The Aftermath: Celtic Nation Is Devestated + Spur Fan Whining (Quotes From The Other Side)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject:

What is the "18-1" thing the Celts fans keep whining about?

"This was worst than 18-1"
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Spurs fans have napoleon complex. They won 3 titles in the decade but nobody gave a damn. Instead, people simply grabbed their pillows during their finals and set their alarms for the following NBA season.

So true.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject:

dna. wrote:

Patriots choking versus the Giants. I was a huge Giants fan that day!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject:

bscottfan wrote:
dna. wrote:

Just to amplify for those non-football fans -- the Patriots went undefeated for the entire season and the playoffs until they lost their "only" game of the season in the Super Bowl. It's the highest level of gut punch for a fan. So worse than that is basically PURE HELL.
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Spurs fans are just jealous to see how a back-to-back is done. After all, in 2004 they ran into Derek Fisher, and 2006 their own stupidity (Ginobli fouled Dirk on a layup to give a 3-point play...when the Spurs were only up by 3) were both things that stopped them dead in their track for becoming repeat champions. Must be sad for them to see the Lakers do it on 2 separate occasions in roughly a 10 year span.
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I think we can all agree that every fan base has the same type of fans, Lakers included.

I am sure they are reading some of the threads from LG and think the same. You guys have to admit, some of these threads are just ridiculous. I'm sure they had superboy's thread stickied somewhere out there on various forums.

I know for a fact that Spurs Fans are just jealous of our success, I personally know one. She admits it.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:
Sounds like Spurs fans are just jealous to see how a back-to-back is done. After all, in 2004 they ran into Derek Fisher, and 2006 their own stupidity (Ginobli fouled Dirk on a layup to give a 3-point play...when the Spurs were only up by 3) were both things that stopped them dead in their track for becoming repeat champions. Must be sad for them to see the Lakers do it on 2 separate occasions in roughly a 10 year span.

That would actually be 3 back to backs! 2000-2001...2001-2002....2009-2010!
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject:

bscottfan wrote:
dna. wrote:

Haha...me too! I went to a SB party and there were only 2 of us pulling for the Giants!!
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject:

gill2k wrote:
Everyone else (especially Boston) hating the Lakers? All is right in the NBA world I guess...

I love this championship feeling in June. Always a great way to start the summer. Their tears can water the new lawn out in my front yard.

Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject:

I only wish the Lakers could have behaved with as much class and dignity as those noble 2008 Celtics. Who can forget KG remembering to give a shout-out to mothers after every play--at least "Mother!--" was all I could make out before ABC had to cut away.

Or the Celtics pouring Gatorade on the floor as the seconds were ticking down.

Boston fans are classless and arrogant when they win and classless and bitter when they lose. They chuckle about leprechauns when they get the breaks and complain about curses when they lose. Their winning coach delighted in blowing cigar smoke in the faces of worthy opponents and the city as a whole was unworthy of such a gracious legend as Bill Russell.

This Celtic team trash-talked, then choked, pushed and shoved like bullies and then got outworked, pounded their chests and drooled when they won, and then slunk off the court when they lost.

Bill Simmons tweeted gleefully while the Celtics were running up their lead and then had a pouty, self-pitying meltdown as the Lakers took the championship faster than you can say "Havlicek stole the ball!" Aw Bill, don't cry. You can always reminisce about 1986, your favorite year ever, when the Celtics actually did win a championship and the Red Sox too -- well except for Buckner and Calvin Schiraldi and John McNamara. And what ever happened to all those miserable Boston fans who said, "Now I can die in peace" after the Red Sox finally won? Why are they still spewing the same old bitter garbage that Boston fans are celebrated for?

Well Boston, thanks for the American Revolution. We really do appreciate those founding fathers, but after looking at your track record since 1800, I think I'm going to have to agree with Ron Artest: Boston sucks! Boston sucks!

Enjoy the next 23 more years of basketball mediocrity.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject:

The Celtics are fresh out of former Celtics as GMs for other teams who will send them their franchise player for nothing.

Looks like another two decades of mediocrity chowds. I will be looking for the MVP chant for Kobe in your building (again) next season.
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject:

hig wrote:
SlickVic wrote:

That would actually be 3 back to backs! 2000-2001...2001-2002....2009-2010!

You are correct. All the more reason for them to look at us in disgust.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Master)v(ind wrote:
grimmz4764 wrote:
These clowns act like they would have cheered Jerry West in Boston. Bill knows it was all in good fun, he got a good laugh out of it. I'm sure he was less offended then when he was called racial slurs back during his playing days in Boston.

Was it? If it was then those Lakers fan are pathetic. Someone should've got rifle and shoot him

You don't think Bill Russell should be shot?
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
bscottfan wrote:
dna. wrote:

Just to amplify for those non-football fans -- the Patriots went undefeated for the entire season and the playoffs until they lost their "only" game of the season in the Super Bowl. It's the highest level of gut punch for a fan. So worse than that is basically PURE HELL.

LOL oh YEAH

Somehow I wasn't connecting Boston with the Patriots, guess I had a brain fart.

I was definitely a Giants fan that day, despite my overall disliking of Eli for (bleep)ing on the Chargers
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Master)v(ind wrote:
gumby wrote:
Split wrote:
Master)v(ind wrote:
grimmz4764 wrote:
These clowns act like they would have cheered Jerry West in Boston. Bill knows it was all in good fun, he got a good laugh out of it. I'm sure he was less offended then when he was called racial slurs back during his playing days in Boston.

Was it? If it was then those Lakers fan are pathetic. Someone should've got rifle and shoot him

I think you got it wrong.
Boston fans actually called Bill Russel racial slurs while he was playing there. From what I've read, Russel never actually liked the city of Boston because of the racism he faced there, he just loves the team.

This is true.

Documented in several places/books.

Don't have time to google them all though.

Bye.

What I meant was Laker fans should've shot Bill Russell that night. But I think I might change my mind if the guys been a target of racism for years even at Boston

Huh?
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Here's an article I wrote about why the Lakers should be stripped of their 2010 World Champions title.

Quote:
they should be stripped of the title because the distorted and biased officiating system of the NBA and it's President, handed it to them on a silver platter. Inthis case, the best team lost, and it was proven once again that the "Good Guys" don't always win

Quote:
i am waiting for someone to post the video of Kobe kicking Perk's leg out from under him when he got hurt. Why has no one posted it?

Quote:
The Celtics are constantly getting hosed by Stern. A few years ago when we came in next to last place we were going onto the drawing for the draft pick and came up with the fifth spot.

Quote:
I agree that the Lakers won the series and as hard as it is to admit they are the better team this year (by a narrow margin).

Quote:
Many of us are still in the denial phase.

Quote:
i hate the lakers with a passion myself, but to strip them of their title just comes off like someone whining. our boys lost.....it sucks more than anything, but u have to come to terms with it and move on.

Quote:
I am a life long Celtic fan, but did not feel we were ripped off. Frankly, the refs allowed alot of contact in game 7, which played to our advantage. Lakers beat us, let's deal with it and move on.

Quote:
I think the winners of the Euroleague should challenge the Lakers to a playoff. If the Europeans win, then we should get rid of the World Champions moniker.

Quote:
What I don't understand is how this league can be above corruption and/or incompetence. Is it really that far out to think that? This country is full of businessmen, politicians that would lie to make a buck. Why is it so hard to believe that this league is immune to that?

Quote:
I hate the Lakers winning so much more than I hate the Celtics losing. God that sucks!

Quote:
It took me years to admit Magic Johnson was a decent player in the 80's and that those Lakers weren't a bunch of softy chokers. I hated them then, and I hate them now, but they won game 7 by being mentally tougher and hitting shots when it mattered most. Yes, there were a bunch of foul shots for the Lakers, but they were by and large legitimate because the Celtics were dead tired and incapable of legally defending any longer.

Quote:
It's pretty obvious that had game 7 been in Boston, the C's would've rolled - that 13 point 3rd quarter lead would've turned into 25. The Lakers were not the better team, necessarily. They just had the home court advantage, cause the C's obviously took it easy during the season.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i am waiting for someone to post the video of Kobe kicking Perk's leg out from under him when he got hurt. Why has no one posted it?

Oh I don't know...maybe because it's all in your head you delusional freak.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:

Don't forget 2000 and especially not '08. Lakers comeback vs Spurs in game 1 of WCF was epic. I was watching that game at 6am in France and probably woke up most of the people in the hotel when the Lakers came back.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:

Bill Simmons tweeted gleefully while the Celtics were running up their lead and then had a pouty, self-pitying meltdown as the Lakers took the championship faster than you can say "Havlicek stole the ball!"

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"Here's an article I wrote about why the Lakers should be stripped of their 2010 World Champions title."

wow- can't wait to read that.

Get a life you loser.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject:

This whole thread is genius. So great.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Spurs fans have napoleon complex. They won 3 titles in the decade but nobody gave a damn. Instead, people simply grabbed their pillows during their finals and set their alarms for the following NBA season.

The Spurs finals also set the 3 lowest ratings in NBA history for an NBA Finals. 6.5 rating for the 2003 finals, 8.2 for 2005 finals, and 6.2 for 2007 finals.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject:

My Spurs fan friend after game 5:
Quote:
Lakers look done. Stick a fork in 'em.

After game 7:
Quote:
(((Not appropriate for LG.)))

My Celtics fan friend in New Zealand after game 5:
Quote:
Celtics in 7. Lakers are too worn out to win two in a row against the Celtics' D.

After game 7:
Quote:
(((Nothing yet, I think he's avoiding me, even though I'm not the type to rub it in and bring it up just to (bleep) with him.)))
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject:

I must have watched game 7 20+ times and I thought it was actually the best officiated game of the series.

The fouls in the 4th were pretty clear. I'm not sure how you can whine when KG falls for a pumpfake and lands on Gasols back a bad call. Or they forget to omit the intentional FTs the Lakers got. It was 16-6, and I thought the calls were spot on.

I'm glad I got to see a Laker game 7 victory in my lifetime, and the downfall of the Celtic franchise at the same time.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:

After game 7:
Quote:
(((Nothing yet, I think he's avoiding me, even though I'm not the type to rub it in and bring it up just to (bleep) with him.)))

My hater friends texted me throughout the playoffs, knowing how stressed I get over the Finals. Left me comments on facebook, sent me e-mails.

Ever since Thursday, nada. Oh, sweet silence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: