly, they didn't officiate the first 3 quarters. They ignored obvious fouls to manufacture a close game. Boston needed thug ball to make it competitive. We saw in Game 6 what Game 7 would have been with officiating.
TRJONS1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Also have to realize the only reason the game ended as a 4 point Laker win and not double digit was the Lakers were bricking their freethrows.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Quote:
Reload, regroup, get back in it and kick some Los Angeles behind. After all, "The Lakers are a second rate dynasty." We just need to show them.

second rate??? the celtics weren't relevent for 20 years, a one hit wonder, and the lakers are a second rate dynasty! the lakers won 5 championships in the last 10 years. no one eles went back-to-back except the lakers!

[bugs bunny]that's rich! whadda maroon![/bugs bunny]
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Man, I love this thread...I'm laughing and laughing and laughing at these posts. They don't even remotely irritate me at all...I just find them hilarious...

Quote:
I'd rather have an STD. And with Kobe around I'd probably get one. And not by my choice.

hahaha...I'll have a laugh at that one too...feels so good to be on top...even haters hating out of pure hate just feels so great.
Rico
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Funny thing with this is that Scal is a LOT better teammate than Kobe.

thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Dear Jesus, Spurs fans are so delusional. They still think that the Spurs can win any championship soon.
Star
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject:

What always makes me laugh about these "rigged" comments is that it has to work both ways.

If fans think the NBA is "rigged" than you have to consider that your favorite team's championship is also rigged. So the NBA must have helped Boston win their title in 2008 and the Spurs to win their 4 titles. Arguing that the Lakers won for any other reason than they were the best team is stupid if your team has won a championship in the last decade.

The same should be said sometime in the future when Laker fans complain that Stern is fixing some other game because if he is, their hasn't been anybody who has benefited more than the Lakers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9
Jump to: