WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 10/31 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacks3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject:

ClutchShot wrote:
Good to see pau take more shots than kobe

lol
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
Well, I'm not gonna criticize this team right now. They are in cruise control, and are good enough to be in cruise control save for an ocassional statemnt game throughout the RS. If they stay healthy, this team will be a terror in the post-season.

Blake has already shown why many of us thought he would be an ideal FA pick-up. The dud simply knows how to play basketball, and keeps his ego in check. I've always liked him, and frankly was puzzled that Mitch never went after him when the opportunity presented itself earlier.

barnes is another guy I really like and I can't understand why ghe's so undervalued throughgout the league. Barnes can D up, he can shoot the rock from the arc, and he does some of what Ariza used to do: cut and dive off the ball for easy looks. He's also a decent passer. Now, when Artest needs a break, you put barnes out on the floor and the energy level does not decrease. That's a huge luxury in games where a 7-8 point spurt by the opposition can mean the difference.

Theo is an old pro. I just want him to stay healthy. He still has his timing intact on his swats. Although I loved Congo Cash, the refs gave him no love, which was a pity because I still think Mbenga can play and was sad to see him go.

As for LO: Now many people realize what a lot of his critics -- and I include myself among them for much of his laker tenure -- have been saying about LO's skills as a baller. When the guy is in shape and focused, he's a top 10 player in the world. Period. he can do it all.

Playing for the US this summer had the welcome side benefit of keeping LO in the gym, working on his game, and now we see the difference. His body just looks livelier than it has in recent years. Although he has tended to ratchet up his play in the play-offs, there were the all-too-familiar ocassional stinkers which had many scratching their heads.

But THIS is the LO that I've always felt should be out there night in, and night out -- a dominant player.

Once Bynu comes back, the less wear and tear on both him and LO will be key for the stretch run and into the play-offs.

I love all the attention that the teams in the east are getting because the lakers ARE being overlooked. But watching them some nights -- it's like watching the varsity play against a pick-up group of skins. It's not that they make it look easy, it's just that as a team they are extremely well constructed, and have more versatility 1 through 12 than any other team.

Man, are they fun to watch. The ball zips around. Guys are making their reads. The ball finds the hole.

They will undoubtedly have their dog days, but hopefully the infusion of the new bench guys, plus Shannon's upgraded game, will be enoug to overcome the ocassional lethargy.

I get a very good vibe from this group.

SGH

Very well said all the way around SGH.

I think the bench is going to win games that this team would have lost the last two years. The Ring game vs Houston was a perfect example.

Starters were understandably not focused and still a but rusty. Didn't have enough energy going. Barnes, Blake and the upgraded Shannon 3.0 really made the difference with their tenacity, energy, hustle (and big-time shotmaking from the late 3rd quarter through the final shot.)

Lakers would have lost that game with the bench from the last two years- especially last year's. I think we'll se a fair number of games this year where the starters are bored/lethargic/tired and Blake, Barnes and Brown (and hopefully Theo, Ebanks and Caracter at times) really make the difference with their energy, hustle and passion.

I love that none of these guys except Brown have a rung and they are all extremely hungry and scrappy, and look to make the most of their minutes, but in a team-first way rather than a Farmar-esque me-first way.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

I actually think LO is doing more by concentrating on less, but with better focus and consistent effort. He's playing really great D (note how teams actually seem to avoid running the pick and roll with his man, because he can show and recover or simply switch onto any player of any position effectively), rebounding, and on offense he's really putting effort into cutting and staying active, rather than floating on the perimeter. He's never going to be an offensive star, but by embracing the Ceballos role (don't try to initiate so much, just move relentlessly off the ball and be available when the D rotates), his all around skills shine. His true value is his defensive versatility and nose for the ball,

What's going on 24 ? How are things ?

I agree about LO. Less is more, in terms of what he's focusing on.

I love the fact that he is limiting his 3s. He is so much more effective cutting to the hoop for layups and dunks, or facilitating with great interior passing, and in either case, being in closer positions him better to use his fantastic rebounding skills.

I love the way he is getting after it in the glass. Just great to see.

And his D has always been very underrated. Nice to see him getting some love for his D.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: